Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
GOG shows "Original game: Wasteland 2" and "DLC: Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade" for download. Which one is the right one?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The upgrade is just novellas and soundtrack.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More reviews: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/114431-wasteland-2-released-launch-trailer-reviews.html

Rock, Paper, Shotgun, scoreless:

I don’t have any major complaints about Wasteland 2 and I’m planning to play through it again, but all of the minor quibbles have coalesced. It’s a game that has started to feel like a burden and even though I enjoy unwrapping it and mucking about with what’s inside, there’s an awful lot to unpack every time.

To end on a positive, it’s a surprisingly pleasant game, despite the inherent grimness of the setting. Violent it may be and the humour is often dark, but there’s an offbeat and jocular heart in the beast. For all its mechanical similarities to the RPGs of yesteryear, it’s that character, wit and playfulness that most capably satisfied my nostalgia and made me look forward to whatever InXile put their minds to next. I’ve criticised all of Wasteland 2′s foibles, but that’s because my relationship with it is complicated. I wish it were just a little more sharply dressed and not quite as fussy, but I do love it most of the time, although not necessarily from one hour to the next.​

PC Gamer, 83/100.

It took Brian Fargo 26 years to get to revisit the world of the Desert Rangers. It took a $3 million Kickstarter campaign to fund inXile’s initial development. And it took a welcome resurgence in complex computer role-playing games to make it all possible. Wasteland 2 lives up to its legacy. It’s a game that has come full circle—from inspiration for Interplay’s Fallout, to spiritual successor for that franchise’s roots. This wasteland is deep and dark and dangerous, and a great place to get lost in.​

Digital Spy, 4/5.

Wasteland 2 might be daunting to newcomers, then, but its a sequel that successfully captures the strategic depth and black humor of the original.

Brian Fargo and his team at InXile have delivered a quintessential role-playing experience with infinite possibilities.​

kain30

Cipher
steam it´s patching up to release, my broadband is more of a narrowband and i can´t start playing it for 3 more hours :rage:

Oesophagus

Arcane
Fuck, and I have to sit at work till 7 PM...

Well at least I figured out the theme for my rangers:

3rd-rock-from-sun.jpg

Oesophagus

Arcane
Ok, so how is it performance-wise? My last go was about 2 months ago, and I didn't get very far in the beta because the choppiness just annoyed me

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So did the codex backers get their keys yet or did DarkUnderlord pass them on to his MENSA buddies? :troll:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Those things are only available for people who purchased the Timed ULTILMATE Red Boots DLC ;)

Last edited:

bussinrounds

Augur
That's funny, my GOG version doesn't have any extras but my Steam version does.
Main vs. extra copies. You only get one "main" copy with the bonuses you're due, any others are "extra" copies without the bonuses.
Damn..I gave the first digital dl code away to someone. Didn't even realize this was the 'main' one.

Was this even indicated, or did I just miss it ?

Last edited:

Diablo169

Arcane
So where are my steam achievements and trading cards!?

:shunthenonbeliever:

Joking aside I thought i saw Brian post about trading cards at least?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom