Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

Aradesh

Novice
Someone else said:
Talonfire said:
[Intelligence] A lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess.

[Intelligence] So, are you saying that a lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess?
[Intelligence] How ironic.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Someone else said:
Talonfire said:
[Intelligence] A lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess.

[Intelligence] So, are you saying that a lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess?

:lol: This is the key to understanding fallout 3.

dextermorgan

Arcane
There is another "intelligent" mutant called Uncle Leo, you run into him somewhere on the river bank I think. On my playthrough I think I shot him on sight. Anyway, bump.

Pliskin

Arbiter
FawkesSmall.jpg
Myself, on the other hand, have inherited a useful trait from the experiments. I am highly resistant to radiation.

Oh, the irony!

What did one of the game designers say on this majorly inconsistant piece of game-ending breaking-iness? Something along the lines of "Yah, we know --- but we didn't really give a fuck?"

Pliskin said:
FawkesSmall.jpg
Myself, on the other hand, have inherited a useful trait from the experiments. I am highly resistant to radiation.

Oh, the irony!

What did one of the game designers say on this majorly inconsistant piece of game-ending breaking-iness? Something along the lines of "Yah, we know --- but we didn't really give a fuck?"

Companions weren't implemented until way after the main story-line was all plotted out, and being programed. They were actually just 'something cool' (their words) thought up later in the development process.

They realized this totally shattered the logic of the climax (you have multiple companions who could have easily done it), but decided to just leave everything as was.

So...yeah. "Fuck it" sums things up nicely.

^Yeah. They should've created a situation that forces you to go there without companions...something like making your current companion and some bos guys stay behind to fight someone (yes, ideally this situation shouldn't need to happen, but since they added companions later, I guess it wouldn't be very hard to have a quick cutscene separating you to avoid the ending problems). I don't use companions other than Dogmeat and maybe the Mr. Gutsy, so it wasn't so horrible for me, at least.

bhlaab

Erudite
Oh and now that you have fawkes dont worry about fighting anymore because hes pretty much invincible and has a gatling laser

Multi-headed Cow

Information on the radiated bits, you can get the GECK yourself if you have lots of meds and/or a good radiation suit. You can't get into the vault without going through Little Lamplight, though. Even with maximum radiation resistance of eating Rad-X and wearing an improved radiation suit AND using 50 bags of Radaway en-route, you'll still get killed by the radiation outside the vault. Unless you can weasel around with sneaky jumps and/or physics abuse, but I didn't dick with that. Just tried a run for the door.

Actually, the second option was even more retarded.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

Can I pretty please come in?"

"Ok."

WHAT THE FUSIFDSJFUIOSDBNFU;DSALFHAW7VP9N T7YAW89FPHPA987FA9G4AW9MFG4 V79APT98TVGWTSDIJSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssffffffffff

Rogue

Educated
I would just like to point out the obvious fact that this is the greatest thread in the universe. Unfortunately I've ruined it now :cool: But still.... It was freaking awesome and funny! :P

bhlaab

Erudite
RK47 said:

I actually like this. The last part is written terribly "You're pretty funny, why don't you come into our stronghold!" but I like that you can use an obscure perk to bypass a quest, and it was done in an interesting way.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
bhlaab said:
I actually like this. The last part is written terribly "You're pretty funny, why don't you come into our stronghold!" but I like that you can use an obscure perk to bypass a quest, and it was done in an interesting way.
I don't think they let you pass into vault 87 until you do the quest. This just lets you walk around their town and stuff.

bhlaab

Erudite
PlanHex said:
bhlaab said:
I don't think they let you pass into vault 87 until you do the quest. This just lets you walk around their town and stuff.

I'm pretty sure you can always go to murder pass. Maybe not the alternate route with the broken computer terminal.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
PlanHex said:
bhlaab said:

Nope. I bypassed that slaver quest completely with that perk and got to use the broken terminal path too. Other example of perk affecting dialogue is Robotics Expert allowing you to screw around with most robots you found in cities like Underworld's Cerberus. Telling Cerberus to go apeshit on the ghouls with Robotics Expert dialogue choice didn't really serve much purpose except losing some karma. I was also able to bypass combat at the National Museum when I talked to Button Gwinneth using the Robotics Expert option.

It's not too bad of a feature, but the dialogue is too few and even when you find it, the quality is so low.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PlanHex said:
Huh, guess I didn't look hard enough for ways through.
Finally something Beth did right.

The game is actually good in case of skill checks during dialogue. But it doesn't really matter because the writing is so horrible, and none of the skill checks make any real sense. Like the [intelligence] dialogue options being really obvious, and most persuasion skill checks being "Would you please stop doing the bad thing you've been doing for years?" - "Oh you're right I should stop, thanks for the advice."

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Where is the muhfuggen update?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom