Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 beta: Makes Fallout 2 without any patches look like a solid piece of software.
not very optimistic, are you?
Interplay decided that unpatched Fallout 2 was good enough to go gold, therefore this early beta must be worse if Fargo is too ashamed to let it go out to the ~12,000 people who have access to it.

Because the 36 year old Brian Fargo of the slowly dying Interplay of 1998 and the well-off Kickstarter evangelist Brian Fargo of today are in the exact same situations with the exact same set of criteria

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Because the 36 year old Brian Fargo of the slowly dying Interplay of 1998 and the well-off Kickstarter evangelist Brian Fargo of today are in the exact same situations with the exact same set of criteria.
I can understand having higher standards for the gold version of Wasteland 2 but this is a beta.

I guess I can see the appeal of wanting to get rid of all known bugs so their time isn't wasted getting reports for things they know about, but they can also cover some of those with a KNOWN ISSUES disclaimer.

Lhynn

Arcane
Interplay decided that unpatched Fallout 2 was good enough to go gold, therefore this early beta must be worse if Fargo is too ashamed to let it go out to the ~12,000 people who have access to it.
I think the biggest pressure he has right now is not making it as soon as possible, its making it good. If its good but we get it on a year or two, everything will be forgiven and forgotten.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It probably is buggier than the released Fallout 2. That's what beta is for, fixing all those things.

Dexter

Arcane
OMG they ran out of money. They're doomed, DOOMED I tell ya! As we've learned on these very forums delaying video game release dates never happens and being honest about it is probably the worst thing that you can do.

d2c869e0-029e-4c4c-ae0e-f04e63520365.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
OMG they ran out of money.
Not sure if you're serious... but Inxile's koffers are still quite full.
No, you see, they delayed the game by a few months and aren't saying anything. This means they ran out of money and the game will never come out and will suck (if in all unlikelihood it'll happen anyway). And they probably did that Torment KickStarter just to be able to stand a chance of finishing Wasteland in the first place, so that is doomed too!

We have already established all of this.
tim-schafer-brutal-legends-demo-ormagoden-swin-flu.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eh, who cares about the delay. The only thing that matters is whether the actual content is any good -- which isn't anything they can actually rectify by releasing the beta build a week later.

Beware our judgement, Brian Fargo :M

Ferrous85

Educated
This was the back page of the most recent PCPowerplay (aussie mag).

Something interesting coming late November?

a1Nnuct.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Awesome advertisement. :yeah:
I want that shit.

Should have made it into a poster. Get on it, Brother None!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure if that's related to Wasteland 2 or the W1 rerelease.

Isn't the November date the date of the next issue of Powerplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom