Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

I prefer this Halloween mood simulator:

resident-evil-2-remake-claire-tyrant-1.jpg
Mr. X, the ultimate nice guy reacting to Claire saying "I have a boyfriend"

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I bought a jailbroken xbox 360 a while ago, just recently figured out how to pirate the games, now fixed the thumbstick drift. It was way easier than I thought. All I had to do was clean it, I thought I'd have to disassemble it and patch it up with rubber bands and staples. Enjoyed some Lost Odyssey, Geometry Wars, and Ninja Gaiden 2, with many more games to come.

20221024_172244.jpg

TGFtXbO.gif

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You're a furry?

Anyway... I had this old chromebook (new from my tribe in 2020 but i never got it activated correctly as you need internet).

I dl'd some games from googleplay and took it home where i have no net. I tried this game: shattered pixel dungeon and i see it wants to emulate beneath my parents house via the crawlspace

lP7Y5Hs.jpg

I already killed one rat. No idea how to screenshot on the device.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, I could not get a tv to work with my colecovision. Sad shit. I also found an old 15-pin goes into video card Nascar Pro Racing wheel.
Rrh7Vkn.jpg

09F52Qq.jpg

XjOdVGp.jpg

Mine is much dustier and dirty and lacks box, manual or software. I need a manual, drivers and usb adapter. Even thrustmaster site doesn't have this listed. I found others on ebay. Old tech.

Yeah, no clue if coleco works at all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_port

The game port is a device port that was found on IBM PC compatible and other computer systems throughout the 1980s and 1990s. It was the traditional connector for joystick input, and occasionally MIDI devices, until obsoleted by USB in the late 1990s.
Pinout
General specifications
Production history
DesignerIBM
Superseded byUSB
Hot pluggableYes
ExternalYes
Pins15
ConnectorDA-15
DA-15 DSubminiatures female.svg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasted time on Carmageddon TDR 2000, and now I am wasting time on Sanitarium. Both of them, I have had a good time with.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing the game where you click on steam discovery queue and put a bunch of trash games on ignore.
:negative:
Just play older stuff. 1 of the 51 games that I beat this year is a 2022 release.

Or just write what type of game you're looking for. I'll give some suggestions, and then you can shit on them.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played a google chrine game but killing rats in the game isn't as thrilling as IRL slaying rats. (Shrugs)

Modron

Arcane
Always a good time to suggest Hammer and Sickle and Prelude to Darkness since most people even the codex never played them.

YldrE

Learned
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001)

D6aXjIC.png

The one I just beat was the 2003 PS2 version on my handheld; on PC the ideal course would be to start with either console version for the exclusive prologue in Egypt before switching to the PC version for glorious M&K.

The PS2 and Xbox versions have different titles (Operation Resurrection / Tides of War) but are essentially the same, the real difference is that on Xbox the campaign can be played cooperatively in splitscreen.

I've always been lukewarm towards it, obviously that's a different approach to WWII but to me RtCW has always been Allied Assault's cripple sibling.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Apart from being first-person shooters where you kill nazis during the 1940s, those games aren't particularly similar.

RtCW is basically a Half-Life successor - you have a huge arsenal of guns, there are more enemy types other than "nazi with a pistol, nazi with a rifle, nazi with an smg, etc", character's movement is relatively arcadey and allows you to run-and-gun, the level design has a similar flow to Half-Life and features secret places with extra supplies. Meanwhile, Allied Assault, despite being a PC game, is a progenitor of popamole console shooters.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm on an old ass laptop so I figured I'd play old ass games. I'm very impressed by Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. It feels like a proto IE game with how it controls. It's not quite there yet with regards to quality of life but it works well enough.

There's also an impressive amount of freedom and detail in the game. Sure, a lot of the maps are desert corridors but at least they mixed it up by having some maps be at night for example. You can straight up kill anyone at any time if you want

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom