Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Shattered lands clearly heavily influenced Fallout and BG but it never really gets acknowledged. Many on the codex have never played it. I loved it and enjoyed it as much as the IE/FO games, obviously the games that came later had improved on certain things but its a must play imo.

Many get frustrated on the last fight but it isn't too tough if you understand how to use choke points.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Dark Sun could have been a masterpiece if it had used Gold Box combat, and had fog of war. And maybe making it more true to the source material (magic and water being rare).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Dell Alienware X17 R2 17.3-inch - Core i9-12900HK - 64GB 4096GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti QWERTY - English (US)​

$9,187.00

$5,325.06​

Verified refurbished
Renewed electronics are like new — just better for the planet and your pocket. Our refurbishers are electronics experts who test and verify that every device is clean and 100% functional before it goes out for delivery. You get what it says on the box or your money back.
  • Color
    Lunar Light
  • Screen size (inches)
  • Storage
    4096 GB
  • SSD Storage Capacity (GB)
  • Storage Type
    SSD
  • Memory
    64 GB
  • Model
    Alienware X17 R2
  • Processor speed
    3.8 GHz
  • Processor brand
    Intel
  • Processor Core
  • Graphic Card Type
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
  • Graphic Card Memory Size (GB)
  • Graphic Card Memory Type
    GDDR6X
  • OS
    Windows 11
  • Touchscreen
    No
  • Resolution
    1920x1080
  • Bluetooth
    Yes
  • Webcam
    No
  • Microphone
    No
  • Wifi
    Yes
  • Processor
    Core i9-12900HK
  • Main color
    White
  • Series
    Alienware
  • Release Year
  • Keyboard type and language
    QWERTY - English (US)
  • Ethernet
    Yes
  • Brand
    Dell
  • Weight
    81 oz

Ryzer

Arcane
5000$ for a 17" Full HD screen laptop with a 3080ti (and not even a 4Ghz CPU, no webcam , only 4GB SSD :lol:) , who is stupid enough to buy this shit?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I raised eyebrows on that too. I thought they were joking. And mind you, this is REFURBISHED not NEW. Now some stuff here is priced ok but it is very very old product.

Ok... fucking around on this other site. (Probably shouldn't since I really don't know what the fuck i'm doing.. more is better for my wallet to be wasted on)

EVO17-S​

$4,946.29 $4,746.29
CONFIGURATION
Case : EVO17-S
Exterior Color : Black
Current Special Offer : Promo: Get $200 Off All EVO / NT Laptops
Current Special Offer : Free US Ground Shipping
Display Type : 17.3" QHD 240Hz sRGB 100% - i9 12900H - RTX3080Ti
Motherboard : EVO17-S
Memory : Corsair Vengeance 64GB Kit (2x32GB) DDR5 4800MHz SODIMM
Operating System : MS Windows 11 Pro
Operating System Drive : Corsair 4TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
RAID : No RAID
Hard Drive : Corsair 4TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
Hard Drive : 1
Audio : Integrated High-Definition Audio
Networking : Intel Dual Band Wireless-Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + BT M.2
Integrated Camera : Front FHD IR Camera
The ORIGIN Difference : The Best Gaming Experience Guaranteed - EVO17-S
24/7 U.S Based Warranty : 1 Year Part Replacement with 45 Day Free Shipping
Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC T-Shirt
Size : Medium
Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN PC Mousepad
Free ORIGIN PC Gear : ORIGIN Medium Notebook Sleeve

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Haven't actually played a game lately since being scared off by the surfeit of homosexual furry games and anime-lolicon visual novels on a random browsing of Steam recently but when I do, I hope to play Starcom Nexus or something spacey.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was going to play some nes/genesis/coleco on original hardware. I purchased all the adapters needed for tv old/new and monitor. Nothing worked. I must be a fucking idiot or this old shit is junk.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My experience with Sanitarium has reached its conclusion.

The adventure game mechanics aren't anything special, but it's a good story faggot game. NPC ramblings my seem meaningless, but actually foreshadows future chapters, and happenings. The same goes for details in the environment. Fairly well written, disturbing, and had a cool atmosphere in general.

I'm now playing Brave Battle Saga. If I am not completely mistaken, it's a Chinese game with stolen assets, that never made it to the west. Enemy variety is shit. The map shows different types of enemies, but all I am fighting are slimes and skulls.

I also hope to beat Cold Steel 2 before the end of the year.

Last edited:

curds

Magister
Playing Arkham Asylum and thinking it would be cool if it was an immersive sim.

Coincidentally starting playing it a day before the news about Batman's voice actor passing away.

It's a fun popamole timewaster. Atmosphere and secret-hunting are good.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Haven't actually played a game lately since being scared off by the surfeit of homosexual furry games and anime-lolicon visual novels on a random browsing of Steam recently but when I do, I hope to play Starcom Nexus or something spacey.
Hold off until December 14th, when the sequel/remake gets released.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Recently i finished Fear and it's two expansions. I got exactly what people told me, this game is amazing.

Original Fear is great, the only dissapointing thing is that in the later parts of the game pistol ammo is way too rare. Dual wielding guns is reserved for the first half.
Extraction point is also great, liked all the new weapon additions like the mini-gun or portable turrets. Also like that you always find pistrols in pairs.
I couldn't point out at first what felt wrong with Perseus mandate visually until i reached the part that happens chronologically right after the original game ending, they really screwed up the lightning. Not a fun of super spongy cyber-merc ninjas they introduced here but the core gameplay formula is still strong. This one is very generous with ammo for dual pistols for some reason.

Last edited:

manifest

Educated
Recently i finished Fear and it's two expansions. I got exactly what people told me, this game is amazing.
Make sure to play the bonus missions in Perseus Mandate, FEAR really shines in that format. Best part of the expansions.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished once again American Revolt data disk for Syndicate. This time to finish my LP.
Missions in California, Yukon are the most rage inducing, but Venezuela is most perfidious. Constant bombardment and waves of agents all around you. After that original feels like a cakewalk.

YldrE

Learned

I finally finished the Chronicles of Riddick after years of on and off.

The second game completely does away with all the social stealth and prison aspect, and is instead a more bogstandard FPS. The gameplay doesn't really shine here, between the atrocious FoV and inaccurate unsatisfying weapons, but the environmental atmosphere is still top notch.

The visuals were a big deal back then, especially on Xbox where it was often pitted against Doom 3. On that platform I remember Butcher Bay being released a few months earlier, with cleaner visuals (especially textures) and a smoother framerate in larger environments. The PC version of Butcher Bay bundled with Dark Athena is said to be an upgrade over the original one, which I didn't experience back then but from what I did get it's the perfect scenario to say that a game "aged gracefully". It shows its age but there's not much you can really fault it for, it's a looker.

Something that bothered me back then but now got a few good laughs out of me: Vin Diesel's one-liners are just unbelievably fucking stupid, to the point where I had to give it an online search to see if they weren't intended as satirical or self-parody. As it turns out, it's complete straightfaced tryhard badass posturing, the kind of shit you see in edgy Sonic fanfics written by 12-year-olds who would probably choose death over being reminded of it in adulthood.

It was nice to see it through the end after all these years. Recommended for stealth in a prison setting (the first) or atmospheric shooter in an industrial sci-fi setting (the second).

Almost forgot about the Chronicles of Riddick games, added to my list of stuff I should try to replay (never played Dark Athena before).

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dark Athena was extremely disappointing, the level design was just not good enough.

I'm playing Dragonfall. Got further than ever before, having installed it about 10 times on various computers since release. I'm in the hotel (mission 1 basically). It's crazy how difficult it can be to start playing a game sometimes. Games are fun, and this one is supposed to be actually good.

Decker/rifle, so far it's engaging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom