Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Started Silent Storm. No animation speed slider is very homosexual :x

LizardKing

Scholar
Just started Geneforge saga (1-5).
I haven't played Jeff Vogel's games, so I decided to give it a try.
The setting seems to be refreshing and Im having great time exploring the island.
I would call it a good start.

circ

Arcane
Tried out 30 minutes of Divinity II. And uhm... Seriously? Maybe you need to be from a former Soviet bloc country to appreciate it, not sure. Started with Eco Draconis, as last time I tried it for 10 minutes I think I screwed up and started with the add-on and was confused. Boring VO. Music straight from some low quality Amiga tracker leftover tune from the 90's. Animations from ACME. Talk to a handful of people and already see exact clones of myself. Combat so amateurish it makes a roguelike look like a AAA game. Funny and humorous dialogue? Wut? Maybe if you're fucking autistic. YAH NO THANKS LARIAN.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Got bored so i picked up Guilty Gear X2 reloaded blahblahsomethingjapsliketackingnonsensicalstuffonnames. Game is OK, but it wasn't ported to PC very well and trying to use a keyboard sucks. I will try it again after I pick up a controller.

baturinsky

Arcane
Finished Driver:San Francisco. Shift mechanics is quite interesting, but they waste it mostly on head-on crashes. And it has, rubber band AI :(

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Was playing Reckoning but got way too bored. Finally started Risen 2... too early to say what I think of it.

Wasting a little time seeing if Aliens: CM is as bad as people say it is. It totally is.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Because I'm on my laptop, I can't play too many games. Since I didn't bring my BG2 saves, I have put that on hold for a couple of weeks.

IWD with a three char party (fighter, fighter/thief, fighter/cleric/mage).
DotA 2 once or twice per evening (computer will overheat if I play too much).

I played 15 mins of Torchlight but oh my god is that game boring as hell.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I'm currently wasting time on Die by the Sword. I never played it before and picked it up on GOG yesterday. I'm using the mouse to swing my sword and it's both hilarious and freaking hard. :lol:

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Currently doing my third non-ironman playthrough of E:Conquistador after my two previous ironman playthroughs ended because of bugs.

oscar

Arcane
Hammer and Sickle is pretty tough, how were you expecting to pull it off?

Gurkog

Erudite
Starting Painkiller: Black Edition

Did a bit at normal difficulty to see how tough it is and quickly realized I need to crank it all the way up. It is pretty fun to mow down hordes of undead and demons.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hammer and Sickle is pretty tough, how were you expecting to pull it off?

It's fairly doable, after all, only one guy won't touch guns.
But it requires quite a bit of metagaming to stand exactly where the guys will spawn and all. And grenades.

I can get through the convoy job, but it's hard to get everyone out in piece, which makes the next ambush hard.

Data4

Arcane
Tickling my JRPG bone a bit with a go at Persona 3 FES. Last JRPG I played and really paid attention to was FF8, right after release.

I like the music in P3. Jazzy discoy fusiony something or other, but it's kinda cool. Not sure if I can into the graphics, though. For me, JRPGs will always be the old 8 or 16 bit superdeformed blocky games with the annoying tinny music that I spent hours and hours on years ago. Dragon Warrior 4... *sniff* Good times, good times.

Gurkog

Erudite
Tickling my JRPG bone a bit with a go at Persona 3 FES. Last JRPG I played and really paid attention to was FF8, right after release.

I like the music in P3. Jazzy discoy fusiony something or other, but it's kinda cool. Not sure if I can into the graphics, though. For me, JRPGs will always be the old 8 or 16 bit superdeformed blocky games with the annoying tinny music that I spent hours and hours on years ago. Dragon Warrior 4... *sniff* Good times, good times.

The original Dragon Warrior was my first RPG... remembering the week school was canceled due to a blizzard and I spent the entire time playing DW while wrapped in 2 blankets and hugging a space heater. Those were the days.

Data4

Arcane
Dragon Warrior 2 was actually my very first jRPG, but of the 8 bit generation, 4 was my favorite. That's the last of the series I ever played, but I've got DQ8 ready to go after I finish P3. Looking forward to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom