Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where will you be purchasing The Outer Worlds?

Where will you be purchasing The Outer Worlds?

• Total voters

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ok, I changed the wording to look less retarded.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
It's not like I wouldn't wait a year to buy a complete, worst-bugs-ironed-out version on discount even if it were available on Steam/GoG from day one.

That being said, I got a 3-month Xbox Game Pass voucher with my new Radeon 5700, so having a look at it on release doesn't cost me anything but a potential sanity drain. I'll even pre-load, but actual release hour for my region is 02:00, so I doubt I'll play exactly on release.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why won't RDR2 be on Steam?
c56798b6c9570aa2295266416478fcc7.png

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on Steam "sometime in December", unless something changed since the initial PC release announcement and I missed it. So the delay will be 30-45 days.

Epic DID NOT pay for RDR2 exclusivity. Rockstar are giving the spotlight to their own launcher for a month or so, and they know Steam is the only competitor that counts. But Rockstar/Take 2 would have to be insane to give up the Christmas sales they'll get on Steam, without money from Epic to balance out the losses.

They lowered the cut down to around 20% ever since Epic announced their cut. Valve might lower it even more depending on how it goes.

Are you sure they did that for all games? Because they lowered their cut pretty early on the war with Epic (and since have acted like Epic doesn't exist), but only for games that hit some pretty huge sales milestones.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
I doubt 98% of potential sales are impacted by people who protest the decision to Epic exclusivity.

It might lose sales of all the casuals who vaguely heard about the game but they don't see it on Steam and then forget about it, maybe.
people who protest epic simply get the cheap gamepass and complete edition with all the dlc on steam later.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm undecided. There are 3 possible scenarios:
1: The games turns out to be bad, and impressions will dissuade me from buying the game.
2: When it goes on sale on Steam/GOG.
3: When it goes on sale on PS4.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It doesn't matter if we buy it, pirate it or ignore it.

Obsidian doesn't get shit. They are Microsoft's bitches now.

Arulan

Cipher
I'll wait for the Steam or GOG release, platforms I want to use. Fuck the Epic Games Store and their bullshit.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I WILL absolutely TEAR and SHRED my way TRIUMPHANTLY through this a series of VISCOUS ORIFICES that are not especially intended for EROTIC PURPOSES

Fuck off, this game is about brain damage ain't it? You got something about brain damage kid? You're living it right now. Your brain is decomposing. You're dying. How does that make you feel

It makes me feel great

Quillon

Arcane

Yeah but surely how well this game does will effect their place in MS resource chain :P Not that different from if they were independent; tho now there is the danger of getting too low resources if their games are flops or too high influence from above if too successful :P

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Yeah but surely how well this game does will effect their place in MS resource chain :P Not that different from if they were independent; tho now there is the danger of getting too low resources if their games are flops or too high influence from above if too successful :P
How is Obsidian's relationship with papa M$ any of our problem?

We don't even know if more or less MS control will influence quality positively or negatively.

Also, M$ wants Obsidian to succeed now that they're owned by them, now that they're a feature of their Game Pass. Past projects are just why they were bought.

Quillon

Arcane
How is Obsidian's relationship with papa M$ any of our problem?

I wouldn't call it anyone's other than Obs' and MS' problem but if you want more/better prod. quality games from Obs, then its probably better to support them, if you don't like Obs' direction, this is a pointless discussion :P

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
We don't even know if more or less MS control will influence quality positively or negatively.
Microsoft is a megacorporation beholden to shareholders, of-fucking-course the only influence it could have is negative, no matter how bad Feargus and Co. are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom