Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Funny, i could've sworn you were the mayor of little lamplight... fuck being your favorite word and all.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Stereotypical Villain said:
Sample from the ever so witty radio: "What rhymes with shoes and gives you the blues? That's right, it's time for the cashews! Errr... that's not right. How about the news?" That's the final straw that made me shoot Three dawg and then uninstall the game.
Is that actually real? Really?
Damn. It's a good thing I've just ignored the 'radio' and listened to my own music while playing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I believe it is the DLC radio content. Fallout 3 Radio quality is pretty piss-poor and short on tracks. After a while listening to the 5 same tracks gets boring.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
DriacKin said:
Sample from the ever so witty radio: "What rhymes with shoes and gives you the blues? That's right, it's time for the cashews! Errr... that's not right. How about the news?" That's the final straw that made me shoot Three dawg and then uninstall the game.
Damn. It's a good thing I've just ignored the 'radio' and listened to my own music while playing.
Yeah... now imagine that and a few other radio blurbs repeated over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Secretninja

Cipher
wut about the violin lady.
dont tell me you dont enjoy the violin lady.
nvm, i forgot that you arent mature, us mature people listen to violins and stuff

spectre

Arcane
Harold can no longer speak to you. He's on fucking fire. That's hard iron logic right there.

Also:

[Charisma]: We and I want fucking moar.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahah, got another funny encounter in F3. I picked Lawbringer perk to unlock the Regulator HQ where I can turn in evil raiders' fingers for positive karma and caps. Walked over there, saw two deathclaws at a distance, ignored them and walked into the office.

The regulators greeted me and talked tough, "We are the law in the lawless wasteland" and shit. Until the two Deathclaws walked into their office and started murdering them left and right, I swore I saw the leader squatting behind her desk in terror as her colleagues got mowed down one by one, tried to talk to her and all I got was "Regulator XXXX is fleeing". I LOL'ed before hitting VATS and headshotted the beasts.

DriacKin said:

It's from Broken Steel, yes... That's the most idiotic thing he says, but not the worst, sadly. :?

Edit: Another example! "Unemployment is down, stocks are up and the UN just declared global peace forever. Now for the real news."

bhlaab

Erudite
FeelTheRads said:
No because they're the same thing

Yes, the same thing. A ghoul with a tree growing out of its head is the same as having that ghoul turned into a tree with its heart buried in the ground and with a cult of worshipers.
Just like a ghost (which in the words of the ever so intelligent DrogDrog meant ghosts are canon now) is the same as a vampire cult.
Like convincing the master with information found through the game, skill checks and not retarded dialogue is the same as convincing Eden that "Come on man, you just have to do this. I mean... really!".

Yeah, the same fucking thing!

Harold is NOT a ghoul :x

DriacKin

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Once you start a LP, you are the peoples BITCH! MOAR bitch more! ;)

For all of you impatient fucks:
There should be a new update within a few minutes. I'm uploading the images right now.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 17 – Training Day

At the end of the previous episode, our father was killed and we needed to get out of here before the Enclave captures us:
637.jpg

638.jpg

Fortunately, Dr. Li knows of a secret exit from this place. Thus, we enter the ‘Taft Tunnels’ in order to leave.

639.jpg

Here are all of the remaining scientists that managed to escape.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Ugh... More tunnels? Why can’t this game take us to some new and interesting locations?

i3.jpg
I don’t know... but, this game definitely seems to have an unhealthy fetish with annoying tunnel levels and crazy cultists.

Anyway, let’s talk to Dr. Li:
640.jpg

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
We’ve got the Enclave behind us and who-knows-what ahead of us. If we’re gonna make it through here, we need your help.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Fuck that. I don’t care about any of these scientists. Daddy was the only one I cared about.

i3.jpg
Too bad. The game makes you care about these guys. You have to help them.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Well, can’t I at least betray them to the Enclave or something like that?

i3.jpg
Nope. You have to help them.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:(

641.jpg

Anyway, we proceed through yet another super exciting tunnel level.

642.jpg

Inside of the tunnels, we encounter a few Enclave soldiers as well as some feral ghouls.

643.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Lady, I’m trying to get this over as quick as possible. Why the hell are you making us stop?

644.jpg

Garza is one of the other scientists who escaped with Dr. Li.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Fine. Give him his medicine so we can leave.

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
I don’t have sufficient medical supplies with me or else this wouldn’t be a problem. If you have any Stimpaks, I would ask that you hand them over.

645.jpg

Ok guys, time for some awesome choices <s>and consequences</s>. Here are our options:
1. Give him some Buffout, an addictive drug that’ll heal him for now. (no karma change)
2. Just leave him behind (bad karma)
3. Give him a few stimpaks (good karma)

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Option 1 sounds kind of cool. Let’s give him some of our drugs and watch turn into a druggie.

i3.jpg
Well, we don’t actually get to see him turn into a druggie. The game just leads us to believe that it eventually happens.

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
I... Normally I would never approve of this. If the situation weren't so serious...

646.jpg

Anyway, Dr. Li hesitantly treats Garza with the drugs we gave her.

647.jpg

He thanks her for turning him into a druggie.

648.jpg

As we travel through the tunnels, we eventually find this Brotherhood of Steel dude guarding the tunnels. Right next to him is the exit to outside.

649.jpg

This is where the we end up after leaving the tunnels.

The building over there in the distance is being guarded by some BoS knights:
650.jpg

The guard initially refuses to let us enter. But, after some argument and a discussion with the BoS leader, they finally open the door for us:
651.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
So, what is this place?

652.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
OK. I’m allowed to enter, right?

653.jpg

i3.jpg
You’re just a fucking guard. Nobody cares if you like us or not. Why the hell do you feel the need to tell us that ‘you don’t like us’?

654.jpg

Anyway, we enter the Citadel and witness a conversation between Dr. Li and Elder Lyons (the head dude around here)

655.jpg

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
Then do something now! They’ve taken over the purifier. They can’t be permitted to have control over it. It’s not right!

656.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
I wish the game would let us walk away and ignore these guys...

657.jpg

658.jpg

DoctorLiSmall.jpg
No, I don’t think so.

659.jpg

660.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
I know what we need? I do?

i3.jpg
Remember? We need a GECK. Daddy Neeson was talking about it.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Well, why didn’t Doctor Li just tell them what we needed herself? She obviously knows a lot more about this crap than we do. Why the hell does she need us to tell them what they need?

661.jpg

Anyway, after talking to Elder Lyons, Doctor Li thanks us for helping her and gives us some advice.
FACT: Doctor Li never actually tells us why she doesn’t trust the Brotherhood of Steel.

So... let’s talk to the head guy around here:
662.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
So, what’s with these Enclave dudes? Do you know anything about them?

663.jpg

FACT: They are the greatest threat EVAR.

664.jpg

665.jpg

If you remember earlier on in the game, we picked up some Power Armor, but weren’t able to wear it until we received ‘Power Armor Training’. This is the point in the game when we can finally acquire this training:
666.jpg

FACT: This is the 666th image of the LP.

667.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Yay!!

Now that we finally have the training, we put on one of the badass suits of Power Armor we looted from one of the Enclave dudes we killed.
668.jpg

Anyway, according to Dr. Li, some dude named Rothchild might have more info on where to find a GECK.
669.jpg

FACT: The player was expected to have a very emotional response to Daddy Neeson’s death.

670.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Apparently, the game is forcing us to look for something called a GECK. Daddy said that one of the vaults may have one of them.

671.jpg

672.jpg

i3.jpg
How the hell is it that pre-war computers still have working hard-drives after 200 years?

673.jpg

674.jpg

This is the terminal he was talking about. It stores data about all the vaults in the Washington DC area.

675.jpg

Here is the list of the vaults in the game.

676.jpg

According to the computer, Vault 87 is the only one around here that has a GECK.

677.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Yes. Vault 87 has a GECK, but the computer didn’t say where the vault was located.

678.jpg

679.jpg

He brings us to this map, and shows us the location of the vault on the map.

680.jpg

681.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:sigh: This is gonna mean doing some more tedious filler missions to get in, isn’t it?

682.jpg

683.jpg

i3.jpg
OK. Let’s head over there.

684.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
You’re not gonna help us? Isn’t this supposed to be a super critical mission? And you’re just gonna send us alone? :?

i3.jpg
Whatever. Let’s just get out of here and do this mission.

And, I leave you people with this:
685.jpg

End of Part 17.

This part was pretty boring. Next update should be much more <s>cringe inducing </s> fun and exciting.

Also, it took me a little longer to make this update because of some technical issues with my desktop.
I’d recently acquired Saint’s Row 2 and the game ran like shit on my computer. I updated my video card drivers (nvidia 8800GT) to the newest ones, to see if that helped at all (it didn’t). Anyway, F3 just randomly started to crash like every 5 minutes after that. It took me quite a while to realize that the new video drivers were the problem. Fucking nvidia.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Mighty Mouse said:
Saints Row 2? You do know that once you have started an LP you are not allowed to touch any other games until you finish it?

I can't take too much of F3 at a time without making my brain hurt. I've been trying to play this in small doses.

Recently, I've been playing Day of the Tentacle along with F3. Every time Emil's writing pissed me off too much, I just shut down F3 for a while and basked in the glory of Grossman/Schaeffer's writing.

bhlaab

Erudite
For the most part open-world games ported from the 360 expect you to have at least a 3.2ghz three-core cpu. So yeah, saints row, gta4, probably red faction when it comes out for pc...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom