Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why 95% of the "modern" cRPG are so lame?

just

Liturgist
coz they are not made by me

madhouse

Cleve has a titanium jaw, and besides his IQ is like 180 or so.
He's a puny faggot and a bum. It's a classic case of I dont like his face.
In origin, Socrates belonged to the lowest class: Socrates was plebs. We know, we can still see for ourselves, how ugly he was. But ugliness, in itself an objection, is among the Greeks almost a refutation. Was Socrates a Greek at all? Ugliness is often enough the expression of a development that has been crossed, thwarted by crossing. Or it appears as declining development. The anthropologists among the criminologists tell us that the typical criminal is ugly: monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo. [“monster in face, monster in soul”] But the criminal is a decadent. Was Socrates a typical criminal? At least that would not be contradicted by the famous judgment of the physiognomist which sounded so offensive to the friends of Socrates. A foreigner who knew about faces once passed through Athens and told Socrates to his face that he was a monstrum -- that he harbored in himself all the bad vices and appetites. And Socrates merely answered: "You know me, sir!"

Last edited by a moderator:

madhouse

Scientifically speaking, me being much larger than the average man and at least 20 or 30 years younger than him, I have more testosterone in my pinky than he in his entire body, 100%. I once ate so much salmon my feet grew by an entire size (it was painful at night as my joints ached relentlessly). And if there is a positive correlation between the member size and testosterone, my readings must be 300% more testosterone than this faggot.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Scientifically speaking, me being much larger than the average man and at least 20 or 30 years younger than him, I have more testosterone in my pinky than he in his entire body, 100%. I once ate so much salmon my feet grew by an entire size (it was painful at night as my joints ached relentlessly). And if there is a positive correlation between the member size and testosterone, my readings must be 300% more testosterone than this faggot.
You're 14, aren't you?

madhouse

I have similar thoughts here.
You're 14, aren't you?
To be fair, when I was 14, I was already in a higher peak as a man than you could ever be. Speaks volumes on how much genetics matter. On one hand we have me and similar people posting on RPG Codex, typically being in the right, but on the other we have literal genetic trash like yourself. I mean, think about it: imagine calling yourself butter. You're soft and a total melt. At least your name fits.
This is why I am still against home schooling
I wasn't home-schooled. I'm just calling it as it is. When I some fat, manlet Australian boomer talking about diet and soy, my reaction is that they shouldn't even open their mouth. As for you deepthroating them I don't know, I guess being gay is fine in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

welly321

Scholar
We already had this discussion.
It's partially cultural, more and more commercial shit cornering the market and the good stuff can't reach the mass audience anymore.
Also game devs tethering on this mass market garbage.

But it's also because of the players.
You grow a child on white industrial bread, fizzy drinks and candy and he'll be perfectly happy about it, he won't even want to eat anything else.

Same goes for video games, no studio with money (they're not AAA they're more like ZZZ) released a good cRPG in 20 years.
The new generations don't even know what a cRPG is, let alone a good one.

They're the perfect consumers for the mass market, they never developed their taste because they're only fed with garbage and they can't get enough of it.

So, when a studio develops something half baked but that looks good and even looks like the real deal at first glance, the fan boys jizz all over themselves.
It's like offering a glass of half filtered Ganges water to someone who only drank Ganges water his whole life.
Really its quite simple. Game producers don't like to take risks, so they copy other successful games and then we see stuff like the witcher 3, assassins creed, skyrim, etc...
It takes an indie company to produce something original and intriguing like UnderRail or Age of Decadence.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This all is empty talk. Post pic of your right hand, biceps included, with a paper saying "RPG CODEX is for fags, truly yours, Stendhal" for identification

madhouse

Why is the fact that AAA market exists even an issue if what you play is 99% of the time very niche and not mainstream video games? It's like complaining you can't listen to your [obscure genre here] because radio music exists. And it isn't like these people would be playing your patrician games had they only not been playing absolute shit this entire time. Naturally anybody with any interest in video games progresses into various niches, trying to find the best of the games available — some of which, by the way, to give credit where it is due, have been released by mainstream game studious and what you might call AAA, or at least AA. Those who only stepped in video games once very mainstream things started getting released with appeal for "normals", for a lack of a better word, wouldn't play video games anyways if you went back 25 years ago when the market clearly wasn't as geared towards the "casual player". It's like pondering why a 20-year old something isn't reading good novels and doesn't know how poetry works when all they read is Harry Potter.
This all is empty talk. Post pic of your right hand, biceps included, with a paper saying "RPG CODEX is for fags, truly yours, Stendhal" for identification
Only if you ask nicely with a "pretty please". I'm a good guy after al,l and I would appreciate at least some semblance of kindness and good manners on here.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
To be fair, when I was 14, I was already in a higher peak as a man than you could ever be. Speaks volumes on how much genetics matter. On one hand we have me and similar people posting on RPG Codex, typically being in the right, but on the other we have literal genetic trash like yourself. I mean, think about it: imagine calling yourself butter. You're soft and a total melt. At least your name fits.
I've literally never seen the internet tough guy act before. You're the first person to come up with it.

madhouse

Basically, what I am saying is that good tastes are rare, and you wondering why the "crowd", "masses", or whatever you want to call it, don't have them, just shows me that you are either uneducated, stupid or just looking for something to cry and bitch about for the 128th time, as surely it has been discussed over and over again on this forums.
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
^ waah waah normals don't want to play Dominions 5, civlization is dommed bloo blaa blaaa aaaahhhh!11
I've literally never seen the internet tough guy act before. You're the first person to come up with it.
It's a matter of fact, but seeing how offended you are by something that isn't even directed your way, I guess I have struck a nerve.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's a matter of fact, but seeing how offended you are by something that isn't even directed your way, I guess I have struck a nerve.
You got me. I'm deeply offended that a teenager is trying to look tough on the internet by making fun of my name. I don't think I can recover from this one.

madhouse

You got me. I'm deeply offended that a teenager is trying to look tough on the internet by making fun of my name. I don't think I can recover from this one.
Your tactic of "I'll call you a teenger and you'll somehow go away and refrain from making fun of me" doesn't seem very effective. Are you of short stature by any chance?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Your tactic of "I'll call you a teenger and you'll somehow go away and refrain from making fun of me" doesn't seem very effective. Are you of short stature by any chance?
The teenager is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a retard, normie, shitposter, faggot, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a teenager and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Goldschmidt

Learned
The coldhard facts? The general intelligence level of the population is in decline (at least in the West). When I was 18 our country was world champion in mathematics (and myself being the 5th best mathematician of high school students). Now we are ranked at the same level as Borat-inbred-Kazachstan. And this reflects on game development. Yet, folks, the worst is still to come.

Last edited:

Citizen

I think this Cleveland guy is seriously retarded, and I can't say I read a single post of his without feeling an urge to break his jaw.

Cleve will squish you melon head between two fingers and laugh at the funny splatters it left on the walls and ceiling of your mom's basement, cringelord

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The coldhard facts? The general intelligence level of the population is in decline (at least in the West). When I was 18 our country was world champion in mathematics (and myself being the 5th best mathematician of high school students). Now we are ranked at the same level as Borat-inbred-Kazachstan. And this reflects on game development. Yet, folks, the worst is still to come.

I would normally disagree but Ständar is testimony to what you say. Corporal punishment should be an option again to teachers, in very extreme cases like this.

madhouse

Because your definition of a "good RPG" is niche.

/thread
This is not true.

I would normally disagree but Ständar is testimony to what you say. Corporal punishment should be an option again to teachers, in very extreme cases like this.
I think you wouldn't talk so much if your overweight frame would ever be in my presence. But in essense I agree. Not in all cases, but some humans are like beasts, and need to be driven with rods and branches. I think the vast majority of posters here in this thread, with their incessant need to complain and cry about a topic so over-discussed, should definitely be given something better to do with their worthless time, like working in the salt mines and building infrastructure.
And don't disrespect Stendhal the author. He really is one of the best writers, and that says a lot consider French have some of the best literature, to stand out like that.
I think this Cleveland guy is seriously retarded, and I can't say I read a single post of his without feeling an urge to break his jaw.

GLUGH GLUGH SLURRP MHMMMMMM GHULGHUGLUH
You OK?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom