Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Semiurge

Cipher
ZU2D9uO.png

lZ9X7LC.png

Tow it away!

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Ok so, first foray. I will rework the icons based on the feedback I get. Just make sure you point out what needs fixing in your opinion.

I wanted to give ''informative'' button a shot first.
CYDpIif.png

The current button is 18x18 with 225 colors (therefore non-pixel art).

Note: all the logos below are too big. I know. I'm posting them to know which style you guys would like the most. I'll resize and rework it after.

A.
QaO2wQN.png

48x28
This is the one I made. It's 48x28 so it's *probably* too big (since it can't be resized because it'll mess the pixels up).

B.
ILVxmqU.gif

57x52
This is one is animated and the design is different. I added the ''i'' for informative inside the book. I wasn't sure if I should go for animation or not. Some buttons are animated while others aren't. It's probably way too big as well but I could reduce the size of this one by half I think.

C.

27x20
This one is much smaller but not animated.

So you can say which one you prefer and why and which modification you'd like to be done in order to improve it. Animation or no animation (too distracting?).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Ok so, first foray. I will rework the icons based on the feedback I get. Just make sure you point out what needs fixing in your opinion.

I wanted to give ''informative'' button a shot first.
CYDpIif.png

The current button is 18x18 with 225 colors (therefore non-pixel art).

Note: all the logos below are too big. I know. I'm posting them to know which style you guys would like the most. I'll resize and rework it after.

A.
QaO2wQN.png

48x28
This is the one I made. It's 48x28 so it's *probably* too big (since it can't be resized because it'll mess the pixels up).

B.
ILVxmqU.gif

57x52
This is one is animated and the design is different. I added the ''i'' for informative inside the book. I wasn't sure if I should go for animation or not. Some buttons are animated while others aren't. It's probably way too big as well but I could reduce the size of this one by half I think.

C.

27x20
This one is much smaller but not animated.

So you can say which one you prefer and why and which modification you'd like to be done in order to improve it. Animation or no animation (too distracting?).
Some nice art here but honestly I prefer the simplicity of the current button. These are all too busy for such a simple reaction

Peachcurl

Arcane

A may be more ambiguous, with some overlap with the "updated my txt" meme.
B is very nice (but may need simplification for the later resize anyways).
C meh.

About resizing: the height is certainly more critical than width, since everyone will start whining when some button sticks out of its row "reee, this looks awful", ya know, like that.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Too small.

What would be a good icon to represent ''informative'' then? I like the idea of a book, personally.

I've reduced the size to 20x22:
O77jQAk.png

If there's opposition towards a book being informative, what would be representative then? A light bulb?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I thought you wanted to replace the yellow smileys with Codex troll smileys.

The current "informative" button is just fine, don't know why you want to change it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Zizka you'll have trouble getting people to approve of the informative button change because it's a somewhat standardized button. It would be like trying to get people to remove the floppy from the save button.

A button I always thought was a bit strange is the 'interesting' button, maybe give that one a whack

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I quite like the version I've made, I think it's better so I am submitting it as I said I would. Since I'm not getting feedback on what to improve about it I'll move on to the next one.

I'm working on the troll face next. There are quite a few possibilities here. I'm talkinga about the 'funny' button. I started on the left and I'm progressing towards the version on the right. It's 22 pixels high.

Current progress (WIP):
vuTL3rS.png
7DqB1xI.png
DDOtIeN.png
SAFi9ku.png
VvjiZRF.png
SDnGtUm.png
more coming...

At the moment it looks more like a devil than a troll. From what I can tell, the troll mascott has horns so I tried to replicate that. They might be ears however. My plan is to make the jaw larger (sort of orc-like). Once that's done, I'll animate it.

If you'd like it to look differently let me know and I'll do my best to make the requested changes.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those troll faces are gorgeous ....... but they're too good. Like replacing classic hand puppets with slick CGI. Nobody wants the CGI. :1/5:

Simple line art drawn in 1/8 second, solid dark red, black dots for eyes. Know your source material.
:fight:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom