Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Clockwork Knight said:
Well, at least LL is based on Mad Max (Beyond Thunderdome, but whatever), even if its a shitty part

The story radically shifts gears at this point. Some time later, Max, near death due to exposure to the hostile conditions, is saved by a group of children led by Savannah Nix (Helen Buday). The children, hardened to the desert environment, are survivors (or the children of survivors) of a nearby QANTAS Boeing 747 plane crash, and have formed a sort of tribal community in the sheltered desert oasis in which they live.

Yeah but if Mad Max 3 was Fallout 3 the children would insult Max a lot and then throw him out because he's an adult. They probably wouldn't even save him because hey HE'S JUST A MUNGO.

Fallout 3 has many parts that are inspired by other works of post-apoc fiction, but all of them are a lot worse than the things they were inspired by. Probably because Bethsoft wanted to give the places a COOL, EXTREME and GRITTY twist. Like the town of children KICKING OUT ADULTS and SAYING FUCK REALLY DAMN OFTEN

mathboy

Liturgist
JarlFrank said:
Fallout 3 has many parts that are inspired by other works of post-apoc fiction, but all of them are a lot worse than the things they were inspired by. Probably because Bethsoft wanted to give the places a COOL, EXTREME and GRITTY twist. Like the town of children KICKING OUT ADULTS and SAYING FUCK REALLY DAMN OFTEN
Another post apocalyptic game where they say fuck really damn often:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/in ... topic=1007

Pliskin

Arbiter
You guys are missing the point:

If people are kicked out of LL at "adulthood", where do the new young-'uns come from? Again, Bethesduh with the (implied) pedo reference.

Would certainly account for why they like to say "fuck" a lot...

DriacKin

Arbiter
Pliskin said:
You guys are missing the point:

If people are kicked out of LL at "adulthood", where do the new young-'uns come from? Again, Bethesduh with the (implied) pedo reference.

Would certainly account for why they like to say "fuck" a lot...

Maybe, they fuck a lot and have kids before they turn 16?

bhlaab

Erudite
That's easy to fudge, any kids born in big town go back to little lamplight which is more protected

It doesn't make sense but in the grand scheme of fallout 3 it's a petty crime

16 year old? That already counts as "mature" (ERSB rating M is 16+) so why is she still in Bigtown?

Bigtown = Anyone 16 and over (Because LL sends them there). The guard at least seems older than the rest.

Isn't Little Lamplight manditory?
Or is there some way to skip it?

Mandatory, since you have to get to Vault 87. Bigtown is optional.

They get kids from Bigtown (where everyone is at least 16) and (I guess) any other kid their scavenging team finds.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Kids are immortal in FO, I would actually believe the whole Bigtown at 16 story is just a hoax and the children have been living there for decades.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 19 – Invasion of the Body Snatchers

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Thank fucking god we’re out of that place. Please tell me we won’t have to visit Little Lamplight again?

i3.jpg
Yup. That was the only time we have to go there.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:) So, is there any way to destroy that place like we did to Megaton?

i3.jpg
Not that I’m aware of. I don’t think Bethesda would include a way to destroy an entire city of kids. Not without mods, anyway.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:( lame.

Anyway, we’ve just gotten access to Vault 87. There’s supposed to be a GECK hidden in here somewhere. So, let’s start our search!!
736.jpg

This is Vault 87. Notice all the skeletons. It seems that all of the original residents have been killed.

But, this place isn’t completely abandoned.
737.jpg

We find a few radroaches.

738.jpg

as well as a lot of Super Mutants.
In fact, the place seems to be infested with Super Mutants.

739.jpg

So, this dungeon is actually fairly long. We have to travel through the vault floor by floor until we reach the fifth floor.

On the fifth floor of the vault, we find the Vault’s Laboratory, where we find:
740.jpg

FACT: Moving too close to the body increases our radiation.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
What the hell is that thing?

In order to find out, we head over to the next room, where we find the chief physician’s computer.
741.jpg

He has a bunch of entries documenting the experiments that took place in this vault.

742.jpg

Here’s the last entry. I’m not gonna show you all the entries, since it’s kinda long, but here’s the short version:
A bunch of experiments were performed on some of the vault residents. They were trying to create people with super human powers. However, they all turned into Super Mutants and went crazy.

Unfortunately, the computer has no mention of the GECK, so we continue our search into the next room, where we find...
743.jpg

...a super mutant, who’s locked up inside a cell.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Is that giant orc talking?

i3.jpg
He seems to want to talk to us.

744.jpg

Meet Fawkes. He’s the only intelligent Super Mutant in Fallout 3.

745.jpg

It seems that the other Super mutants, who’ve taken over this vault, are the ones who locked Fawkes up in this cell.

746.jpg

i3.jpg
Same here. We’ve been looking for an intelligent NPC all game, and we’ve yet to find one.

747.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
GECK?!! What do you know about the GECK?

748.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Why are you helping us? Also, why should we trust you?

FawkesSmall.jpg
Because, in return, you can help me.

749.jpg

FawkesSmall.jpg
Take me with you, and I’ll retrieve the GECK for you.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Whatever. We can just find it and get it ourselves.

750.jpg

FawkesSmall.jpg
Myself, on the other hand, have inherited a useful trait from the experiments. I am highly resistant to radiation.

FawkesSmall.jpg
Let me out and I’ll retrieve the GECK for you.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
OK. How do we release you?

FawkesSmall.jpg
At the end of the hallway, there’s a maintenance room.

751.jpg

If we save Fawkes, we can get him as a companion later on in the game, so we decide to do exactly that.

752.jpg

We head over to the maintenance room and trigger the fire control console.

753.jpg

754.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
So, tell me about yourself.

FawkesSmall.jpg
I was born here, in this place. But, I can’t remember very much.

755.jpg

FawkesSmall.jpg
For most of the other subjects, this was the moment that severs the grip on their minds.

756.jpg

FACT: Fawkes always has his rape face on.

FawkesSmall.jpg
I’ve been stuck inside that cell for years.

757.jpg

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Do you remember anything of your life before the experiments?

FawkesSmall.jpg
I don’t remember enough to tell you about my former self. However, I do recall being in this place before it became the macabre laboratory that it’s become.

758.jpg

i3.jpg
Anyway, we helped you escape. Now, it’s your turn to help us. What do you know about the GECK?

FawkesSmall.jpg
Some say that it’s useless and doesn’t actually do anything. But, others feel that the device is actually beneficial.

759.jpg

i3.jpg
But, you just said that you forgot just about everything from your former life. How do you know so much about the GECK or where to find it?

760.jpg

i3.jpg
So, conveniently, you have amnesia and have forgotten everything else about your former life except where the GECK is located? :roll:

761.jpg

So, he leads the way, and we follow him. We fight a few Super Mutants along the way, but we dispose of them fairly easily.

762.jpg

763.jpg

And he’s correct. If we do step inside the room, we get irradiated and killed fairly quickly.

So, instead, we just wait outside for about a minute until he comes back with the GECK.
764.jpg

He comes back without being affected by the radiation at all.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
Yay!! Mission Accomplished!!

i3.jpg
Notice how the game clearly establishes that Fawkes can pass through irradiated hallways without any problem. This clearly shouldn’t be a problem later on in the game, right?

FawkesSmall.jpg
Well, this is where you and I part company. I’ll find my way out of this place myself, don’t worry.

765.jpg

This is the GECK that Fawkes gave us. It weighs 5 lbs.

So, we’re backtracking our way out of the vault, when we...
766.jpg

...enter a room where a glowing ball thing is thrown in our direction from some unknown location.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
WTF is that thing??

767.jpg

It seems that the glowing thingy was a flash bang grenade or something like that.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
WTF is going on? Why can’t I move?

768.jpg

After we gain consciousness, we find ourselves lying on the ground, with a bunch of Enclave dudes passing in front of us.

769.jpg

i3.jpg
Hey!! Dude took our GECK.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
:(

770.jpg

771.jpg

772.jpg

And then he leaves.

End of Part 19.

So, what’ll happen to our hero? Why did the Enclave dudes kidnap us? Are they gonna rape us or stick anal probes inside of us?
Stay tuned to find out on the next super awesome episode of my Fallout 3 LP.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
seems like cutscene paralysis struck again.

MetalCraze

Arcane
So basically all those kids were living all this time near the very entrance to an orc infested dungeon and the only thing that bothered them was raiders living far away?

And apparently you can't get GECK without freeing that shitty talking orc because you must?

And Enclave was following you very closely without you noticing them just to take the GECK a few minutes after you got it through a fucking unavoidable cutscene?

Fucking LGS, this is why you shouldn't give a job to fan-site members.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Actually you can get the kit if you take a lot of chems, but really, the whole Little Lamplight concept is a joke.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
MetalCraze said:
So basically all those kids were living all this time near the very entrance to an orc infested dungeon and the only thing that bothered them was raiders living far away?

And apparently you can't get GECK without freeing that shitty talking orc because you must?

And Enclave was following you very closely without you noticing them just to take the GECK a few minutes after you got it through a fucking unavoidable cutscene?

Innovatio... oh never mind.

Is it just my impression or you MUST use Fawkes to get the GECK? Or is it possible to get through radiation yourself?

DriacKin

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
It's because the kids are immortal. The game has already established that adults are physically unable to kill kids.
Therefore,they have nothing to worry about from the Super Mutants. Duh.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Unless, of course, someone turned a kid into a Super Mutant.

Then we'd see underage carnage and brutality of epic proportions.

Talonfire

Scholar
[Intelligence] A lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess.

Mighty Mouse

Novice
Talonfire said:
[Intelligence] A lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess.

[Intelligence] So, are you saying that a lot of people here seem to think Fallout 3 is a contrived mess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom