Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wellness check on H. P. Lovecraft's Cat?

Does H. P. Lovecraft's Cat need a wellness check?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Posting here and there on this forum is fine but going full multi-account is like MPD. Maybe sanity is slipping further (like I'm one to gauge sanity).

I think you drastically overestimate the number of actual users you've been interacting with.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When you believe you post on a forum for years, and are happy it's still alive and active, but eventually it turns out it was just a few people with dozens of alts.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When you believe you post on a forum for years, and are happy it's still alive and active, but eventually it turns out it was just a few people with dozens of alts.
Few years ago the Codex was like 80% Liberal and Prosper alts.

Now it's all SumDrunkAlt

Hell Swarm

Educated
How many accounts has 2factor locked and the owner can't remember what address they used or doesn't have access to an e-mail from 2007?

Beans00

Erudite
How many accounts has 2factor locked and the owner can't remember what address they used or doesn't have access to an e-mail from 2007?

Well Infinitron helped me get back on my account after like 13 years or something. I just messaged him and explained my email was dead and the name of the email and that I had a new email and he sorted it out in like 2-3 minutes.

Infinitron thanks for that btw :incline:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lophcraft's cat is the one that is both oppressed and glorified, right? At the docks or something?

How is Sumdrunkguy doing?
1712688341460.png
+ :despair:

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Well Infinitron helped me get back on my account after like 13 years or something. I just messaged him and explained my email was dead and the name of the email and that I had a new email and he sorted it out in like 2-3 minutes.

Infinitron thanks for that btw :incline:
Impostor!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
On the topic of HP Lovecraft's cat..

We all know the cat was named "Nigger-Man."

And they all say Lovecraft is racist.

The thing is.. You kinda love your animals...

In fact, Lovecraft loves cats.

Some actual quotes:

What a boy he was! I watched him grow from a tiny black handful to one of the most fascinating & understanding creatures I've ever seen. He used to talk in a genuine language of varied intonations—a special tone for every different meaning. There was even a special "prrr'p" for the smell of roast chestnuts, on which he dotes. He used to play ball with me—kicking a large rubber sphere back at me from half across the room with all four feet as he lay on the floor. And on summer evenings in the twilight he would prove his kinship to the elfin things of shadow by racing across the lawn on nameless errands, darting into the blackness of the shrubbery now & then, & occasionally leaping at me from ambush & then bounding away again into invisibility before I could catch him.
By the way Lovecraft makes fun of hicks/Hillbillies. Associates New England with being a fucked up degenerate race altogether. There's always the "slant eyed" "Oriental." I don't think he wrote "niggers" ever in any dialogue, but instead he often implies that "negroes" are lazy as fuck. And then the tribes still living indigenous lifestyles are almost always cults to the cosmic gods.

And I'm not sure exactly but it's quite possible he made fun of rednecks sometime. And/or "white trash." I can't really remember because this shit's insane.

I'm guessing there's bipolar depression in the mix as well, given how his posting pattern alternates between "I am the greatest thing since sliced bread" and "I am worthless and the only reason I still exist is because I suck too much to kill myself successfully". Can you mix lithium with booze?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
100% pure anglo-saxon
lmao, even without mixing with others the mix is already in the name. The history of Britannia is eternal mix of anglos, saxons and other germanics with celts and other natives, and let's not pretend Romans and French didn't fuck around either.

But from I got from his writing as far as I read he was just 'racist' against blacks, 'racist' in brackets because his racism was rather standard in the society at the time, everybody in Anglo world took for granted that people of black skin color were of inferior intelligence (again, as far as I remember Anglo countries' history). But it wouldn't surprise me if he thought of everybody who wasn't like him as inferior, he was high on autism.

Modron

Arcane
and let's not pretend Romans and French didn't fuck around either.
Romans and Normans didn't leave any lasting contributions to British DNA. Neither did the vikings outside of one british isle that was theirs. https://www.newscientist.com/articl...invaders-transformed-britain-but-not-its-dna/

Which makes spurious claims like blacks were always there laughable even if the romans brought over 50K of them (which they didn't the north african soldiers would have been Mediterranean and close to Romans and Greeks) their dna would have been erased by independent assortment plus centuries of Celtic and Anglosaxon input.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Few years ago the Codex was like 80% Liberal and Prosper alts.

Now it's all SumDrunkAlt
2018 was more than half a decade ago though. Not "a few years."

Thanks, Liberal.

Unfortunately you're wrong. As usual.

few
/fjuː/
determiner · adjective
determiner: few; adjective: few; comparative adjective: fewer; superlative adjective: fewest
  1. 1.
    a small number of.
    "may I ask a few questions?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom