Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Imrahil

Educated
Found a situation where I could test a combat with Kodiak kills vs no Kodiak kills & you *do* get XP for Kodiak kills. I guess 'cause it counts as a selectable party member while Pets don't.

4too

Arcane
Recent Expanded Music List

Checked, Where Oh where ....
TRUE: if have WL 3 Digital Deluxe version on Steam or GOG Galaxay, an update / download will
place the extra music in one's local Steam or GOG files.
Either site were helpful in pointing where in the all the WIN 10 clutter they lay.

Now if one FIG funded WL 3, a Delux ensemble, piles of files were down loaded from CrowdOx.
Got a 'Ranger Survival' DLC with all the loot.
It appears those music files have yet to be up dated,
and if you go to Steam or GOG you find your key was NOT the Digital Delux version.

If CrowdOx does not update from 17 to 42 songs, and you Really! Really! want it, then $10 pays for this defacto DLC.

A hale and hearty FIG YOU from InXile! Where are my RED BOOTS Brian F.! :P

4too

4too

Arcane
Do You Want Cheese With Your Whine?

Last night. While busy off line, got e-mails from Crowd Ox (yesterday 8 pm my time) with direct down load links.

One for the expanded soundtrack. Three (3?) copies of "Your Wasteland 3 Key + Digital Rewards (Corrected)"

Four e-mails, a thumb shy of a b-tch slap for being snarky on a FIG WL 3 comment column?

Not this Thanksgiving Day.

No need to go to main site and roam around a minor maze for the cheese.

Inclusions:

Fixed Ranger Survival Guide, no repeating pages, 25 mb not 141 mb.

Expanded Music List to 42, in MP3, and the wav files in 6 parts.
This time the standard Win 10 un-packer extracted playable music files.

Don't recall anything this convenient at launch, so is patience a virtue or a virus for this old cynic... :?

4too

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/happy-thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from inXile!
It's about that time of year in the good ol' U.S. of A. where we gather around the table and join each other in saying how thankful we are that our wifi is stable and we're able to hold this family video chat. It may be a strange one this year, but look on the bright side, they can't smell the three-fingers of whiskey on your breath when you lean in real close.

Speaking of heavy drinking, a big hearty thanks to you for hanging in there with us during this fantastically hot mess of a year, and being a part of our community. As a token of our appreciation, here's some custom Wasteland 3 T-Day art by Dan Glasl, one of inXile's Senior Concept Artists. The portrait features a rare (but not completely impossible) moment where the Patriarch of Colorado, Mother Nancy Reliance, and their 'friends' and family set aside their petty differences and get together to enjoy some Poultron—fresh from the oven! Yum.

c84f3a_52235d1ee82f4af595f363eebe483bf2~mv2.webp

From our family to yours, stay safe, and have a wonderful holiday. (or just a real nice Thursday) <3 Team inXile

Zyondyne

Learned
Just curious, is the game in its final form? Is there any patch/major content update scheduled to release? Or can I play it now and call it a day?

I usually play games only once and I'd like to get the full experience from my first run.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's with the lady in the hat, is she vertically challenged or a kid? Why is she barely over the table?

LJ40

Cipher
What's with the lady in the hat, is she vertically challenged or a kid? Why is she barely over the table?
That's Lucia Wesson. She's a kid (Well, mid to late teens anyway. I forget if they actually gave her a specific age).

Edit - Unrelated, but good lord the unofficial wiki for this game at fextralife sucks ass. Accidentally went there instead of the official one and came across this helpful bit:

Your squad consists of up to a maximum of 6 active party members which includes a maximum of up to 4 or a minimum of 2 Companions, while the other 2 slots are reserved for Companions. Companions aren't officially Companions and are special NPCs that you'll meet along the way.

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Do You Want Cheese With Your Whine?

Last night. While busy off line, got e-mails from Crowd Ox (yesterday 8 pm my time) with direct down load links.

One for the expanded soundtrack. Three (3?) copies of "Your Wasteland 3 Key + Digital Rewards (Corrected)"

Four e-mails, a thumb shy of a b-tch slap for being snarky on a FIG WL 3 comment column?

Not this Thanksgiving Day.

No need to go to main site and roam around a minor maze for the cheese.

Inclusions:

Fixed Ranger Survival Guide, no repeating pages, 25 mb not 141 mb.

Expanded Music List to 42, in MP3, and the wav files in 6 parts.
This time the standard Win 10 un-packer extracted playable music files.

Don't recall anything this convenient at launch, so is patience a virtue or a virus for this old cynic... :?

4too
Soooo what does that mean exactly? I got GOG deluxe edition with soundrtack but without some cool tracks like Land of confusion cover or Everybody have fun tonight. Will I be getting them tracks now or what??

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Soooo what does that mean exactly? I got GOG deluxe edition with soundrtack but without some cool tracks like Land of confusion cover or Everybody have fun tonight. Will I be getting them tracks now or what??

No, they couldn't clear the rights for those (or rather, they were too expensive).

Acrux

Arcane
Just curious, is the game in its final form? Is there any patch/major content update scheduled to release? Or can I play it now and call it a day?

I usually play games only once and I'd like to get the full experience from my first run.

Not even close. There was supposed to be a big patch this month that included balance fixes, but that seems unlikely until December now. Fargo also mentioned "expansion packs" - whether that's actually new content or just cut stuff repackaged is yet to be known, and likely won't be seen for a long time. The update cadence of W3 has been pretty disappointing, and that's coming from someone who actually likes most of the game.

Imrahil

Educated
I'm looking for a way to abuse the Global variables to get an achievement I -should- be able to legit get during game play but am apparently blocked from. I've beat the game a few times & seen all the endings, so I'm doing some fun (for me) cleanup. I've hit a roadblock:

I need to get the Electronic Countermeasures Kodiak utility item to finish the "Tricked Out" achievement*. It's apparently (from what I've read) gated behind a random merchant encounter that triggers near the specific area Denver Outskirts & (if you can get it to trigger) you need positive rep with the Gippers faction & then you have to flatter the merchant (which requires a skill check) to receive this item as a gift... which is just godawful design obviously.

I used to fuck with the Infinity Engine Global variables in Baldur's Gate 2 using Shadowkeeper all the time & this seems very similar, like there's a Y_Merchant_Gipper_Encountered Global variable. It was set to 1. Deleted it, didn't work. That merchant just never shows up, no matter how much driving between Denver & Ghost Town I do. So, anyone got any advice to get Electronic Countermeasures to be available in my game?

I mean, if it was an interesting item you'd ever use, fine, but apparently it's a shit weapon (possibly affects a subset of enemies you encounter) & its only purpose I can even see is to gate this achievement I am spazzing over & reaching out for help because I'm hoping to ShadowKeeper-salvage this (likely-)last playthrough. Enjoyed the game, but done after this.

* All that said, I'd like to vent on this stupid design:
If you want to tie an achievement to a random encounter that depends on your Rep with a faction you may or may not have even encountered yet & rely on the player having a particular Skill & knowing that buying this Item is a key to an achievement, then fu...

Funposter

Arcane
why did they make the camera control like this? why can i only take 4 custom characters? why can i just make as many custom chars as i want in order to metagame but am inconvenienced by having to switch them in and out?

why did they make it shitty?

4too

Arcane
Illusive: Electronic Countermeasures Kodiak Utility

Went to Union Station before Denver. Traveling south to north. Was exploring on the way. Got the Electronic Countermeasures Kodiak Utility from vendor. Knew enough by then to Kiss Ass to get Rep point.

Appeared to install by itself in game, not an icon-ed choice at garage.
Did not notice until random encounter with scar collectors.
“Oh, what does this do?”
Was looking for area effect attack to slow advance when noticed the ’new’ item.
It mind scrambled both mobs like the weird science weapon was rumored to do,
each group self destructed, attacking individual members.

Effective and only worked once. Then gone. One shot wonder.

Good luck with this ephemeral, other Kodiak Utilities only work with Morningstar as the AI, correct?

4too

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
why did they make the camera control like this? why can i only take 4 custom characters? why can i just make as many custom chars as i want in order to metagame but am inconvenienced by having to switch them in and out?

If you don't like the NPCs the game offers, just roll with you 4-man custom team. That's what I did. I was annoyed the NPCs had no quirks and often shitty backgrounds. Less crowded, more cover for everyone, fights take less time. The game's easy anyway. Pure win.

Last edited:

Funposter

Arcane

If you don't like the NPCs the game offers, just roll with you 4-man custom team. That's what I did. Less crowded, more cover for everyone, fights take less time. The game's easy anyway. Pure win.
my only concern is that i won't be able to cover literally every skill check but at the rate things are going, it seems like even with a 4 man team, that wouldn't be a problem by the end

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I didn't play Wasteland 3 in a long time and I abandoned it because you had the capability de deploy turrets in large numbers with no cooldown, the only limiting factor being turret number you had in inventory and action points per turn.
So each turn I had the ability to deploy turrets as much as I had action points and next turn the same thing, ending up with large number of turrets that trivialized combat difficulty.

Was this exploit patched out in later patches?
What's the status on this issue with the latest update?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I didn't play Wasteland 3 in a long time and I abandoned it because you had the capability de deploy turrets in large numbers with no cooldown, the only limiting factor being turret number you had in inventory and action points per turn.
So each turn I had the ability to deploy turrets as much as I had action points and next turn the same thing, ending up with large number of turrets that trivialized combat difficulty.

The game hasn't been updated since early October, man. It's the prime example of a "fire and forgot" broken piece of shit cashing in on gullible paypigs.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Umm, nobody's forcing you to spam those turrets?
Plus there are limits to that resource?

I really fail to see the problem. Found something you consider an exploit? Don't use it. Or rather, simply don't spam it.
I've deployed two distractions in maybe 3 fights. Maybe there were another 3 where I deployed one. Really, a non-issue.

4too

Arcane
"'Watch Out Where The Huskies Go...'"

The SPOILER here may be the taste of the plot twist.

Build a REPUTATION 'house of cards':

loved (++) by The Hundred Families, loved (-) by the Refugees, LOVED (+++) by the Monster Army, even liked by the Gippers,
but only >liked< by The Marshals. Capped the Slave Lord. Let the ranger black ops crew live into the end game.

All that work and the spooks moved to coopt the whole operation. Edgy is as Edgy does ... so this drama goes.

If develop a team with the EX-P to meet the end game skill gates, can cake walk through the 'Social Justice' posers.

Opted not to roll play a potential November Reign End Game. Why let the creeps win-win. Opted to wipe them ALL out.

The last one standing, well, huddling, was crippled by critical shots. Used explosive bolts.

Recalled still had snow balls in the inventory as Team November cleaned house at Patterson AFB.

Had quite a few, did not run out before the bolts blew ...

Pelted Ms Self Anioted with my cache of yellow snow balls. Curiosity and experimentation was rewarded.

Finding out they were poisonous was Cold Comfort. ;)

4too

Spelling errors corrected?

4too-2

Last edited:

Ruchy

Scholar
Just finished this with a mate, had fun but just as in previous Fargo titles it's an unfortunate waste of a lot of potential. I take particular issue with itemisation as it is incredibly boring and uninspired, very little choice just this is better than that. Skills were fine I guess. Combat was fairly repetitive, they added abilities that were never worth using, perk points were uninspired.

Essentially the whole thing was mediocre and honestly just too easy playing on ranger difficulty. Potential but as usual the mark was missed because they are a nostalgia company and not a games company. 6/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom