Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

ArchAngel

Arcane
Was release date for WL2DC announced?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It needs to be as polished as possible because I doubt they're going to spend any significant amount of time/funds on additional patching (console patches cost a lot more).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
German sites are reporting that the Director's Cut is coming October 13th. Damn, pretty late.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
German sites are reporting that the Director's Cut is coming October 13th. Damn, pretty late.
PC version being delayed because of consoles
kgmNSmi.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
seeing this screenshot, does it mean that Wasteland 2 will feature a day-night cycle?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, that is 1 month before Fallout 4, I guess they have time to sell some copies :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
UPDATE: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/1309495
Hello Exiles,

We have some big news to share with you today, so we'll just cut right to the chase. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut will be releasing digitally on PC on October 13, 2015! Additionally, for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, digital and physical releases will be coming on October 13th in the Americas, and October 16th Worldwide!

As we've said before, anyone who already owns Wasteland 2 on any digital PC retailer will be getting the Director's Cut as a free update on PC. We'll have more information as we get closer to release, but it's our intention to make sure it's as easy a process as possible. Keep your eyes peeled on our Wasteland 2 forums as we'll be putting up FAQs and similar in the coming weeks towards release.

For those of you who are still curious about the Director's Cut contents, features, and changes, or may have missed our discussions on them previously, here are some links that go over some of those new elements in detail.

And those do not even fully cover all the new additions, like new and expanded voice-over for many of the game's key NPCs and companions, as well as our extensive rebalancing of virtually every combat encounter, loot drop, and item you'll find in the game.

We're now in the home stretch of development. Our final tasks in the several weeks before final release include polishing up the game as much as we can, including tweaks, optimizations, fixes and balance adjustments. We hope you will enjoy the changes and updates as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you.

New Screenshots
We've got a bunch of new screenshots ready for you for this announcement, showing off some of our graphical updates and changes to our environments and character models. Our art team has worked tirelessly to make sure the Wasteland is more vibrant and detailed than ever, and we're extremely pleased with the results.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Wow, the game is looking really neat, which I didn't think I'd ever say about Wasteland 2 of all games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It does look significantly better than original Wasteland 2 which I think already looks good enough (as long as you don't look at those fugly models in the inventory screen).

Did anyone ever explain why Rail Nomads is designed the way it is? Why is this settlement tunneled like this FFS is it a memory or pathfinding issue or what? Gotta take the looooooooooong way around because this barrier's here for... reasons.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Am I the only one disturbed by the name “Director’s cut” ? Isn’t Wasteland a indie game where the “director” (the dev’s) made every choice with no intervention from an editor ?"

:)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did anyone ever explain why Rail Nomads is designed the way it is? Why is this settlement tunneled like this FFS is it a memory or pathfinding issue or what? Gotta take the looooooooooong way around because this barrier's here for... reasons.
I don't think the question has ever come up before. Offhand all I can think is that a lot of areas were designed by different people, so it makes sense that some seem weird compared to others.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't think the question has ever come up before. Offhand all I can think is that a lot of areas were designed by different people, so it makes sense that some seem weird compared to others.

Well every level so far has been a corridor crawl so this fits in with all the others. My problem with this specific level is that it has a store in an inconvenient location and there hypothetically could be more than one path to this store buuuuuuuuuut there are barriers preventing that so you can only ever approach it in one way.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What, the bomb guy store? That was pretty centrally located as I recall. But yeah, now you mention it that map did feel (moreso than most) like a lot of long corridors for no sensible reason. I guess it's to give you the feeling of long linear train tracks, because Rail Nomads. At the end of the day, just chalk it up to that area being designed by someone weird.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I wondered the same thing. It seemed like some locations were designed a certain way to extend the length of the game. With the combat being as simplistic as it was, it made some places a bit of a slog to get through. I think that made the second playthrough last as long as it did - a few hours or so. I have no doubt the update will revitalize my interest in this game, but I am a bit irked that it launched in it's present state. I felt it was pretty solid despite it's many flaws.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Looking at the screenshots I still get the impression that arms are too short (particularly, the upper arm part).

Stompa

Arcane
The worst part about Rail Nomads is having to run between two locations for their quest resolution. Nothing says "Fuck you!" like having to look at the loading screen five times in quick succession.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have an SSD, so loading times aren't much of a bother at all. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom