Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humbaba

Arcane
Waiting for the Steam Autumn sale to buy Wrathfinder, Solasta, Atom RPG and Six Ages, maybe even Wizardry 6-8. Until then I'm stuck with Majesty, which may or may not be an RPG.

vazha

Arcane
Trying my best to persevere through Lords of Xulima, but am profoundly bored I must admit.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Playing through Wizardry 6 right now. Left the castle and heading for the mountain atm. Enjoying the game and the puzzles, but there are some things in the game design I'm glad that have changed since the game was released. The ones that annoy me are random attribute increases at level up and only a single savegame (backing it up from time to time, to keep from accidentally screwing myself)

I know I'm opening myself up to claims of heresay, but I enjoyed Wizardry 6 more than Wizardry 7. I played the hell out of Wizardry 6, but didn't get very far in Wizardry 7.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I started playing Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. Only created a party and fought a bit in the arena. This time I hope to finish the game (last time I got distracted and when I came back to it after several weeks I did not remember what I was up to; no quest journal is sometimes pain).

Last edited:

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Started and stopped playing Conglomerate 451 all in about an hour's time. Not sure what to play next. Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition, Ash of Gods: Redemption, and Dungeon Lords: Steam Edition are what I'm considering next.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Chernobylite has some RPG elements, so partial credit.
Currently doing an evil run on MotB. I can't say that I'm liking the Hellfire Warlock build that I chose.

Waiting on the English translation of FO:Sonora, Colony Ship, Space Wreck, FO:Yesterday, plus any of the F4 conversions that see daylight.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
A game I've had in the back of my mind for a while now that has lately been calling to me is Wizard's Crown. I haven't tried it just yet, but it too is ready to go for Apple II, Atari ST and Commodore 64. Does anybody have a recommendation for which version is preferable?

Atari ST? You mean Atari 800? That's the version I played, but did not complete.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
A game I've had in the back of my mind for a while now that has lately been calling to me is Wizard's Crown. I haven't tried it just yet, but it too is ready to go for Apple II, Atari ST and Commodore 64. Does anybody have a recommendation for which version is preferable?

Atari ST? You mean Atari 800? That's the version I played, but did not complete.

I played it on my Atari 130 XE. It wasn't as powerful as the ST, but I still got to play Temple of Apshai, The Bard's Tale, Ultima IV, Wizard's Crown, Gemstone Warrior, and the Phantasie trilogy on it.

Abhay

Augur
If modded plays count then Sacred Reborn. Still early in the game to comment about the changes though I don't remember much about the original but it's anazing to finally see a mod for the first title. I am going to spend alot of time to experience the mod.

Also playing Arx Fatalis in between session breaks.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I played it on my Atari 130 XE. It wasn't as powerful as the ST, but I still got to play Temple of Apshai, The Bard's Tale, Ultima IV, Wizard's Crown, Gemstone Warrior, and the Phantasie trilogy on it.

I was stuck with a ZX Spectrum, so I missed out on all those games.
But it's funny how much better many of the old American CRPGs have aged compared to most of the classic Spectrum games.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Fortunately, octavius was eventually able to play The Bard's Tale with glorious Amiga graphics and animation.
Bard-1-16-Amiga.gif

wishbonetail

Learned
Aeon of Sands. Gets my ass kicked even on beginner, great atmosphere an dungeons. Writing is like a moustache on Mona Lisa though, damn shame.

Also, trying to get into Albion but starting to suspect some shit-tier Avatar plot, we’ll see I guess.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Can add Gothic to my list. Been having a blast playing thru it again but this time with the Dark Mysteries mod. Truly one of my favorite RPGs by one of my favorite developers! Good stuff. :)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Underrail, i was playing eschalon II and the moving speed was so awful i said to myself, "fuck it! If i have to endure sluggish speed, i should play underrail instead!".

Well, the speed slider is a godsend, now, it's only missing a walking luggage drone to circumvent the encumbrances issues and to make it party-based (fully controllable).

Overall, it's good enough but not great because of the two previous problems (and the traders lacking money or not buying shit)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom