Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
As for the song at the beach, it was the only one used twice in the game, so I replaced it by another one that most people would never hear as it was at the end of the radio loop. But maybe if the atmosphere there is so important, I should rather replace it at the Emire Hotel, where it isn't that critical? I will think this over...
Can you replace yourself with a better modder, instead of ruining the game?

jackofshadows

Magister
Why fucking replace it? Why touch it at all? It wasn't broken nor buggy.

It was the only reasonable place to restore the other song to. You never wanted to hear that although Troika spent hard cash to license it? Then go ahead and play the GOG version where it is like in the original game. I might indeed take a look though if it would be better at the Empire and I am pretty sure this was an oversight on Troika's part, because why would they play only one song twice and another song not at all? But as the Empire map is probably the newer one it probably has the wrong song...
Again, let me repeat what I just said. Is it a bug? Is it broken? No? Then don't touch it. You're not a game developer, you're a patch maker. When your work goes from having bugfixes into changing perfectly fine things in the game, it goes from being a patch into being a mod.
It's always been a mod. Any adequate person knows that, even MCA referred to it as such.

Wesp5

Arcane
It's always been a mod. Any adequate person knows that, even MCA referred to it as such.

Exactly. That's why it is called an Unofficial Patch in the first place! Only the original developers would know where restored content would go and how it should be used and even when Brian Mitsoda emailed me about the library quest and other things he just couldn't remember. So unless Tim Cain has notes about everything that was left unfinished in Bloodlines we are out of luck. Anyway the original song is back at the pier in plus now and I moved the restored music into the Empire hotel...

Vincente

Arbiter

It was the only reasonable place to restore the other song to. You never wanted to hear that although Troika spent hard cash to license it? Then go ahead and play the GOG version where it is like in the original game. I might indeed take a look though if it would be better at the Empire and I am pretty sure this was an oversight on Troika's part, because why would they play only one song twice and another song not at all? But as the Empire map is probably the newer one it probably has the wrong song...
Again, let me repeat what I just said. Is it a bug? Is it broken? No? Then don't touch it. You're not a game developer, you're a patch maker. When your work goes from having bugfixes into changing perfectly fine things in the game, it goes from being a patch into being a mod.
It's called Unofficial Patch, not Unofficial Mod.

Semiurge

Cipher

So the new song fits the thinblood beach party scene but not the Empire Arms bar? I find that hard to believe. At least post the new one so that people can make up their own minds. The pathos of "Smaller God" is essential to the beach scene.

There must be another place where you could've put the new one.

Wesp5

Arcane
Again, let me repeat what I just said. Is it a bug? Is it broken? No? Then don't touch it.

I didn't in the basic patch which is the default patch and the version that GOG included. But you should know that the plus patch is all about restoring content in a way that is most reasonable. Which sometime is not easy, see my other post.

Wesp5

Arcane

It's called Unofficial Patch because by the time I learned that even Unofficial Patches are not supposed to do some things according to purists like yourself it was already too late. So I internally split it into a basic and plus version.

Wesp5

Arcane
So the new song fits the thinblood beach party scene but not the Empire Arms bar? I find that hard to believe. At least post the new one so that people can make up their own minds.

No, the old one is actually much better at the pier so I have to thank Vincente to make me aware of that. You never have to visit the room in the Empire hotel at all, so the change there doesn't matter much.

There must be another place where you could've put the new one.

All the other clubs already have a dedicated sound playing which is important for the atmosphere and there are only a few other places with boom boxes.

Vincente

Arbiter
Again, let me repeat what I just said. Is it a bug? Is it broken? No? Then don't touch it.

I didn't in the basic patch which is the default patch and the version that GOG included. But you should know that the plus patch is all about restoring content in a way that is most reasonable. Which sometime is not easy, see my other post.
Why are you refusing to answer what I'm saying? Is Smaller God playing in thin-blood beach and Empire Arms hotel a bug? Why change it?

Semiurge

Cipher
You never have to visit the room in the Empire hotel at all, so the change there doesn't matter much.

If you're referring to the bar, then I'm sure most people have visited it even though there's nothing of note there. It would be the perfect place for an inferior but still fitting song.

Wesp5

Arcane
Why are you refusing to answer what I'm saying? Is Smaller God playing in thin-blood beach and Empire Arms hotel a bug? Why change it?

Are you not reading my answers? All songs ins Bloodlines are playing exactly at ONE LOCATION. This song is played twice and another one not at all. Did Troika intend it to be like that? We never know and in the plus patch I can fix that oversight.

Wesp5

Arcane
If you're referring to the bar, then I'm sure most people have visited it even though there's nothing of note there. It would be the perfect place for an inferior but still fitting song.
I am referring to the ball room where you can do nothing but dance. At first I thought it wouldn't fit because of the girl on the stage but she isn't singing anyway.

Vincente

Arbiter

Are you not reading my answers? All songs ins Bloodlines are playing exactly at ONE LOCATION. This song is played twice and another one not at all. Did Troika intend it to be like that? We never know and in the plus patch I can fix that oversight.
How do you know it's an oversight? Are you a Troika developer?

Wesp5

Arcane

No, and I don't know therefore it goes into the plus patch only.

jackofshadows

Magister

Yes, because modders are insane people.

Vincente

Arbiter

Yeah of course, that's why your "Basic Patch" is only "bugfixes", like "Removed an annoying side table in Gary's lair" and "Made Empire clerk bisexual responding to Seduction from either sex."

Wesp5

Arcane
Yeah of course, that's why your "Basic Patch" is only "bugfixes", like "Removed an annoying side table in Gary's lair" and "Made Empire clerk bisexual responding to Seduction from either sex."

The side table could get you stuck and the Empire desk clerk change is plus patch only.

Vincente

Arbiter

The side table could get you stuck and the Empire desk clerk change is plus patch only.
"Removed critical bum cutscene and illogical Pisha feeding cutscene."

"Put unfinished dogs at Giovanni Mansion....."

The list goes on. Again, I also don't know if the stuff I listed were in Basic Patch or moved to Plus """""Patch"""""" years after their inception. Whatever, I'm done ranting.

Semiurge

Cipher

If the Empire Arms receptionist is male, then I agree that making him bisexually open to seduction was the right choice. There are fewer opportunities for a male PC to use seduction than there are for the female.

Spukrian

Savant
Hey, I don't like the changes in Unofficial Patch, but I understand that a lot of people do and I recognize the hard work Wesp5 has put in. So I'd like to say: Thank you Wesp5!

SO for those of you who are like me, why don't you just do what I do, play the game without the patch?

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
All of this could have been avoided if the Unofficial Patch was split into Unofficial Patch and Unofficial Restoration Mod.

Vincente

Arbiter
the Empire Arms receptionist is male, then I agree that making him bisexually open to seduction was the right choice. There are fewer opportunities for a male PC to use seduction than there are for the female.
So what? If you play as female, the woman in Giovanni mansion calls you a dyke and turns you down rudely. The Hollywood reviewer also flat out refuses. The fact that you can't seduce every gender with Seduction is a bonus for the game, not a flaw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom