Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Diablo169

Arcane
Need that George Ziets stretch goal to make this perfect.

BobtheTree

Savant
Grabbed a $20 at a glance before going out for the morning. Glad I missed the $95 tier. Probably would have splurged on that even though I shouldn't. Now, the best I might up mine to is the $65 boxed tier.

DeepOcean

Arcane
And it's funded in 6 hours. Congratulations to Brian & Co.

:greatjob:

Next up, InXile VtM - Bloodlines spiritual successor Kickstarter with the word "Bloodlines" trademarked.

:smug:
Man. I aprove the idea, they could just copy everything from World of Darkness before Requiem bullshit and change the names: ugly motherfucker = nosferatu, girly man = toreador, manipulative assholes = ventrue, there is no way to White wolf do something useful with World of Darkness, especially now with the semi-vapourware MMO.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Congrats to InXile!

ib3Xs7ctLShM0.gif

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
This is pretty surprising; the game sounds very appealing to me, but I had no idea Planescape was so popular. At first I thought it was pretty lame of them to use the "Torment" name like this but it looks like it paid off for them.

Well, it's a cult classic. Torment might not be the most well-known IE game but it certainly has the most passionate fans. Not to mention the fact that we're ravenous - good storyfag RPGs are as rare as AAA games with depth and complexity.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I really want a Bard's Tale IV.

I don't think he can make an actual Bards Tale IV, he doesn't own the IP. Just the trademark. And do you really want EA funding such a game? They own the IP. D:

ZIETS ZIETS ZIETS!

Ah, but the same is true for Wasteland, and they let him make that.

Dear god, imagine if EA had the foresight to see how Kickstarters would end up. Imagine a Wasteland 2 Kickstarter made by them.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ziets? Mitsoda?

Hell nah.

We're going all out.

Prosper Stretch Goal

:yeah:

I really want a Bard's Tale IV.
I don't think he can make an actual Bards Tale IV, he doesn't own the IP. Just the trademark. And do you really want EA funding such a game? They own the IP. D:

That's the same situation as inXile had with Wasteland 2 tho, and EA was open to inXile using the content from WL1 (without any monetary remuneration, I might add). I think they'd be open to the same for a Bard's Tale IV.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
It will reach few stretch goals before they'll even publish them. I'm really happy that there will be next Torment-like game. :love:

Also fucking beautiful artworks. :salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I still would love for them to do something Sci-Fi though (as in space ships an PEW PEW LAZER GUNS) say as in like Buck Rogers Gold box game.

ZIETS ZIETS ZIETS!

Stabwound

Arcane
This is pretty surprising; the game sounds very appealing to me, but I had no idea Planescape was so popular. At first I thought it was pretty lame of them to use the "Torment" name like this but it looks like it paid off for them.

Well, it's a cult classic. Torment might not be the most well-known IE game but it certainly has the most passionate fans. Not to mention the fact that we're ravenous - good storyfag RPGs are as rare as AAA games with depth and complexity.
Yeah, I know it has a rabid fanbase for sure. I'm just pleasantly shocked that there's so much enthusiasm for a game like this; it's way more than I expected at all. Maybe this kickstarter phenomenon will be a wakeup call to publishers that you don't have to cater to the lowest common denominator of drooling idiots to sell games.

:incline:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It'll be hitting 1mil before day in this godforsaken country is over. Well done. Well done indeed.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I know it has a rabid fanbase for sure. I'm just pleasantly shocked that there's so much enthusiasm for a game like this; it's way more than I expected at all. Maybe this kickstarter phenomenon will be a wakeup call to publishers that you don't have to cater to the lowest common denominator of drooling idiots to sell games.

:incline:

Or they'll just push for more story fag games written by Gaiders.

But hey, at least this has the chance to be good. Who the fuck cares what the "publishers" do, if inXile will deliver?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom