Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

baturinsky

Arcane
Beat Neverwinter Nights. God what a game. I kind of enjoyed it until Chapter 3 but I fought my way through the entire game. It never got better, at any point in any way. Now for the expansions, those should be better... Right? Right?
Vanilla is just a grindfest. SoU and HoTU are much better. But not as good as Dance with Rogues module.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Got to the crypts. Not sure if I want to continue. I just find those enemies excessively annoying to dispatch.

The trick is to kill the warrior ghouls with knife + mighty foot akimbo.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Battlefield 4: and its expansions

Starcraft 2

Heroes of Newerth

Broken Age

Civ 5 and expansions

CS GO

WAsteland 2 beta

Humppaleka

Cipher
Shadows of Undrentide. I can feel my interest rising like my penis already after the miserable OC.

Beat Alan Wake's American Nightmare, boring boring boring.

Occasionally playing a session of the Game of Thrones RPG. With all it's flaws I still enjoy it. Also trying to get back into XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I'll try and play all of the NWN shit I can find (borderline insane completionism), so it's next on the list!

EDIT: I don't know if I made a mistake importing my obviously overpowered character over from the main campaign, SoU seems a cakewalk... But oh well it's not like the combat is that good anyway.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
This is such a good thread, much better than such usual threads on gaming forums. It really makes me want to play the games that are talked about positively here.
Please play Realms of Arkania HD. Majestic game.

I have realms of Arkania classic in my steam library but didn't get around to playing yet. Is HD version a lot better?
Yes yes, it is so much better. A whole host of new features such as ass ugly textures and npcs, attrocious voice acting, a milion new bugs, some crashes, and features still missing from the classic version.

baturinsky

Arcane
I'll try and play all of the NWN shit I can find (borderline insane completionism), so it's next on the list!

EDIT: I don't know if I made a mistake importing my obviously overpowered character over from the main campaign, SoU seems a cakewalk... But oh well it's not like the combat is that good anyway.

Err... SoU is meant for fresh level 1 character.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gothic 3, just having fun with an overpowered mage.
Got "Learn Quickly" skill at third level with 105 Ancient Knowledge. Next stop is getting mana regeneration!

Going to choose Beliar to get lighting storm and army of the dead. I'll be death incarnate:smug:

Humppaleka

Cipher

Err... SoU is meant for fresh level 1 character.
:lol: Oh well nothing of value was lost. What about HotU then?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Been going on a bit of a Metal Gear Solid binge as of late, and decided to give The Twin Snakes another try (haven't played it since around 2007).

Overall, it's nowhere near as bad as most of the fans would like you to think it is, but the definitive version is still the Playstation 1 release.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Been going on a bit of a Metal Gear Solid binge as of late, and decided to give The Twin Snakes another try (haven't played it since around 2007).

Overall, it's nowhere near as bad as most of the fans would like you to think it is, but the definitive version is still the Playstation 1 release.

deuxhero

Arcane
When not beta testing Gekokujo 3.0 for Warband (latest build has no noticible bugs not from the original game, so it should release soon), I've been trying to force myself through Baldur's Gate 1, and it's just as utterly painful as I remember it being.

I've complained about the game a lot, but here's some "joys" I forgot about: Baldur's Gate 1 has REALLY stupid voice packs, casually breaking the fourth wall everywhere (even if you are in a tense battle to the death) which utterly fail to convey any useful information ("I am out of ammo" would be a pretty easy one) and an NPC who has 9 strength and will never use a melee weapon, keeps saying her "blade" will "cut" the enemy down to size. Word choice is also really inconsistent, some NPCs (and not just Elminister who could be excused from his immortality) use thous while others don't, and yet some editor bothered to prefix every mention of Gorion's relationship to the player with "foster", regardless of how unnatural it sounds when used so frequently or the characters thoughts on Gorion. There are quests in unmarked buildings (the other dozens are full of copy pasted interiors) you'll never find without a guide too.

I did find ONE fight that actually required thought: The assassins north of the hidden mine exit won't instantly kill a character if you walk into them, but will likely win if you don't think about it. Still doesn't require much thought (animate dead a pair of skeletons to meat shield, cast web, hinder their casting then archery, spiritual hammer ect. them to death. Meh.)

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
an NPC who has 9 strength and will never use a melee weapon, keeps saying her "blade" will "cut" the enemy down to size.
Heh. There is a actually a good reason for that, since Imoen was created late in the development cycle and her voice was salvaged from existing recordings:

According to BioWare writer Luke Kristjanson, Her character was a late addition to fill a non-psychotic-thief gap in the early levels. We had no recording budget left, so I assembled her lines by editing voice-over left from a scrapped demo. The original character was a guard named Pique. That's why she has no standalone confrontations / interactions with other party members.

Another point of criticism is how some of the portraits don't match the characters they are assigned to: Kivan and Coran don't have pointy elf ears, Faldorn's portrait looks more menacing/evil than her personality. The party from Obe's training also has some mismatched portraits, since they were presumably left-overs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Skyrim. Walking around not doing much, occasionally doing a quest or two. Still haven't beat the main quest. (Bought on launch day.)

deuxhero

Arcane
Abelian I'm still not sure why, even in a early demo, it would seem like a good idea to have a character refer to a "blade" constantly in a game where characters can use multiple weapons.

Edit: Found a second encounter that warrented a tactical approch... and won't work without save/load prep because of game mechanics. Yay?

The mass of gnolls in the cave in the bandit camp are easily taken down by luring them out and webing them into a nice big pile (as they lack ranged attacks)... or they would be, if the load barrier didn't make the group retreating impossible, forcing me to reload and send only 1 person in so they aren't caught on the load barrier..

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just discovered The Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, that post-apoc survival roguelike and it's fucking devouring me. Too addictive and a lot of possibilities. A recent game I was a chef who came across an MP5, M11911, and a Remmington Shotgun, and plenty of ammo for both. Then I drank some mutagen and started turning into a furry, right before my stomach got shredded by a turret and I died.

Damn is it brutal if you suddenly get killed though, a lot of progress lost. I've had three other players take over that chef's fortified house in the countryside because it's such a good location.

Deleted member 7219

Had to put Game of Thrones to one side. The derp... is just too much.

Playing the Cold Heart DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins. I completed the intro and felt it to be a little dull, hope the rest won't be the same.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
After having been almost scared off further Lego titles by Lego Harry Potter, I decided to give Lego Marvel Super Heroes a try.

One plus for Lego Harry Potter came up: The voice-acting. LHP has two guys doing ALL the work, since all the voicework is just basic vocal effects to convey emotion. It works remarkably well and gives the game a wonderful charm.

By comparison, LMSH has full-on voice acting. Clark Gregg voices Agent Coulson and Stan Lee is himself, everyone else seems to be "impersonators". Some of them are good, some of them are terrible. The writing is what drags everything down, though, with bad puns flying everywhere, like Hawkeye being called "LEGO-Las" and Captain America going full-on :kwafuckyeah: at times. And they HAD to stick Deadpool in there.

Unfortunately, LMSH seems to have just as many bugs as LHP. Twice now the game has suddenly stopped acknowledging by keyboard, forcing me to reboot the computer in one case.

But as a Marvel fan, I'm enjoying the game so far. Story mode looks promising, even though it seems to base some parts on the comics and some parts on the movies, which is a :retarded:decision indeed.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been derping alot in Trials Fusion, got through most of the official tracks and unlocked the final extreme events. Lots of fun and fails, nothing better than being stuck on a fucking jump for 10 minutes and when you make it you get stuck on another ninja section. Motherfuckers.
I like the pain.

10/10 Best gaem evah :D

Astral Rag

Arcane
Currently replaying the first episode of Wolf3D with ECWolf in preparation of not playing Wolfenstein: The new order.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished another fan mission for Deus Ex called Mutations.
Idea of turning game into dungeon crawler was pretty neat. On Upper&Lower Dungeon (located above Main Complex) was about key hunting. MC is about getting access to rooms that give you access to rooms. And of course - keyhunting.
I was also forced to cheat at the end (launch rocket to kick out Grey) because there was no way to enter Launch Commnad.
Thing was - computers were hackproof, you needed login+pass to get what you need i.e. access to other rooms. Just like in Deus Ex Conspiracy for PS2...

What now? Well, today is 26 April and there it come - Stalker: Lost Alpha. Wanted to download when finishing Mutations but once again moddb.com sucked down.
:rpgcodex:

One thing - Ninja Destroyer recommended some mission packs for Blood. I couldn't launch it despite readme instructions.
Easiest way - install D-fend Reloaded (which is DOSbox for dumm
ies), put the executable file on D-fend list and play.

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I finished Dark Souls at last, played it since february.

Now I'm going to buy a GOG version of NWN2 and play MotB, which I didn't try before. YAAAY:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom