Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
you were dealing with the Staglord, Tartuccio and the Troll Troubles.

So you prefer lower level adventures. I believe that Skulls & Shakles is the best for you. Is probably the lowest level module. I believe that you only get high level(13+) in the last book.

Reign of winter for the massive butthurt, clearly .

Considering that OwlCat is Russian, making a adaptation of the book "rasputin must die!" from Reign of Winter can give legal troubles to OwlCat?

I'd rather they made something original this time around. Not a big fan of PF in general, but I do like their games. Still, failing that, I'd settle for the mummy setting. I don't know what it is about them, but games set in deserts are really comfy to play in.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I've read the description of all the AP's and one that didn't seem to suck dick at the first glance was Legacy of Fire since it featured City of Brass which AFAIK was never adapted to a video game. Hell's Vengeance also sounded decent but isn't on the list.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I would love if they drop that cringe anime Pazio shit and move into doing Warhammer: The Old World game using modified Pathfinder engine.

Mortmal

Arcane
you were dealing with the Staglord, Tartuccio and the Troll Troubles.

So you prefer lower level adventures. I believe that Skulls & Shakles is the best for you. Is probably the lowest level module. I believe that you only get high level(13+) in the last book.

Reign of winter for the massive butthurt, clearly .

Considering that OwlCat is Russian, making a adaptation of the book "rasputin must die!" from Reign of Winter can give legal troubles to OwlCat?
Promoting homosexuality to kids is also an offense in russia, that never prevented them to do so...I dont think the game is pegi 18.
So they would not mind as long they get paid.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd settle for the mummy setting. I don't know what it is about them, but games set in deserts are really comfy to play in.

I don't like much deserts, but we don't have much D&D/PF games set in desert.

Hell's Vengeance also sounded decent but isn't on the list.

Isn't it a sequel to another module?

Promoting homosexuality to kids is also an offense in russia, that never prevented them to do so...I dont think the game is pegi 18.

Interesting. But I believe that their next game will gonna be Iron Gods. There was a lot of references to Iron Gods in Kingmaker and in WoTR. And Numeria is in mid of River Kingdom and Worldwound. Sad for people who hate high tech stuff in fantasy(I don't mind, high tech and high magic are often very similar, I mean, disintegration gun VS disintegration spell, constructs X robots, clones X simulacrum(...)).

Starfinder I would play if comes but I don't wanna cuz it lacks the lethality of PF1E and lacks full prepared casters. Technomancers are half spontaneous casters, similar to Magus.

None

Scholar
I'm not properly equipped to really say, as the only AP I'm familiar with is Rise of the Runelords.

The being said, based on theme alone, Mummy's Mask and Skull & Shackles look like they could be interesting. What I'd really like to see is a set of tools be released so others can make their own adventures. Probably not going to happen though.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
What I'd really like to see is a set of tools be released so others can make their own adventures. Probably not going to happen though.
When thinking about the next Pathfinder game the #1 thing I want is multiplayer with a DM mode and some decent mod tools. Something like what we got in Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, but more modern and powerful. Seems like VtMR was the only game to even attempt something like this as far as I know.

Takamori

Learned
I'm with the Starfinder fella, a break from Pathfinder or at least adapt to Pathfinder 2 when those faggots at paizo finally finish it.

If I were to pick Pathfinder stuff, I would go Curse of the Crimson throne since the queen is a big whore that needs to be purged.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
What I'd really like to see is a set of tools be released so others can make their own adventures. Probably not going to happen though.
When thinking about the next Pathfinder game the #1 thing I want is multiplayer with a DM mode and some decent mod tools. Something like what we got in Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption, but more modern and powerful. Seems like VtMR was the only game to even attempt something like this as far as I know.

Nwn had this, it was trully unique

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Preferably something other than Pathfinder since its a bad setting.
I don't know anything about Starfinder but I don't doubt it's just more of the same lurid pulpy garbage.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Anyone who thinks part 3 won't have level 20 characters, barbeque characters, and other silliness; think again.

Why would they not include those? They are making some cool moolah and they don't need to impress codexers are hardcore rpgers because they already have your money. LMAO

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No matter what they make, I think it's now official policy to buy it at least 1 year after release. The way they release stuff marred with bugs is a waste of time, in my opinion.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Kingmaker was PEGI 16, but I believe all the extreme descriptions of violence and sexual dialogue in Wrath will push it to 18 for the console release similar to how D:OS 2 went up to 18 over D:OS's 16.

Delterius

Arcane
I don't even know what happens in Mummy's Mask but I want an egyptian themed fantasy RPG. Strange Aeons would be fun too.

Mind you, they are gonna do Iron Gods and I'll skip it.

My vote is for Strange Aeons, with Iron Gods as a close second. I have yet to see a major CRPG deal with anything Far Realm-y before, it would make for a great change of pace.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My vote is for Strange Aeons, with Iron Gods as a close second. I have yet to see a major CRPG deal with anything Far Realm-y before, it would make for a great change of pace.

I voted Strange Aeons too because I like the Pathfinder/Lovecraft overlap. However, we both know the Eldritch Horrors will be the NPCs, not the enemies.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom