Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game is your happy place?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have a game or two that I consider my "happy place".

But no way in hell am I gonna disclose that publicly, because that will get some deranged troon going and trying to actively sabotage it.

Better be quiet and enjoy things while I can.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I would also like to add Arcanum.
There is a very relaxing quality to be found in playing an RPG set in a land undergoing an Industrial Revolution while being Victorian in aesthetic. That melancholic soundtrack also helps.
Spiritual successor to Fallout, and it shows.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game: Championship Manager. Even when it it pisses me off, I'm still happy.
Soundtrack: Arcanum and Final Fantasy VI OSTs always have a good effect on my mood.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Probably the last time I felt like an innocent kid with a game. I'll never play it again; want to keep the memory intact.

Elthosian

Arcane
For the most part, Faster Than Light. It was one of the first indie games I played, and I really enjoy the way you can do short sessions with the amazing and relaxing soundtrack playing in the background. I also play it sparsely enough that most of the random encounters feel fresh every time.

Other than that, I still haven't finished the first campaign, but playing Rain World with my wife fills us both with joy despite it being a really difficult and intentionally frustrating game. It's a really well-designed package with no flaws and seemingly endless amounts of content.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I have no happy place. Sometimes exploding corpses in Diablo II is relaxing.

Cologno

Educated
For the most part, Faster Than Light. It was one of the first indie games I played, and I really enjoy the way you can do short sessions with the amazing and relaxing soundtrack playing in the background. I also play it sparsely enough that most of the random encounters feel fresh every time.
Yeah, I played the iPad port alot back then. The unlocks felt satisfying, too. Really satisfying when everything goes right and you get all the events to get the Crystal B ship (IIRC? Maybe C?). God that was great. Or after twenty middling to crap runs you get a weapon pre-ignitor and four burst laser mk2's going. OP as hell, but not unwelcome. Not too grindy, with enough of the gambling-roll-the-odds RNG to keep it moving. Just a really cool game.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I have no happy place. Sometimes exploding corpses in Diablo II is relaxing.
Act 2 Diablo is super comfy. It's a shame it peaks so early and Act 3 can be such a slog, but act 2 has perfect music and cool enemies. We need more red skeletons.

ropetight

Savant
MegaTraveller: Zhodani Conspiracy (love the setting and character creation, I create party and start a new game at least couple of times each year),
Might & Magic 6 (first time you cast Armageddon, see dragon flying, get master level skill...),
Jagged Alliance 2 (everything, what to say).

From non-RPGs games I played with friends have that special feeling.
Fruity Frank, Target Renegade, Time Pilot, Arkanoid, Cadash (co-op with Mage and Fighter is great), Lotus Turbo Challenge, Super Frog, Ignition, HoMM3...

Spike

Educated
Diablo 2 and Spyro 1 and 2. Also Sly 1 and 2 and Jak 1 and 2 prob. Ratchet 1 and 2 as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom