Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's not his customer, and it was just a theoretic example anyway, not someone actually saying "I spent X". We have refunded people who have run into economic problems by giving too much before.

He's a moderator, voluntarily. He's not an employee, he's not customer service, within the strictures of the rules he can say whatever he likes. He doesn't speak for inXile.

Lotta forum shuffling. Done!

hiver

- No, it wasnt directed at any of the casuals or biodrones. -

He doesnt speak for Inxile - while he is a mod on Inxile forums. And thus represents InXile whether you like it or not. And he is a part of customer service, even if indirectly.
Just speaks about quality of personnel selection process. And ultimately about how important the forums are for the company.

I will be sure to save that whole page and spam it all over next kickstarter. Including the damage control attempts and excuses. So that people know they should think better in advance.

If hiver wasn't banned I would have made him a global moderator, obviously.
Do i even need to answer this? Just in case this is even half serious thought, instead of cheap way to make yourself seem all supah-dupa - i wouldnt go back there even if someone would pay me money for it. Let alone be a mod - which would result in immediate nuclear purification of the whole board.

- discussion over as far as im concerned -

Darkzone

Arcane
Drool, Zombra, Woolfe, Paultakeda and ffordeson are maybe sometimes too convenient, but they have at least some manners and even if i don't share theirs opinions, i respect and like them. I hope that they will make a good work. And since they have taken on this job, they will have a certain pride in being choosen for this. So i wish them good luck for this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Creating a twitter account just for beta status updates is pretty weird. Also suggests it's going to take weeks or perhaps even months.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Creating a twitter account just for beta status updates is pretty weird. Also suggests it's going to take weeks or perhaps even months.

The account is not for status updates on when the early beta is coming; it is for updates during the beta, for example blasting a known issue to thousands of folks so we don't get dozens of duplicate bug reports. Known issues will be posted in as many places as possible and the Twitter account will be one of the places.

kazgar

Arcane
So err, now there's stuff being actually released, do we have to work out how all the people who donated via the codex instead of via kickstarter directly get access to the ranger centre? (as they won't be in Inxile's database) missing the updates is one thing, but wasteland 1.

Might be time to summon Infinitron cos he reads these and maybe Brother None because its probably gonna be his headache. Might pass on summoning DU right now.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So err, now there's stuff being actually released, do we have to work out how all the people who donated via the codex instead of via kickstarter directly get access to the ranger centre? (as they won't be in Inxile's database) missing the updates is one thing, but wasteland 1.

Might be time to summon Infinitron cos he reads these and maybe Brother None because its probably gonna be his headache. Might pass on summoning DU right now.

On the contrary, this is DarkUnderlord's responsibility. If you're afraid of attracting His attention, I can raise the issue in the staff forums later.

kazgar

Arcane

On the contrary, this is DarkUnderlord's responsibility. If you're afraid of attracting His attention, I can raise the issue in the staff forums later.

So be it, I assume DarkUnderlord would have email addresses of all the donators who get copies and can pass that on to Inxile so the accounts can be created?

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer

So be it, I assume DarkUnderlord would have email addresses of all the donators who get copies and can pass that on to Inxile so the accounts can be created?

Pertinent info should go to Bro None.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Nope. I have usernames but not emails. Technically I could pull out the donation email or registration email but no guarantee that either would be correct for most of you tards.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The system doesn't really allow for splitting off multiple accounts from one major pledge like that, nor does it have any accounts for non-direct backers. I think it'll work better with DU distribute the keys to his list of usernames when he gets them.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chris Keenan speaks: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=79967#p79961

Hey guys,

We really are getting close to putting it in your hands. What we didn't fully anticipate was how big the demo is. Backers will easily spend 6+ hours on it. That's a full game in many new releases and it's just the first half of Arizona for us. While the level guys are cleaning up issues in their areas, we also need to essentially have all game systems at a point where they are functioning well enough to give you a good idea of the games feel. It means we're going through a modified version of gold mastering a game, minus the polish and iteration time.

By modified, I don't mean we're trying to remove all bugs or make sure each element is fully polished, but there is a ton to do just to make sure it's ready. We have to take a bit more of a critical eye on how the systems work and that takes time. In development, there is so much to do. Many times you need to stick and move on features early on to get the basics in so you can start to see how they mesh together. This means you get it working, then move on. Sometimes you live with things that might be wonky but function, since there is so much else that needs to go in. These unfinished features might be confusing to someone who just picks up the game for the first time, but since we've been working on it 18+ months, we know how to fudge it to make it work. Other elements are working great (and you can see everything great in the dev console) but when you hide the console, the lack of feedback hurts that feature. We are focusing on the worst offenders in these areas and have the luxury of not being contractually tied to a specific line in the sand, and that allows us to not have to make big concessions to keep the doors open and the team paid.

As a producer, it's important to have vision of what a feature can eventually be, but to be critical of it. Have we proved the feature out enough to believe it will be good with some clean-up and iteration or do we need to scrap it and try something else? This is how much of development goes as you get diminishing returns taking something too far early on. Now we're taking all the things that generally worked and making sure they can be understood by the player.

Our goal is not to take this beta to "completion" and send it out. We want feedback once it's in your hands. I'm a huge believer in iteration and now we can get the feedback on where it would be best to spend our time during the last part of development.

Chris

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Do backers of Torment who are also receiving wasteland 2 as part of the package also get the demo or is it for Wasteland 2 backers exclusively ?.

The "demo" is the game's beta. You need to have bought the Wasteland 2 beta access addon.

set

Arcane
Paying to beta is... I hate it, even if we're supporting what hopes to be a great game by doing so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom