Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Pliskin

Arbiter
Clockwork Knight said:
Like Fallout was high literature before

As a game, it's okay. It doesn't stimulate my enormous <s>prostate</s> brain, but if I wanted that, I wouldn't be playing a game.

You can pretend the previous games were 100% serious, if that makes you feel better.

High literature? No. A good story, with interesting NPC's / locations / dialogue? Yes. It's logical within it's setting, which is always desirable for that whole suspension of disbelief thing to work properly.

As far as gameplay goes, it's a cRPG in every sense that matters: C&C / stats / skill checks that all function as advertised. More (much more) than could be said for Fallout 3.

Clockwork Knight said:
GRIMDARK
I have to agree that many people who defend Fallout 1&2 make it sounds like it's some thing for highly intelligent people and whatnot. It's simply not stupid or trying too hard to be funny, unlike this installement in Fallout franchise.

See above.

Clockwork Knight said:
I agree 100% with that. Still, it's silly when

Black Isle: "blah blah shit blah blah his name's Bob!"

Codex: "LOL SO QUIRKY"

Bethesda: "blah blah same shit blah blah his name's Bob!"

Codex: "CHARACTER RAPE"

Nice, but it applies to 1 too.

"JOINDIEJOIN generic unity rant DIEJOINDIE"

"you're a poopy head"

"shoot, better kill myself"

Codex: "best.villain.EVER"

-

President Eden pulls the exactly same shit:

Codex:":Facepalm:"

inb4 someone oversimplifies Eden and overcomplexiflies the Master

Do you not understand the difference between Original Character creation and Rip-off Sequel that does nothing but re-cycle what's already been done?

At least it took some effort / ability / checks to talk the master into suicide. President Eden?

"LAWL DUDE YER NAWT REEL!"

"Oh, right-o! I suppose the sporting thing to do would be to shut myself off and let you human chappies get on with it. Cheerio!"

Yah, that's equivalent to the Master in Fallout 1 allright.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
sure, it just took 3 paragraphs for a total stranger to convince him.

you can reason until it reaches a LARPing point, but it's the same thing.

A valid complaint would be that 3 didn't change anything.

So it's the same thing because the idea and outcome are the same? Your reasoning is even dumber than I thought.
I wonder if you'll find more things in FO1 which you can call inane - in FO2/3 retarded shit was behind every corner.

Do you not understand the difference between Original Character creation and Rip-off Sequel that does nothing but re-cycle what's already been done?

sure. As I said, if that (rehashing) was the complaint, I'd agree with it. But it's "IT RAPED THE PREVIOUS GAMES".

At least it took some effort / ability / checks to talk the master into suicide.

yeah, if you're blind or something

So it's the same thing because the idea and outcome are the same?

The execution too. Using more words and checks doesn't make it more complex.

I wonder if you'll find more things in FO1 which you can call inane

Sure! Just give me a minute...or not, since we're flooding the thread with useless shit and people are interested in the play, not in drama. Cheerio!

MetalCraze said:
Though Fallout's setting was a post-apocalyptic world, not a fantasy for children.

fallout3.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
What about much better writing? Which is the execution. Master didn't go from "People without me will fail!" to "OK I'll kill myself" in a one fucking moment.

Sure! Just give me a minute...or not, since we're flooding the thread with useless shit and people are interested in the play, not in drama. Cheerio!

You were interested in filling this thread with useless shit just a minute ago before you were caught on your bullshit.

before you were caught on your bullshit.

:lol:

everyone here played it. How can I be "caught", like it was some stealthy plan? Is your ego that big? Not only you have mad suicide-inducing skills, but detective skills as well?

I lost interest once I realized this would turn into LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU rabid, deluded fanboy rant for 3 pages. So, bye.

And if you can't tell the difference between enlightening someone that his life's work, for which many had died, was a failure to begin with

you don't do that in one fucking dialogue.

Virtz

Educated
Clockwork Knight said:
I agree 100% with that. Still, it's silly when

Black Isle: "blah blah shit blah blah his name's Bob!"

Codex: "LOL SO QUIRKY"

-

Bethesda: "blah blah same shit blah blah his name's Bob!"

Codex: "CHARACTER RAPE"
Except maybe you've missed that the FO3 Harold keeps repeating this shit over and over throughout the whole fucking conversation as some half-assed nod at the previous games that really just looks pathetic.

And if you can't tell the difference between enlightening someone that his life's work, for which many had died, was a failure to begin with and saying something as nonsensical as "When will it end?" to a machine, then I agree with Skyway - you're retarded.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Someone do a dialog line by line match-up so he can see how wrong he is.

Not that i think fallout 1 & 2 logic regarding the "peaceful" path is impeccable. But at least it's better than i see in this thread.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
YOU YOU YOU

So I take it you have nothing to say in defence of your argument about Master and Eden being the same?

Clockwork Knight said:
How can I be "caught", like it was some stealthy plan?

And why would I do that, when I am clearly the best hope for the people of the Codex?

Is your ego that big? Not only you have mad suicide-inducing skills, but detective skills as well?

What alternative would you suggest? Without Metalcraze, what would the world do?

I lost interest once I realized this would turn into LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU rabid, deluded fanboy rant for 3 pages. So, bye.

Yes, I suppose you're right. Very well, you shall have your wish. Once you have left, I will put an end to Metalcraze.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
619.jpg

Crap. Bringing back the Enclave and their stupid "President of the US of A stamp of approval" was the worst among many bad scenario decisions. It's even worse for me than BOS, supermutants... and even talking trees. :(

Christ, Clockwork Knight is a fucktard. If you can't see the difference between a ghoul with a little tree growing out of his head - which wasn't even IMPORTANT until Fallout Bible said it was - and a fucking TREANT complete with DRUIDIC CULT seriously? Go yiff yourself.

bhlaab

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:

I think lots of skill checks is the backbone of making a crpg complex

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
603.jpg

HOLY SHIT CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!

618.jpg

Enclave in Tactics' BoS armour ftw

After a few seconds, we can see a helicopter approach the lab.

It's a vertibird, motherfucker :evil:

Cockwork Knight said:
Nice, but it applies to 1 too.

"JOINDIEJOIN generic unity rant DIEJOINDIE"

"you're a poopy head"

"shoot, better kill myself"

Codex: "best.villain.EVER"

-

President Eden pulls the exactly same shit:

Codex:":Facepalm:"

C&C is. Skills checks are just support.

Ah yes, the retardation still is strong in this one.

bhlaab

Erudite
No wonder this guy's son turned out to be a sociopath, his only parent literally lets him get away with murder.

"All those people... dead... we're going to have to sit down and have a chat about this later. But right now, there are switches to press! Hop to it!"

Ah yes, the retardation still is strong in this one.

Explain. Having a skill check to call him a poopy head makes it more complex? Or did you assume I was saying fo3 had a lot of C&C? (I didn't).

no witty shit plz, you're not very good at it

-
edit:

nvm. I'll stop shitting up the thread.

No way, you can have C&C in any type of game.

sure, but you can also have (hidden) skill checks in any kind of game.

Enclave in Tactics' BoS armour ftw

not really. They're similar, though

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The problem with the President actually killing itself is basically how fast it just turned around. It's a poor argument that resembles Saren from Mass Effect to a degree. Actually, Mass Effect is worse, but both failed at pulling it off convincingly. There are good things to defend about F3, but this isn't one of them.

Capturing the player, disarming him and then GIVING HIS GEAR back within 30 seconds does not make a lick of sense either. Why the fuck does he entrust the FEV virus to the 101 kid but not the Enclave soldiers? Beats the shit out of me.

The problem with the President actually killing itself is basically how fast it just turned around.

Hm. True. Then again, he's a machine, so I'm not sure how much effort it takes to convince him of something.

It's a poor argument that resembles Saren from Mass Effect to a degree. Actually, Mass Effect is worse, but both failed at pulling it off convincingly.

saren had the sovereign fucking up his mind, so I got the impression he was already willing to do that, but it was hard to do so without someone else telling him to. Didn't matter since Sov could still use his body because he modified it with geth-like parts.

There are good things to defend about F3, but this isn't one of them.

I never said it wasn't shitty, just that it didn't feel very different from what happens with the master. Only the master required some more talking.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Clockwork Knight said:
Explain. Having a skill check to call him a poopy head makes it more complex?

Who says anything about it being 'complex'? Nobody, for fuck's sake. If you seriously don't see ANY difference between a 'please shut down' -> 'alright!' dialogue and another one that goes like 'your plan is bound to fail and I have evidence' -> 'alright, I'll check with my scientists' -> 'well damn, you're right after all, time to kill myself' and for it to actually happen you needed a holodisk from one woman in the BoS camp then there's something wrong with your head. The end-game dialogue with the master is not only written, like, a hundred thousand times better but also makes as much more sense.

Or did you assume I was saying fo3 had a lot of C&C?

No, you said C&C is the most important feature to make an RPG complex which is bullshit extraordinaire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom