Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Majestic47

Learned
Hmm, I thought by your rabid playstyle, bolstered by your youthfulness and baby skins you should be able to power through TOR content in a month already, pounder?
That said, no Terraria? What happened? We still on for boot camp this Saturday? Fresh start btw.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Hmm, I thought by your rabid playstyle, bolstered by your youthfulness and baby skins you should be able to power through TOR content in a month already, pounder?
That said, no Terraria? What happened? We still on for boot camp this Saturday? Fresh start btw.

Ya. I'm up for some Terraria. Haven't mentioned it since It wasn't on my play list when I made that post. :p

And ToR is still, at the end of the day, an MMO and a bioware game. You need to take breaks, LONG breaks. Otherwise you go crazy.

EDIT : As for my rabid playstyle, that has nothing to do with the rate I finish games. It has everything to do with how quickly I get tired of a game. :codexisfor:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Farting through skyrim at a snails pace taking a bunch of notes so I can make a codex total conversion. Instead of improving the game for serious playthroughs it's going to end up being codex-centric and only for laughs. I'm probably wasting my time but it'll be something to tide you all over until grimoire.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finished Derpus Ex: The Missing Derp. Way overpriced at $15 but I guess worth the $3 I paid... sort of. I'd say it's maybe 3 hours or so long up to around 5 hours if you do the challenge of using no upgrades or weapons (which I did to maximize the time). Honestly they should have just had this in the main game. I know it was released after-the-fact but my hunch tells me it's one of those DLC that is nothing more than content cut out of the base game due to time constraints. Don't really recommend it as it's nothing you won't get out of the 25-30ish hours of Human Derpelution.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Age of Wonders : Shadow Magic. Encore, et encore...
Blessed be the community for still producing quality maps and mods almost ten years after the game's release.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Alpha Protocol, because why not. I like Alpha Protocol this much!

Dragon Age: Origins, because... well... I haven't gotten around to playing the Felicia Day DLC for DA2 yet and I am a curious motherfucker! I also want to use the import feature through all games (Origins -> Awakening -> Witch Hunt -> Dragon Age 2 -> Legacy -> Mark of the Assassin -> Dragon Age 3). I'm horrible in the sense that I always manage to fuck up savegames but it's especially horrible when it comes to Dragon Age. I think I have a subconscious entity living inside me that makes me want to replay Dragon Age all the time. It's fucking Paranormal Activity shit. One morning I'm gonna wake up and find out I skullfucked my monitor or something. Oh Morrigan, take it, you dirty witch.

Fable: The Lost Chapters, because I actually got in the mood for it and it's only like twenty hours (or thirty if I want to 100% it, maybe).

Final Fantasy 8, because I'm attempting to resurrect the LP. Shouldn't be much longer until I get to the place where I stopped.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
About 3/4ths of the way through Fable I just wanted it to be over.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
About 3/4ths of the way through Fable I just wanted it to be over.
Funny enough, that's basically when the original game ends. The Lost Chapters adds another (rather mediocre) 5 or so hours onto it.

I've been playing Avadon: The Black Fortress after having picked it up during the Steam sale. I'll admit: even if this is Jeff Vogel dumbed-down (and my first post here was a huge rant complaining about how the game was shit based on its demo), Avadon is still pretty fun. It's nice to be able to play a turn-based isometric RPG, and even if the character system is really simple and the combat fairly easy, stuff like lack of level scaling, a proper inventory, functional and effective crafting, etc. are all satisfying. It's competent, and sadly that's kind of more than I expect with RPGs these days. From a storyfag perspective I do have to say that the game is a lot better than I initially gave it credit for. Mostly cosmetic choice and consequence, but the writing itself is pretty good, the world is a lot more interesting than it initially shows off, the plot twist is pretty good, etc. It's very, very BioWare, but it's done far better than they have in many, many years.

A few other games I've played recently:

- LIMBO, an arthouse artfag game about art. Or something. The puzzles and platforming are actually pretty good, and if you let yourself get sucked in, the game is very moody, dramatic and tense. One of the best examples of presentation elevating a game I've seen, and thankfully the gameplay itself doesn't really suffer for it.

- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I liked the first two games despite derp, but I think the derp is becoming too powerful with Brotherhood for me. A few hours in and it feels like there isn't really any story to follow, just a random series of murders for Ezio to perform with little reason behind them, and the new gameplay features are fun, but ultimately nothing to write home about. The point where Ezio got attacked by random cultists for no reason, I think I kind of just mentally checked out and realized nothing story-wise in the game was going to matter or even try to make sense. I do think the level design has improved a bit, though, and Rome as a city is pretty cool and varied (I love the old ruins; exploring the Colosseum was a lot of fun).

- Sequence, because I reviewed it. It's a fun and original game, but severely damaged by grinding. Most Codexers will despise it for its anime-influenced art and Internet references.

- RAGE, again because I got it during the Steam sale. Honestly, aside from the nasty low-res textures (it really is bad in places), the game has excellent artwork and some very fun and satisfying shooting. It does get pretty repetitive quickly, but as far as mostly straight-up arcade shooters go, I think RAGE plays better than any other that's not native to the PC.

- Dungeons of Dredmor, because of course.

deuxhero

Arcane
Valkyria Chronicles and Dark Souls.

Finished chapter 9 of VC and Four Kings (plus the lava spewing guy I can now reach)

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Curently playing on and off Dungeons of Dredmor, Binding of Isaac, Shogun 2, Betrayal at Krondor, Saints Row 2. Have more games installed curently but this are the only ones I touched in the last few weeks.

pipka

Savant
STALKER SoC with OGSE: it's intense, emissions are back, anomalies are not evident anymore, new mutants, no gps for everything, no detectors on the start, random spawns (one random spawn of soldiers wiping out starting stalker's camp entirely). Fun.
STALKER CoP with Misery: released recently(13.01.12), retex with game rebalance, bleak atmosphere(which is awesome), everything is scarce(ammos, foods, meds). Fun.

The Movies Stunts and Effects: will ditch the campaign probably and go for unlocked sandbox. Nothing beats some silly film with racial segregation and alien abduction. And gay romance.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finished Puzzle Chronicles (basically got for free during the Steam giveaway) -- nothing amazing. Probably the worst of the Puzzle Quest type games I've played. Now starting Cave Story+ (pretty solid NES/Super NES style throwback platformer)... sort of reminds me of Goonies 2. Also starting Derpgeon Siege 3. Combat is good... but oh God... the world design...

anus_pounder

Arcane
STALKER SoC with OGSE: it's intense, emissions are back, anomalies are not evident anymore, new mutants, no gps for everything, no detectors on the start, random spawns (one random spawn of soldiers wiping out starting stalker's camp entirely). Fun.
STALKER CoP with Misery: released recently(13.01.12), retex with game rebalance, bleak atmosphere(which is awesome), everything is scarce(ammos, foods, meds). Fun.

The Movies Stunts and Effects: will ditch the campaign probably and go for unlocked sandbox. Nothing beats some silly film with racial segregation and alien abduction. And gay romance.

:yeah:

One of the few games where I can make codexers black, change their gender and let them have romances with each other. :salute:

Four Kings

These guys are pretty badass. Or maybe it's the whole screwed up perception of depth from the "Abyss" effect that makes them pretty tough for a character build that can't afford to take hits. Still, they seem a little more surmountable than the boss of the Tomb of the Giants at my character's current state. Regenerating skeletons in a boss fight are bad, but using a shitty whip (it's no vampire killer) as your divine weapon is even worse when you're used to a Furysword or a lightning Daikatana. And I still don't have enough Endurance/Stability to have a chance against the boss at the beginning of the Demon Ruins (is there something more than Flash Sweat that can help here?), so killing the Four Kings seems like the best way to make some forward progress.

The game keeps delivering though. Lots of new enemies keep showing up, and the areas stay fresh and inventive. Great stuff, though I must be nearing the end.

deuxhero

Arcane
I am a magic dood(ette) and with a phantom to keep them from getting in my face (there was an NPC one if I bothered to go backa and kill the moonlight butterfly) I took them down easily.

Now I can't save Sunbro because fall control fucking sucks shota cock and doesn't actually protect you from falls, causing me to die in the shortcut and makiing the 9th bug fail to spawn.

Rage!

Humppaleka

Cipher
I decided to go masochist mode and start up NWN2 OC since I recently played MotB and wanted to play the original campaign. I really don't know why. I don't know if I can get through the fair at the beginning...

Other than that, KotOR 2, Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods and FF1. :roll:
A pretty derpy list.

Multi-headed Cow

Just finished Space Marine. Took me a while since I had played a chunk of the MP (Got to level 29) and took some long breaks, but it was enjoyable. On hard the combat had a pretty good feel to it, trying to select your moles to pop, occasionally jumping behind cover, hitting fury, etc. Most noteworthy pain in the ass were rokkit orks which were GOD DAMN RIDICULOUS on hard. And of course since it was Warhammer 40k I enjoyed the very very ending. Even though they had chaos a bit off. BLOODLETTERS WORKING WITH A SORCERER? I JUST DUNNO BRO.

Also been playing a bunch of Bejeweled 3. A bunch being 7 hours so far. i leik to match teh gems

Also also did a few Dredmor characters with relatively poor results. Had a good axes akimbo character but got over zealous fighting some pumpkins in a monster zoo and bit the dust.

Also also also been playing a bit of Skyrim here and there. Since I finished the Companions, main story, and civil war with my fighterman I've mostly been stomping on side quests and daedric quests as I run in to them, but have been playing it way less. At some point I'll start up a sneaky mage and probably go great guns on it since I'll have assassins, thieves, and mages guilds to go through.

Also also also also did a few hours of Defense Grid to finish off the You Monster story and get golds on it. Still the best tower defense game ever made, and the You Monster missions were a kick.

Also also also also also being unreasonably tempted to pick up the Old Republic. I really know I shouldn't because it's two terrible things (Bioware game and MMO) combined but I've got a buddy playing and we could be buddybros together, romancing across the stars. Also been some years since I last played an MMO so the bad memories are faint. I'M VULNERABLE. Kinda considering starting up Mass Effect to try to scare myself off of it, but I don't know if that'd actually work. I'd probably weasel myself in to buying it anyway on the basis of "Well yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah but I'd be playing with a buddy so that means it'll surely be better than this".

Also also also also also also definitely should not get the MMO since glorious Saints Row 3 mission DLC hits tomorrow/today. Though it'll probably be short and/or not very good, since I had fun with the game I'm looking forward to it. Already got it since I grabbed one of "Game and season pass of mission DLC" deals when I got the game.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

:yeah:

One of the few games where I can make codexers black, change their gender and let them have romances with each other. :salute:
I demand a let's play. I've always wanted to star in a western movie.

spekkio

Arcane
1. Completed Unreal 1 (main campaign) recently. First time evar. What a quality fucking game! :salute:
Is 'Return to Na Pali' any good?

2. Trying to complete Ogre Battle (1st playthrough as well). What a quality & long fucking RTS. Shit is less than 2 MB big and is probably longer than all RTS games released in past 5 years, put together. Has some week features, but for first game in series, it's p. good.

3. Testing Ogre Batttle 64 and this game looks even more interesting than the original...

gBvjl.jpg

pdwaY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom