Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Brother None, is the the beta's file size under NDA? Because that would be absurd. And I'm positive it's not going to increase/decrease by gigabytes in the remaining week(s).

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None, is the the beta's file size under NDA?
No, but what I play from are full game file syncs (which for raw game files is like 25GB+) or just rough builds. I don't know what beta file size will be.
To clarify, I don't know what it compresses to as a download. The beta game size installed is about 8GB on my disc and it'll probably be something like that too, but it'll compress down significantly for the download, most likely, to as little as half that. Dunno if it's the download or the disc space you care about. But yeah, no exact number yet, especially not on the download.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Huh, that's bigger than I expected. Really packing in those art assets.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the finished product. No beta-criticism from me. +M

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
There's more art assets, higher quality textures now than a lot of what you've seen so far (most recent screenshots are pretty representative). Some limited VA. But mostly it's big because it just covers a lot of maps and areas, just like you'd expect an RPG like this to do really. The beta really is quite sizable IMO, I've played full RPGs in the past few years smaller than the beta segment.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like I'll be waiting for the finished product. No beta-criticism from me. +M

I find it hard to believe you will be able to resist the temptation to at least give the chargen and first area a try.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it hard to believe you will be able to resist the temptation to at least give the chargen and first area a try.
It's very easy for me to do nothing, especially when doing something requires downloading 4 gigs of an unfinished game. I'll watch a LP.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's very easy for me to do nothing, especially when doing something requires downloading 4 gigs of an unfinished game. I'll watch a LP.
Do you have a metered connection? How is there more or less work involved with the size of the download?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nope. 12 CDs.
Popamole shit, should be released on 256K floppy disks, just like the original game. 31.250 of them, to be precise.
inXile could call this Old-School Edition and charge extra.

That principle didn't prevent you from paying 55$ for it. :roll:
Add $20 to that. I wanted a box and both novellas.
I upgraded my initial $20 pledge to $75 too, for the same reasons. I was toying with the idea of going for the $100 tier, but I can't really afford to pay $115 and inXile has decided not to reduce shipping fees to Europe even after striking a deal with Deep Silver (which is Europe-based).

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/395318635129872384
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/395318723277373441

“Ok the beta for Wasteland 2 is really close but I'm not quite comfortable releasing it in its current (technical state). I'm excited to get it in your hands but we want to give a little more love. Sorry for the lack of communication on this, it can be hard when you’re this close. Stay tuned!” - Brian Fargo

Sounds like a delay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom