Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never been a subscriber, last time I read a gaming magazine would have been in the year 2000 or something.
Take one for the team, leave your apartment/house (you should do that regardless, once every few years) and get it, then!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, we could just ask this Ferrous85 fellow to do it, seeing as he's already scanned the current issue.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't you have a smartphone (or any mobile phone, actually)? Take pictures! Even with 3MP it is 2048x1536 resolution, so better than enough quality.

EDIT: Or what Infinitron said.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You live in a first-world country and don't have a color scanner? They cost like $30 nowadays or something, I don't know since I've had mine for forever.

You are a bad person.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/dhindes/status/397234470094249984

The next issue of PCPP is The Survival Special, featuring @inXile_Ent's Wasteland 2 on the cover. pic.twitter.com/5GBNzf5OJh

That picture makes me nostalgic for the late 80s/ early 90s PC magazines. I couldn't wait for the next one to come out and read a Scorpio or Desslock review or a tech article proclaiming the POWA! of the new 4mb video card.... kind of sad really... don't have anything like that anymore.... I think I'd like to be alone now... :cry:

hiver

looks like a bro.

- i mean that good looking fellow on the cover. Like his style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That picture makes me nostalgic for the late 80s/ early 90s PC magazines. I couldn't wait for the next one to come out and read a Scorpio or Desslock review or a tech article proclaiming the POWA! of the new 4mb video card.... kind of sad really... don't have anything like that anymore.... I think I'd like to be alone now... :cry:
I remember upgrading my RAM from 4 to 8MB and getting that "power overwhelming..." moment. There was nothing in this universe that a 8MB 486 couldn't handle.

Gord

Arcane
I sold my old C64 back in the day so I could afford 2MB more of ram to play Syndicate.
In hindsight I should have tried to finance that differently. :(

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
https://twitter.com/dhindes/status/397234470094249984

The next issue of PCPP is The Survival Special, featuring @inXile_Ent's Wasteland 2 on the cover. pic.twitter.com/5GBNzf5OJh

The German Power Play is back with its original cast: http://www.chip-kiosk.de/specials/chip-specials/powerplay-313
http://www.chip-kiosk.de/specials/chip-specials/powerplay-313

Used to be the most popular computer games magazine at around the same time.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember upgrading my RAM from 4 to 8MB and getting that "power overwhelming..." moment. There was nothing in this universe that a 8MB 486 couldn't handle.

Those were the good days, got same feeling after upgrading from 2 to 4MB and I was able to play Doom on my own PC.

I didn't feel a damn thing when upgrading my new gaming rig to 8GB...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Like upgrading my shitty 2D card (don't remember the name) to a Voodoo2. Man, I could run NFS5 with that, it was like heaven.
Those were the good days, got same feeling after upgrading from 2 to 4MB and I was able to play Doom on my own PC.

I didn't feel a damn thing when upgrading my new gaming rig to 8GB...
I miss those days. Sure, you had to pay a lot more, because hardware development was very fast, and every half year there was a new graphics card on the market, but there was a payoff when you fired up your new rig. Now, all you have is a small jump in framerate, and that's it.

Gord

Arcane
Being in school without much money also meant that I anyway couldn't afford to upgrade very often.
When I did, it was a real jump. In comparison my last upgrade still had me playing the same stuff only at sligthly higher framerates and with a little bit less noise. That was almost 3 years ago and my rig ist still doing fine for most stuff (and it wasn't even high end then)...

Funny how that changed. Guess it's the whole diminuishing returns in computer graphics striking yet again.

Edit: Not to derail the discussion any further:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-computer-upgrade-history.87580/#post-2943412

Last edited:

Oesophagus

Arcane
qiJOFhC.jpg

Converting the heathens, are we?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Couldn't help but notice that Brother None made a mod out of that one hipster some of you guise hate on the Wasteland 2 forums. I approve.

hiver

the biggest ass lickers, as usual.

drool already made his mark though. real company material all of them (except woolfe who is relatively ok).
:spit:

hiver

Its funny though, i was reading that scanned TToN article here where Colin and Kevin were commenting how people who have invested more money then they reasonably should have really affected them strongly - in positive ways and then i went to W2 forums to find one of my posts about Torment there, took a look at whats new and there is the new moderator arrogantly telling people "weelll.. maybe you should have thought better before giving that much money" like a piece of shit he is.

The stupid fuck never made a single post without opening with some strawman or insulting stupid shit. And thats a mod.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"weelll.. maybe you should have thought better before giving that much money"

Yeah, I love this "thanks for the money, moron, you don't know how to use them anyway haha".

Of course, I don't know to whom he replied that.. maybe to someone who expected a Bioware RPG. But I can see this being used for anyone who's has anything bad to say about the game.

Just a hint: You don't tell a customer that he shouldn't have spent his money. Worse comes to worse, you offer a refund. But hey, EA bans people asking for refunds. Just laughing at them is not as bad, I guess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom