Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riel

Arcane
Before they do any AP I would like a DLC for Kingmaker adding all the new classes and kits to good ol' Kingmaker.

I think it would be a sales success and entail a reasonable amount of work to do....

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Before they do any AP I would like a DLC for Kingmaker adding all the new classes and kits to good ol' Kingmaker.

I think it would be a sales success and entail a reasonable amount of work to do....

It's called "Call of the Wilds" my good man, and is a mod available for free on the Nexus Mods site. Some of the classes are implemented better and realised more fully than Owlcat's version, like the Oracle and Arcanist.

Also, I doubt they will ever touch Kingmaker again. And if they did, I'd rather they convert the game into their new, improved graphics, iwork upon the kingdom management aspect, and maybe add an actual fucking village or two. But that would require an Enhanced Edition++.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I voted for Mummy's Mask, but it's not exactly a clear decision for me. Notably, all I know about any of these APs is from blurbs I've read online.

Mummy's Mask could bring in some great dungeon designs, traps, and adventure horror elements. This is also a fairly underserved type of setting.

Strange Aeons just because it has Lovecraftian elements and could work in interesting ways with the sorts of things Owlcats has already done in Kingmaker and WotR (i.e. cosmic mystery elements).

Ruins of Azlant seemed like it could be cool with the mystery of whatever happened to earlier civilizations across the sea, etc.

Iron Gods seems alright because it has that classic gonzo sci fi and fantasy mashup that was more common in the 80s. If they keep doing games in the style of Kingmaker and Wrath, it'll be power gamey and epic, so it might as well be gonzo as well since that's the sort of mindset I go to to get epic games to work for me in the first place.

Anyway, given what they've put out so far, I'm pretty sure to buy and like whatever they decide to go for next.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For those who hate Golarion for being a Themepark, what about Legacy of Fire? You will explore City of Brass. in the game.

But you guys who say that Golarion is a Themepark designed by Committee is 100% right. For example, Numeria is very close to the Worldwound. Why nobody decide to use this ancient alien tech against the demons? "But the Technic league rules Numeria". I know , but nobles from all over the world would see the potential of this ancient technology and wanna it from themselves. Mainly when demons are invading Golarion, they would demand that Numeria helps in the crusade. Even if with superior magery and tech, numeria manages to get isolated, spies from all over the world would be send to Numeria to try to get their tech. Technic League goes around neighbor kingdoms picking slaves and nobody cares. Those who hate arcane magic will see this tech as a tool to put arcane magic in check. People will also offer a lot of money and nobility titles for the members of Technic league to betray and give their technology to other kingdoms. Numeria has one of the few places of the world where you can forge adamantine weapons. How it is not a heavily disputed territory? In constant war over this stuff?

Having a medieval crusade against demons so close to a high tech high magical empire makes no sense.

Golarion could at least create interesting explanations to make the themepark design less awful. For eg : Create something similar to Ravenloft's mists. Chaotic mana zones which separate diverse countries and after many centuries, they become too distinct, some times the mana zones opens and allows travel, but is very rare.

Give me cute ovulating maximum soreness Crimson Throne mommy wifes harem with big breasts and fat butt!
YhrmyJF.jpg

Brennus

Novice
Hell's Vengeance sounds like one of the best, at least conceptually. An LE focused campaign fighting the goody two shoes paladins. It would need a decent writing team to give the characters depth and show various degrees of Evil, not just cartoon villains, or sob story dindus (i'm looking at you, salad).

More realistically, Starfinder might be interesting. A sci fi sequel set in the future in the same universe may have potential, but the writing needs to be decent at least.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Simple. Iron Gods is much more akin to a high fantasy version of Fallout. Numeneria is more akin to a pure SCI FI settting. Most tech in IG are in poor quality and are prone to fail.

Starfinder might be interesting.

Sadly technomancers are mere half casters in starfinder. Only due it I prefer Iron Gods. If I'm playing a high magic and high tech setting, I wanna be a technomancer and if technomancy sucks in the game, it loses much of the appeal to me.

The PF Technomancer class : https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/technomancer/

Despite being a prestige class (I would prefer as a Wizard "kit"/archetype) is way better than starfinder technomancer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom