Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Pliskin

Arbiter
Ya gotta wonder at the PC bullshit in this game:

You can't kill kids, no nudity, and the chief slaver is a black guy (wouldn't want to make it a white guy, people might get the wrong impression) --- even the texture files for black folks hair are named "hairafricanamerican" LOL! Wouldn't want somebody getting into the depths of the game files and get offended!

Yet, strangely, there's a couple of pedos in FO3: Billy Creel in Megaton, and now this Rory dude in Paradise Falls. Evidently it's okay to touch little kids --- so long as you don't actually kill them in the process.

Hmmm, now that I think on it, the whore who works the bar in Rivet City is mentioned as coming from Little Lamplight...

Multi-headed Cow said:
Little Lamplight would have been in Fallout 1 or 2 if they had the technology to make children immortal at the time. Why do you think they made them invisible in the european release? Fact: Because they couldn't make them unkillable.

True, but in the American version (the only one that counts), kid killing was allowed --- just severely frowned upon. If you got the child murderer tag, you were constantly spammed by bounty hunters after that.

C&C byotch!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
692.jpg

Motherfucking WHAT.

I sat through this whole chapter with a jawdrop and facepalm.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Emotional Vampire said:
And in the slaver village, can't you just slaughter them all? You'd think they would at least give you this, the simpliest C&C imaginable

Actually, yes you can. If you kill all the slavers at the town, you can save the kids.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Emotional Vampire said:
Well then why the fuck didn't you?
Just killing everyone seemed like the less interesting option.
Plus, orchestrating a breakout seemed like it might've been interesting.

Suchy

Arcane
That part of game is whole about pedo sex. How the fuck do the kids keep popping up there?

lightbane

Arcane
For God's sake, that was sick and wrong in SOOO MANY LEVELS.... Are the fans so retarded and/or insane to not see anything wrong with that village? Please do a favor for us (and yourself), and EXTERMINATE EVERY FUCKING KID!!! And post pics of course XP

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I agree with the "return to Lamplight with the mod installed" thought. Show these kids that you aren't Captain Walker, but the man who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, i don't think that killing them all at this point you make us recover from any damage.

If it's the codex will to install a mod to kill them all, ok. I know people are angry here, and frustraded, and they're not even playing the game.

the best would be to finish vault 87 and never return to this child-sprouting city. It will be easier to forget it.

But at this point, you it be fun at all? why not kill the devs of this game instead?

This dude doesn’t let us enter at first. We have 2 options, if we want to enter Paradise Falls:
1. Do a side mission where we become a slaver by kidnapping some random civilians and turn them into slaves.
2. Bribing him with 500 bottle caps.

3. killing the fag and everyone inside

You can't kill kids, no nudity, and the chief slaver is a black guy (wouldn't want to make it a white guy, people might get the wrong impression) --- even the texture files for black folks hair are named "hairafricanamerican" LOL! Wouldn't want somebody getting into the depths of the game files and get offended!

Since he obviously evil, making him white wouldn't anger anyone, I guess. And the whites are called caucasians, I think.

Yet, strangely, there's a couple of pedos in FO3: Billy Creel in Megaton, and now this Rory dude in Paradise Falls.

Nah, Jericho's the pedo one. Billie tells the kid to not talk to Jericho, and if you go inside his (Jericho's) house, there's a teddy bear there. And the kids treat anyone over 16 as an adult, so rory can be ~16 and the black girl could be 15. They wouldnt put that "got all sweet with her" there if he was an old guy (I think, didn't talk to him).

JarlFrank said:
Big town quest

I went to sleep after teaching them how to handle guns. When I woke up, they managed to survive with the help of a caravan that was passing by (judging from the dead mutants and caravan guys right outside the city).

Additionally, I think a girl says they get more kids from Big Town.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The town where the kids have to go to after reaching adulthood, Big Town, had an actually p. good quest because after you rescued the captured people they tell you that you should help them against an incoming super mutant attack. This doesn't get noted in your PIP's quest log. It's only mentioned by the people there in conversations. If you leave before the attack and come back after it, they'll be dead.

Of course, there are no consequences at all for this. Except for Threeeee Dawwwwwwg mentioning that Big Town got wiped out by a mutant attack on the radio. I only found out about this through the radio, actually, because I left and never came back because that town only had like 5 people and only 1 of them was useful (as in, a trader).

Which is one of my main complaints of that game. I could stomach all the retarded quest designs and horrible writing if only the towns were actually TOWNS that could SURVIVE in a post apocalyptic wasteland, but no, usually it's just a bunch of 5 or 6 people, and only one or two of them know how to use a gun. It's a wonder any of these "towns" still exist, considering the amount of raiders and mutants in the wasteland.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
poocolator said:
Make an exception. There no better feeling than downloading that mod and butchering little lamplight. You won't have to come back to little lamplight once you finish with the vault, anyway; so just take a little detour and humour us in this way.

Yes. Download this goddamn mod.

This shit is so retarded, my god. I actually feel nerd rage about this, even if I'm not that of a Fallout fan. This game is the very definition of inane, it's terrible

Well, at least LL is based on Mad Max (Beyond Thunderdome, but whatever), even if its a shitty part

The story radically shifts gears at this point. Some time later, Max, near death due to exposure to the hostile conditions, is saved by a group of children led by Savannah Nix (Helen Buday). The children, hardened to the desert environment, are survivors (or the children of survivors) of a nearby QANTAS Boeing 747 plane crash, and have formed a sort of tribal community in the sheltered desert oasis in which they live.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Well, at least LL is based on Mad Max (Beyond Thunderdome, but whatever), even if its a shitty part

The story radically shifts gears at this point. Some time later, Max, near death due to exposure to the hostile conditions, is saved by a group of children led by Savannah Nix (Helen Buday). The children, hardened to the desert environment, are survivors (or the children of survivors) of a nearby QANTAS Boeing 747 plane crash, and have formed a sort of tribal community in the sheltered desert oasis in which they live.

It would seem fitting that when looking to reference Mad Max, Bethesda choose what is undeniably the worst of the series (if not one of the worst PA films ever put to celluloid).
Even so the setup described there in Thunderdome makes more sense than that shite.
Definitely the worst bit in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom