Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the best game made by sega?

Vlajdermen

Arcane
In the meantime, I got myself a modded Xbox and played Panther Panzer Dragoon Orta. Can confirm it's a great time. Still learning how to get JSRF to work, wish me luck.

The console also came with Outrun 2 and Super Monke Ball, so that's something to look forward to.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Don't forget Gun Valkyrie. Phantom dust was made by the same guy who did Orta. There's Otogi and a Spikeout, though I've not played them.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Landstalker

Crazy Taxi
Giga Wing
Cannon Fodder
Lemmings
Golden Axe
Soleil
Syndicate
Pitfall
Theme Park
Worms
Shadow of the Beast
Shinobi
Sunset Riders

Last edited:
Outrun was good enough to spawn an entire musical genre. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is peak 2D Sonic (Mania was by another team, but is also peak) and only gets better with Angel Island Revisited. Like a Dragon gets a mention here (except Dead Souls). If I were to add Atlus in as well, Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne would be on the list as well.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Pitfall was made by Activision. It received ports on many systems.
Yes, many of the games I listed weren't made or published exclusively by Sega.
But they're the best console-versions, because the SNES was shit. :p

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Read the thread.
My post is less OT than many others, faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom