Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are your Top 10 RPGs?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
crpgaddict likes Skyrim. His opinion is worthless and the only reason to look at his blog is to see how shit his taste is.

crpgaddict is liked, I am hated (see backlinks):

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

In fact, I'm the most hated RPG commentator.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
1. Diablo 3
2. Dragon Age Inquisition
3. Fable
4. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
5. Fallout 3
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Pokemon Yellow
8. My Time At Portia
9. Bejeweled 3
0. Dragon Age 2

I am now a writer at IGN.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In no particular order:

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Planescape Torment
Jagged Alliance 2
Deus Ex
Gothic
Gothic 2
Might and Magic VI
Vampire: Bloodlines
Fallout

Runner ups:

Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Fallout 2

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2 -- Too hard
Planescape Torment -- Too hard
Jagged Alliance 2 -- Too hard
Deus Ex -- Too hard
Gothic -- Too hard
Gothic 2 -- The story is too difficult to understand
Might and Magic VI -- Too hard
Vampire: Bloodlines -- Too hard
Fallout -- Too hard

Runner ups:

Icewind Dale -- Too hard
Icewind Dale 2 -- Too hard
Fallout 2 -- Too hard

Well, I guess we learned a few things from this thread:

1. My list was the best.

2. My tastes in games are about 4,000-5,000 times better than Lilura's (which I should've suspected from that time years ago when she claimed MotB is better than PS:T), and perhaps it is I who should start a blog.

3. Zed Duke of Banville is insane because he put Dungeon Master on his list but not Ultima Underworld.

Cat Dude

Savant
According to some codexers here there is no rpg in 2010s better than or as good as any 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit rpg from 80s and 90s

Asenath

Barely Literate
Baldur's Gate 2
Pokemon red
planetescape tournament
World of Warcraft
Underrail
Fallout 2
Baldur's gate
Fallout New Vegas
Morrowind
EverQuest

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You're the attention whore. Please stop following me from thread to thread, tagging me, replying to me and trying to insult me. Stupid 2020 alt.
Insults? Where? I'm actually very polite with you, ma'am.

It's not me who barges into the threads spewing "you're all wrong, you're all cheaters, modders and bastards, your favourite games are all shit, go see my blog"

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Well, I guess we learned a few things from this thread:

1. My list was the best.

2. My tastes in games are about 4,000-5,000 times better than Lilura's (which I should've suspected from that time years ago when she claimed MotB is better than PS:T), and perhaps it is I who should start a blog.

3. Zed Duke of Banville is insane because he put Dungeon Master on his list but not Ultima Underworld.

Dungeon Master is better than Ultima Underworld though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I daresay I've played more RPGs than you. Not as many as Jarl, but more than I should have.
Ahhh no you don't,i do play a lot more RPGs than you,of that i am sure. Not sure about JarlFrank tho,the mate does love playing obscure ones,while i do it from time to time.

It's more prestigious to have mastered 7.62 High Calibre.
Yeah it is a fun game,i am playing it no.

That said my point was about RTwP,which is very different subgenre than 7.62. It seems that you got your ass handed in river of time :lol:.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
According to some codexers here there is no rpg in 2010s better than or as good as any 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit rpg from 80s and 90s

Sad but true, fortunately, there is hope with KotC 2 modules, Realms Beyond, Call of Saregnar, Colony Ship, ...
And with luck, some popular ones could turn up more than decent.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I daresay I've played more RPGs than you. Not as many as Jarl, but more than I should have.
Ahhh no you don't,i do play a lot more RPGs than you,of that i am sure. Not sure about JarlFrank tho,the mate does love playing obscure ones,while i do it from time to time.

Yes I have played a lot of RPGs including some very obscure shit. But not quite as many as CRPG Addict has... then again that guy's goal is to play every RPG ever made while I tend to skip Generic Ultima I Clone #44553522525.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom