Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Meredoth, Sep 20, 2021.

?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

This poll will close on Jul 18, 2023 at 9:39 AM.
  1. Rise of the Runelords

16.0%
  2. Curse of the Crimson Throne

6.0%
  3. Second Darkness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Legacy of Fire

1.0%
  5. Council of Thieves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Serpent's Skull

3.0%
  7. Carrion Crown

5.0%
  8. Jade Regent

3.0%
  9. Skull & Shackles

10.0%
  10. Shattered Star

1.0%
  11. Reign of Winter

9.0%
  12. Mummy's Mask

9.0%
  13. Iron Gods

20.0%
  14. Giantslayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Hell's Rebels

2.0%
  16. Strange Aeons

10.0%
  17. Ironfang Invasion

1.0%
  18. Ruins of Azlant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. War for the Crown

1.0%
  20. Tyrant's Grasp

2.0%
  21. Return of the Runelords

1.0%
  1. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Kill them all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    the most plausible choice is iron gods or starfinder since they were looking for a sci fi artist. Still i dont see what king of shitty minigame they can graft on it, they love their shitty minigame with cards , what will they do ? Skull & shackles is much better target for them i can already see the sid meier's pirate dumbed down clone , not nearly as good as the 1987 game, glued on the island adventure.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Exactly. Is like attempting to play as a Wizard in a city inside a anti magical field or as a Gunslinger in a no firearms setting...

-----

Anyway, there are so many amazing APs in Pathfinder. Why OwlCat decided to make Wrath of the Righteous? I'm not saying that it is bad, just that any other AP in that list would be better. I enjoyed WoTR despite its flaws.

If is starfinder, will be spaceship battle. But I pray for Iron Gods. Is less SCI FI than Starfinder.

^ Top  
  4. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    :didntreadlol:

Voted Carrion Crown. Pathfinder adventure paths are all retadred, c'mon bros, anyone that argues otherwise is deluded at best. The setting itself is Genericus Maximus Ratradronimus (imho)

I voted that one just because I want to see someone trying an horror adaptation of D&D. It's also not too shabby (*contains cringe*)

Show Spoiler
    disclaimer I only homebrew

^ Top  
  5. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    [​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yeah, that situation actually opens up some interesting RP for a paladin, whether they hold their nose and take part or insist on other solutions.

I said after the session, it's a shame we didn't have a paladin with us woulda made things more "fun".

None of our characters really gave a shit, as they just wanted to get the necklace and get the hell out of that segment of the dreamlands.

^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Bitch if your wizard is nothing without magic then he is nothing with it.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth

Our standards for "amazing" are different. I liked even teh story of Kingmaker...

Disagreed. A Wizard without magic is like a barbarian without a weapon and muscles...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    So all your int is just for pew-pew? Supragenius, my ass.

^ Top  
  10. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    No. A Wizard without magic can still be a smart guy who can solve N situations. However, the main feature of a wizard is casting spells. BTW, the unique canonical defeat of me(Meredoth) was in a anti magical field. At 17 min of this video is explained better ( https://youtu.be/7qYLUTQOD0o?t=1033 )

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We call them rogues.
    A wizard without magic is a guy in a dress.
    Wouldn't stop the barbarian none.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    ^ Top  
  13. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    ^ Top  
  14. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    The Pathfinder world is really stupid if you look at it as a whole but if you focus on a single location for a game then it becomes a lot better and reasonable.

Personally, I want carrion crown or mummy mask. And I'm not convinced that iron gods is confirmed just because they're hiring a sci-fi artist. It's possible but I don't think that confirms it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Carrion is the horror one? It could be ok in chapter 1-2 but then it will be just pew-pew anything that moves.

• Shit Shit x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. FriendlyMerchant Learned

FriendlyMerchant
    None of them. I think owlcat has no potential as a developer for anything but the gruntwork of game design.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I agree. Can be a starfinder game, can be a cancelled project. Can be anything. However, I believe that among the APs, considering how some OwlCat devs said that he would like a Iron Gods(but DIN'T CONFIRMED, ONLY SAID that they would like and that he can't make this decision), the hiring and fact that OwlCat prefer more "awesome" adventures and that a lot of fallout fans are working for then makes me believe that Iron Gods has more chances than any other AP. I'm not saying that it will gonna be Iron Gods. There are also a considerable chance of PF2E or Starfinder. If is up to me, I would't say that Iron Gods has more than 25% chance of being the next AP.

Crarrion's Crown I think that with the Pathfinder cartoonish graphics can't create the correct atmosphere.

I strongly agree. Golarion is a world with no consistency. You have no magic, low tech areas and high magic high tech areas like Numeria in the same world. However, one good aspect of having good locations in a awful world, is that most campaigns become more "local" instead of "save the world".

^ Top  
  18. Ontopoly Hater of Larian

Ontopoly
    The biggest thing I would want in a sequel is to rework how players and people look. The Monster designs and areas are fine but the playable races look weird.

^ Top  
  19. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    I don’t think Golarion is a particularly great setting, but it’s better than Abeir-Toril.

Nothing beats Ravenloft, Dark Sun, or Spelljammer when it comes to PNP settings.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Disagree characters made with isometric perspective in mind, long story short that requires some liberties in regards to anatomic and colors of the characters.
    How they look in inventory screen != how they look with iso perspective. Unless ofc you got problems with how the look in iso or like stylistically in general.

^ Top  
  21. Rusty Eyes aka Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    Just hire Obsidian's artists. Whatever you may think of them, both Pillars of Eternity games are absolutely gorgeous to look at.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Gangrelrumbler Arcane Patron

Gangrelrumbler
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    I think it might actually be worse. Faerun has some actually interesting regions like Moonsea or Thay. In addition it has these amateurish charm a lot of fantasy from that era has where you can clearly see that it's started as some autistic nerd powertripping. Golarion feels like Faerun but somehow even more bland and souless. Even the craaazy and wacky regions seem to be designed by a committee to be the "crazy regions". Plus using Faerun gives an advantage of being connected to DnD cosmology. Which means that elements of the more interesting settings might appear. Like in Baldur's Gate II where you could meet knights of Krynn and Darksun's halflings in the Plannar Sphere. But of course anything is preferable to these two.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    Golarion is completely unapologetic about being a theme-park and Paizo has thus far continued to double-down on that as far as I know. There's the fantasy pirate land ride over here, the fantasy Russia ride over there, the fantasy totalitarian state ride over there, etc. It's definitely not intelligent or cohesive world-building, but as a setting it's generally pretty clear that those things are not its aim. Abeir-Toril by contrast has suffered from its own success, and in the decades since its inception has been forced to jury-rig its disparate segments into something that sort of has some kind of internal consistency (it doesn't work). I think it speaks volumes about the setting that most seasoned Faerun PNPers favorite parts of the setting are the ones that are relatively unexplored. Also, I haven't really paid any attention to FR since 4E launched, but hasn't it just completely devolved into a constant state of retcons and nonsense?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    a game set in forgotten realms

no, not that one, the real forgotten realms with all the weird pervert greenwood shit

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. FriendlyMerchant Learned

FriendlyMerchant
    You mean the one with Edwin, after getting cursed by the Netherese sexchange scroll, getting railed by a orcs?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.