Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3973

I have been a PC gamer since the 70's. I have watched and experienced the entire evolution of PC gamming. I have personally experienced a time when PC games did not have to have bad language, nudity, sex, etc... to be a great game. The point being... If those games in the early days did not need the aforementioned garbage in them, to be a success... why then must the so-called adult content be added now? Do you really want me to believe that if you don't add bad language, nudity, sex, that Wastland 2 will be a failure? Would it not make sense to have this title rated at teen so you could reach a larger audience in sales?

At the very least - please make sure there is a option for filtering the so-called adult content.

Thank you.

:patriot:

KithKanan

Novice

Brother None said:
VonStar said:
At the very least - please make sure there is a option for filtering the so-called adult content.
We are planning to add an optional filter.

The options page for WL2 is starting to sound KDE-length.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3973

I have been a PC gamer since the 70's. I have watched and experienced the entire evolution of PC gamming. I have personally experienced a time when PC games did not have to have bad language, nudity, sex, etc... to be a great game. The point being... If those games in the early days did not need the aforementioned garbage in them, to be a success... why then must the so-called adult content be added now? Do you really want me to believe that if you don't add bad language, nudity, sex, that Wastland 2 will be a failure? Would it not make sense to have this title rated at teen so you could reach a larger audience in sales?

Thank you.

:patriot:
Fallout had a violence and language filter. :)

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
roadtokickstarter.jpg

THIS is really good. It needs some tweaking though.

Meh, I'm not impressed by these "silhouette with pastel colors" type of logos.

Also, blue color scheme when most of the game is going to be orange ? No.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Google Translate :lol:

- I am not "rich space»

- This is very expensive projects. About the games cost 50 or 100 thousand dollars, had it not been a problem for me, open game creator, who in truth has promised to invest just 100,000 dollars of their own money in "Wasteland 2".
Some simple, clear explanation, we still see far behind.
- I can not speak for them, they have their reasons. But I have funded my company for years to get where I am. I know very few developers who, even if they are rich, you take two, two and four million U.S. dollars out of his pocket.
He thinks it could be a whole other discussion about sitting with $ 100 million in cash and charge simultaneously lynkjapt up a rap with his whip.
- I have seen a joke that I'm rich, but not "send me into space rich"! he laughs jovially towards one certain spacefaring Briton , who also asked the players open portemoneten.
- But I do not know how much he has and shall appoint him! It comes to a point where it becomes a different discussion. I am clearly not there , claims Brian Fargo.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Fuck, go with the original pic with the overgrown city. Perfect cover.

The cover picture should definitely be that one, even if just to have a connection to the Wasteland 1 cover.

However, I am not sure if that logo is the best choice on an actual cover:

wl2logo1920.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Look, I know this is far from perfect (especially the tan color I used for some of the text), and that not everyone likes "nighttime blue". I personally don't like "jungle green".

Regardless, I want to see something like this.

nice.png

EG

Nullified
Look, I know this is far from perfect (especially the tan color I used for some of the text), and that not everyone likes "nighttime blue". I personally don't like "jungle green".

View attachment 1336

I . . .

I like it.

Fuck those haters that thought blue rocks were unrealistic in Fallout, neh?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
That is pretty much how it should look in the end - whether it is bluish or greenish, I think either is fine.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Fuck those haters that thought blue rocks were unrealistic in Fallout, neh?

Someday, they'll be crushed to discover that all radiation doesn't emit a bright green glow, and that that misconception stems entirely from the use of a glow-in-the-dark radium admixture applied to watch dials back in the day.

Although if I recall correctly, Fallout in fact used a red-hot or orange graphic to portray extreme radioactivity-related heat, which is much closer to reality. Regardless, blue rocks are cool.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

View attachment 1336

I like the design, almost the same as the originals boxed version, but i prefer the original's color scheme.

Jestai

Augur
Patron
The blue image is surprisingly good indeed! (but the title is meh and the "2" is, in my opinion, wholly horrendous).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom