Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the best game made by sega?

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Late 90s was very exciting on PC, sure. 3D acceleration became a thing. A big deal. Very cool things came from this. Definitely incline.

But on consoles? No way. Wanna compare SNES, Genesis and TG16 to PS1, N64 and Saturn? No loading times to garbage loading times. Excellently designed, programmed and animated (and beautiful looking) 16-bit 2D games vs trash tier awful looking first generation 3D games that mostly play like ass?

There's nothing peak about that console generation.

Higher Animal

Arcane
Super monkey ball is iconic, but it also has chaos tier level multiplayer. Switched my copy for a friend’s ssbm for a few weeks, it was that good.

Ash

Arcane
Late 90s was very exciting on PC, sure. 3D acceleration became a thing. A big deal. Very cool things came from this. Definitely incline.

But on consoles? No way. Wanna compare SNES, Genesis and TG16 to PS1, N64 and Saturn? No loading times to garbage loading times. Excellently designed, programmed and animated (and beautiful looking) 16-bit 2D games vs trash tier awful looking first generation 3D games that mostly play like ass?

There's everything peak about that console generation, it's not any competition to any other whatsoever. Boo hoo load times and ugly 3D. You decline-enabler.
1995-2004 was basically the golden decade. Peak PC, peak arcade, peak consoles (Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube). What hasn't declined since then? You had LAN, dedicated servers, no DLC, couch multiplayer. And games were still games, didn't play themselves, didn't insult your intelligence and generally didn't follow some agenda. DRM was also still relatively benign (fuck online activation, account-tied games, limited installs, always-online etc).
What this guy said exactly. Although you also missed out peak handheld, which substituted 2D gaming no longer being the focus quite nicely.

Ash

Arcane
By the things you say, I know you don't even know jack shit about gaming history prior to the 2000s, so shut the fuck up you dumb cunt. Your opinion has zero weight.

"doom is circle strafing for 90 minutes"

Get the fuck out of here retard. IGN boards is the place for you.

Ash

Arcane
You know nothing. Just another declined zoomer NPC raised on sellout garbage.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Idk you're the one who comes into these threads to throw shit around. I guess we should be thankful that you're not here to shill for your quite frankly abysmal DX mod

Ash

Arcane
I'd be surprised if you have even played Deus Ex to completion. You are utterly mediocre.

Too bad the administration killed shoutbox and unleashed the dregs into the rest of the forum. Place is filled with decline-enablers now.

Ash

Arcane
Shut up retard. You are lucky this new age of coddling, participation trophies and "equality" allows you to have a voice. If you were born any other time, you would be silent, filtered to the bottom rung, knowing your lowly place among men.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
1308259935205.jpg

Silverfish

Arbiter
By the things you say, I know you don't even know jack shit about gaming history prior to the 2000s, so shut the fuck up you dumb cunt. Your opinion has zero weight.

"doom is circle strafing for 90 minutes"

Get the fuck out of here retard. IGN boards is the place for you.

GrafvonMoltke didn't say that. I did. Doom is circle strafing and the worst CoD is better.

PapaPetro

Got a Voodoo Banshee gfx card in the late 90s and played Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-life/Counter-Strike, et al.
Never went back to console.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Made by SEGA, or on a SEGA system?

I'm currently around 300 games and 3 years into a 16-bit playthrough, having finished most of those games several time, and my fave SEGA games are:

• Shining Force 2
  • Phantasy Star 4
  • Streets of Rage 1 through 3 (all fantastic in their own way)
  • Golden Axe (see avatar)
  • The Revenge of Shinobi
  • Sonic 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Afterburner 2
  • Comix Zone
  • Ecco 2
  • Shadowrun (I think this was in house, might be wrong though).
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Landstalker

Others which were on the SEGA Megadrive, but were 3rd party would be:
  • Thunderforce 3
  • Star Control
  • Batman
  • Hellfire
  • Ghouls N Ghosts
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Flashback
  • Warsong (Der Langrissa)
  • Trouble Shooter 2/Battlemania 2
  • Eliminate Down
  • Gley Lancer
  • Devil Crash
  • Double Dribble
  • Langrisser 2
  • Dinos For Hire
  • Alien 3
  • Buck Rogers - Countdown to Doomsday
  • Blades of Vengeance
  • Decap Attack/Magical Hat
  • The Immortal
  • Evander Hollyfield Real Deal Boxing
  • Greatest Heavyweights
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • California Games
  • Arrow Flash
  • Empire of Steel
  • Dangerous Seed
  • Elemental Master
  • Gynoug/Wings Of Wor
  • Insector X
  • Gauntlet 4

Thunderforce 3 is probably my fave game ever, with Afterburner 2 the game which I'm still addicted to and play almost every other night even after 30 odd years.

The best gaming set up for me is PC+ SEGA Megadrive. PC for the depth & 3D games, Megadrive for the quickfire action and buzz. Perfection.
BRO YOU DONT NEED AMEGADRIVE IF YOU HAVE A PC

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Comix Zone was the most creative and original game they ever made
Really? Comix Zone? Not Nights (or Gain Ground or Crazy Taxi or Virtua On or Jet Set Radio or Burning Rangers or Outrun or Space Harrier etc. etc. Sega had very innovative dev studios)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom