Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

sathish

Novice
"Wasting Time"

All is fair
I'm trying to make you notice me but you don't care
You play me like a broken game of Snakes and Ladders
Or cards or piano or a record that's been thrown in the trash

I like you
I've liked you since I saw you walking down my street
I like your little vibe and your clothes and feet
And your hair and your eyes and your
nose and your face and your life

I know your name
And I've got your number
I don't wanna save the world
I just wanna waste some time with you
We're both so young
We might as well face it
I don't wanna change nothing
I just wanna waste some time with you

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
I started Betrayal at Krondor, it's great! I haven't felt such a strong urge to play an rpg for a very long time... Possibly since BG2 or my first (never finished) Arcanum playthrough.

Art Vandelay

Prophet
War in the East when i have time,but might try Betrayal at Krondor.I only started and quickly abandoned it back in the day.
Lightning struck me from above and gave me that idea.:cool:

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
War in the East when i have time,but might try Betrayal at Krondor.I only started and quickly abandoned it back in the day.
Lightning struck me from above and gave me that idea.:cool:

Start with reading the manual, it really helped me get excited about the game.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Torchlight.
I like the art direction and general feel but it seems too easy.
Started on normal played for a couple of levels until I got a lightning bolt spell that one shotted just about everything, and it bounces to a second target. Got too easy so I started over on Hard. Same thing happened only a little later, when I got Ember Lance. Its a beam that aims whichever way your mouse is, that kills anything in its way in a sec or two, you can just sweep it over a room and everythings gone. Not sure if I should start over yet again, with another class or something, because this Alchemist class is seriously overpowered.
I was playing the Alchemist on Normal and it was easy as you said right until the levels before the (presumably) main Boss, when it became unbearably hard. My focus on offensive spells resulted in my character being not resistant enough. So I had to start grinding in the "other" dungeons, the game became very boring and I stopped playing it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah the Alchemist is a bit of a glass cannon even with some of this defensive spells. Easiest way to cheese the game is go summoner Alchemist, find lots of armor/items that buff pets, and get those spells that summon blood skeletons, etc. You'll have like half a dozen or more pets killing everything so you just sit there and watch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So I wanted to waste time on Zombie Shooter (graciously given to me by Multi Headed Cow) but... it's two hours long. It does have survival mode but it's basically the same as the other 'shooter' series games. Granted, so is the campaign, pretty much, although at least Alien Shooter 2 was like six or so hours. Can't believe they once charged $20 for these games.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just beat Arkham City. Damn fine game. Should be GOTY. All the mechanics are so tight it's ridiculous. Roping around the city, combat, detective stuff, the story. It's all there.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Just beat Arkham City. Damn fine game. Should be GOTY. All the mechanics are so tight it's ridiculous. Roping around the city, combat, detective stuff, the story. It's all there.
Heh, just finished Arkham Asylum this moment and apart from the Scarecrow seqeunces I share the sentiment. Nice to know the sequel is good too!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finished Costume Quest and it's DLC. Great concept and art style. Could have used some voice acting but not a huge detraction. Wish it were a bit longer. Only about eight hours total -- base game was about six or so and the DLC maybe two.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DLC was bland though. The base game was fun because it played under the angle of the children fantasy, with all the kids in the game playing along during Halloween, but the DLC did away with that and treated the events as if they were actually happening. I would have been ok if it had been more of the same, with only taken addition — which is actually it is — but while I wished the base game was a bit longer, I wanted the DLC to be shorted.

SkepticsClaw

Potential Fire Hazard
I am playing Angband. Angband is awesome, but the rogue I was carefully nurturing through the dungeon got clusterfucked by a bunch of baby dragons and eaten alive. Dammit. It seems that there is a sudden spike in difficulty with that game once you get to a certain depth; before a certain point it's mostly a few isolated monsters and clusters of weak enemies with the occasional transparent worm mass or something more heinous, but once you descend past a certain point suddenly there's hundreds of orcs and snagas pouring in from every side and tearing you apart. I kept sensibly (boringly) retreating to safer ground and using Detect Monster a lot but it all came to nought. A lot of fun. Also using the Android version so I can play on my tablet and look totally cool and sexy when riding the underground.

Plus, New Vegas, which is good but like crack.

Been playing some Orcs Must Die! after I finally picked it up on sale. Really fun game for so cheap, starts off decently easy so you can get the hang of your weapons and traps, then the difficulty starts to ramp up pretty fast and the whole game soon turns into one big sea of orc bones, bloody and pasty gibs hurdling through the air, magic spells burning people to a crisp and traps mulching your enemies with some satisfying gore splatter. The music is quite nice as well, helps you get into some of the really hectic levels and get in the mood for some orc massacre. Last, the art style is really charming and makes the game a treat to look at, luring you in with it's cartoony visuals, which quickly turn all kinds of silly bloody and gory like an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon or something along those lines.

Game makes you really wanna retry the levels too so that you can get high scores/maximum skulls, so you can unlock even more traps and weapons to maim and destroy enemies. Once you get the hang of the game and unlock some more fun toys to play with, it turns into total chaos, absolutely worth the cheap little deal I paid and most likely easily worth the plain price tag as well.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Now that I'm done with Final Fantasy, I did the logical thing and started Final Fantasy 2. This is the NES version again, with the translation patch. It's fun to see the various improvements in menus, sprites and fluidity of animation. The leveling system looks good on paper but is frustrating: there are no experience and no levels, and instead you improve your various skills by using them. It sounds good on paper, just like Morrowind or Oblivion, but in practice it forces you to do some stupid stuff in other to have your characters keep up with the increasing difficulty of the game. For instance, your HP will increase if you receives many hits in combat, and even more if you are left with little health at the end, so the trick is to have your characters attack each others and ignore the monsters. The system can also be easily abused by selecting an enemy and then cancelling the attack, because the mere act of selecting an enemy will train the weapon or magic skill you intended to use.

Other than that, the game is kinda fun so far and has a better pacing than its predecessor.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Quite a bit of BF3 MP. Been trying to play some recon because I never do that. Realise once again why I never do it. Sitting in a bush sniping at passersby is lame and actually doing reconny stuff is much better suited to the assault class.

Otherwise some Witcher 2 (purrdy now that I'm replaying it on a decent rig) and the Rise of the Samurai add-on (which is much better than the vanilla campaign) for Shogun 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Derpus Ex: Human Derpalutions. Not as good as the original -- obviously dumbed downed/streamlined in terms of no lockpicking, no multitools, hacking minigame, no stats dictating their usage (or weapon proficiency). That takes away a lot of the ability to make for more interesting level design and how you approach objectives. In HR it's basically: hack past the door or find the duct work to crawl through. The only real choice amounts to stealth versus full-on combat. Despite the flaws I'm enjoying it. It's a decent 'spiritual successor' to the original. As decent as you can expect for a multiplatform AAA title today. Certainly better than the transition from System Shock to Bioshock.

ChristofferC

Magister
Rushing through the Starcraft II campaign at lightning speed. Surprisingly easy on hard difficulty considering I almost never play RTS games.

Majestic47

Learned
Terraria - multiplayer mostly
Katawa Shoujo - LPing
other than that....Capitalism maybe.

Not much spare time TBH.

Daggerfall. Buggy as hell, despite official patch, fan-made patches and sacrificing a virgin to Todd Howard. Would like to finish it just to say I've finished it and gain some Bro-approval, but the bugs might prevent that.

Majestic47

Learned
It's really okay to abandon the game. I simply ran around , trying as hard as I could to beat dungeons with cheats teleports. But it simply was an exercise in futility since you're basically hunting a scrap of paper or a wereboar in a dungeon full of vampires and other nasty stuff. I kinda miss bear in the house after 2-3 fights ending with me being destroyed by atronarchs.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Star Wars : The Old Republic
Icewind Dale MP
L4D2 Versus
Killing Floor
Anno 2070

Considering I have a month's subscription, my list for next month is likely to be just -

Star Wars : The Old Republic

:oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom