Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Why Morrowind is a bad RPG

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There's a permanent calm mod on the Nexus too - obviously gamebreaking but good for roleplaying.
From a pure gameplay mechanics perspective, this mod isn't required iirc. You should be able to calm enemies (even normally peaceful ones that you've aggroed) and then Intimidate them until their Fight value falls under 70. The Silver Tongue MWSE plugin would be useful, since it allows you to view these otherwise hidden variables when speaking to NPCs, with an MCM menu that allows you to configure when many of the features are unlocked.
Never bothered with Intimidate.
What does it actually do?
Raises Flee and lowers Fight?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There was an old mod called Living Cities of Vvardenfell which added schedules to NPCs, but I guess this involved heavy scripting for every NPC. Not only is it a ton of work, it's going to be incompatible with a lot of mods. Unless some wizard comes up with a way of externalizing NPC behavior with lua, I don't see such thing becoming a reality.

Lua schedules been done already, its like a 1kb mod

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Thieves Guild quests are very disappointing, yes. I haven't tried any mods that change it. I also tried a somewhat fragile talky agent character and found out it was unworkable to just rely on stealth and diplomacy. I'm not a savescummer, I like to play without dying and lose interest in a character if it gets pushed around.
Bonk is your best bet, though you'd have to be a talky agent who also punches people in the back of the head (though I think it lets you use spells too, which might be more appropriate from a roleplaying perspective).

There's a permanent calm mod on the Nexus too - obviously gamebreaking but good for roleplaying.

I wonder if it's possible to make a mod that lets you solve "kill this guy" quests as a Speechcraft-focused character by adding in a new dialogue option that somehow raises the NPC's death flag when clicked, that you need max disposition to select. So you could deal with enemies by casting Calm, talking to them and bringing them up to 100 disposition, and then clicking SPECIAL NEW OPTION that causes the quest stage to advance as if you'd killed them.
Having high Speechcraft is awesome.
Nothing like trash talking and insulting someone to the point they attack you.
This counts as self-defense and won't trigger the guards to attack you.

Best Speechcraft mod is Silver Tongue imo

Funposter

Arcane
From a pure gameplay mechanics perspective, this mod isn't required iirc. You should be able to calm enemies (even normally peaceful ones that you've aggroed) and then Intimidate them until their Fight value falls under 70. The Silver Tongue MWSE plugin would be useful, since it allows you to view these otherwise hidden variables when speaking to NPCs, with an MCM menu that allows you to configure when many of the features are unlocked.
Never bothered with Intimidate.
What does it actually do?
Raises Flee and lowers Fight?
Yeah, that's right. A few successful intimidate checks should get most hostile NPCs to no longer attack you.

There was an old mod called Living Cities of Vvardenfell which added schedules to NPCs, but I guess this involved heavy scripting for every NPC. Not only is it a ton of work, it's going to be incompatible with a lot of mods. Unless some wizard comes up with a way of externalizing NPC behavior with lua, I don't see such thing becoming a reality.

You mean this? https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45525

From the description:

"This is a fairly simple mod that basically disables NPCs at various times of the day (mostly night).

Ambiance only. Don't confuse this with the "Living Cities of Vardenfall" mod. It is nowhere near as extensive in scope as that mod is. Difference is that LCoV was never completed (about half the towns were done and several of the Vivec cantons) while this mod encompasses all towns and a all Vivec cantons (plazas and waistworks only)."

Not quite what I was talking about, but it seems like a good effort nonetheless.

That said, Stealth Enhanced is an indispensable mod

I prefer Stealth Improved by mort + Pickpocketing

Yes, I meant Stealth Improved.

None

Scholar

From the description:

"This is a fairly simple mod that basically disables NPCs at various times of the day (mostly night).

Ambiance only. Don't confuse this with the "Living Cities of Vardenfall" mod. It is nowhere near as extensive in scope as that mod is. Difference is that LCoV was never completed (about half the towns were done and several of the Vivec cantons) while this mod encompasses all towns and a all Vivec cantons (plazas and waistworks only)."

Not quite what I was talking about, but it seems like a good effort nonetheless.
I think he meant this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48584?tab=description
It disables any NPCs in an outdoors cell during night or bad weather and locks some doors. Like all other mods, it is just the illusion of a schedule.

You wont find them in at the temple in the morning, the bar at night, randomly shopping on the weekends, etc.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik

From the description:

I think he meant this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48584?tab=description
It disables any NPCs in an outdoors cell during night or bad weather and locks some doors. Like all other mods, it is just the illusion of a schedule.

You wont find them in at the temple in the morning, the bar at night, randomly shopping on the weekends, etc.

Sounds like people should just give up on this pipe dream of turning MW into something it's not. Sounds like 15 years of modding still hasn't produced anything like cities that feel alive.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Sounds like people should just give up on this pipe dream of turning MW into something it's not. Sounds like 15 years of modding still hasn't produced anything like cities that feel alive.

After modding for a long time IMO its better to focus on wilderness and leave the cities alone.

For cities just use BCOM. Its perhaps the most vannila friendly makeover, it's ridiculously polished and one of the most tastefully made mods (trust me).

Instead use Animated NPCs (added by BCOM) and stuff like Travelling Merchants, Patrols, Ashlander Traders and Walkers of Morrowind to make the world feel more alive

You can do a bunch of stuff to make the world feel more alive, as you say, that is not stricly a pop mod. Sloadic Transports come to mind and Yet Another Guard Diversity and Travelling Guar Merchants.

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
use openmw mod to play this game but the text is too small. Any good mod to resize the text at 2560 resolution?

Zlaja

Arcane
Daggerfall too, I guess, archery is pretty good, but you need decent skill to make it work

Archery works quite well in Daggerfall. Some of my most fond memories of playing the game is kiting enemies down dungeon corridors. Also, shooting enemies through doors and walls is totally a chad move and not cheap at all. :smug:

Ghost Goat

Literate
I'm coming back to this game after > 20 years with the help of OpenMW. The Path of the Incarnate modlist is pretty solid and rebalances/mitigates some of the short-comings and exploits around stats/skills that I remember.

gatorized

Literate
Voice acting is really extraneous to the games~

Sure, if it's to the level of Bloodlines or FNV, then it's great. But how often do you meet a game of that level?

What voice acting do is to add a group of players going around asking mods if they have VA in their mods. It's not as if they play if the mods have (or have not). They just ask that stupid question~

As for Morrowind, I remember nothing about its quality of VA. Which mean it's not bad enough to be grating, and not good enough to be treasure~
Why do you end your sentences with tildes?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Here are the mods I used in my last play in October of 2022. It's geared mostly towards making Morrowind feel more alive, aesthetically pleasing, and adding fast travel options. Otherwise, relatively vanilla and lore-friendly.

1.2 gb download

List of included mods

For the 'Light The Way' mod to work:

Enter game and open the console by pressing the ~ key.
Type: startscript lighttheway
Then press enter. Save game. Exit. Remove mod from launcher.
Load up the save game. There will be some error messages, but the mod
will work.

I had to use Windoors Glow (a Russian mod w/ an English fix) because Windows Glow was not working.
Many of the mods are pluginless mesh replacers. Mods are lore friendly, geared towards fixes,
aesthetics, and fast travel options.

A windmill for Pelegiad .....................(aesthetic - adds a local windmill)
abot WaterLife ..............................(Adds fish and sea life)
abot Where Are All Birds Going ..............(Adds birds and insects)
Adamantium Ore Fix ..........................(Adds more of the ore into the world)
Alchemy Book ................................(Details alchemical effects - find in Balmora)
Ald Ruhn Game of Three Cups .................(Novelty game)
Ald Velothi Travel ..........................(Adds travel option to Ald Velothi)
All Boat Ports ..............................(Makes all boat ports travelable)
All Silt Strider Ports ......................(Makes all Strider ports travelable)
Andromedas Fast Travel Real Sign Posts ......(Allows fast travel via signposts)
Animated Morrowind - merged .................(aesthetic - adds unique animated characters)
Antares Creatures............................(adds lore-friendly custom special creatures)
Barabus' Fireplaces 2 - vanilla chimneys ....(aesthetic - adds fireplaces to some interiors)
Better Dialogue Font
Better Gnisis Arch (adds concept art feature to arch)
Blight Storms Restored ......................(Restores Blight efffects)
Bloated Morrowind Magnified .................(Adds more Bloatspore)
Book of Disease .............................(Details Diseases - find in Balmora)
Brevur of Balmora ...........................(aesthetic - statue in Balmora)
Cave Drips ..................................(aesthetic - adds drips to caves)
Clean More Gondoliers .......................(adds more gondoliers to cantons in Vivec)
Clean Immersive Seyda Neen Lite .............(aesthetic - adds some detail to Seyda Neen)
Concept Art Balmora - Vanilla Trees .........(subtle changes based on concept art)
Creature VFX restoration ....................(restores original VFX that removed in updates, mysteriously)
Creeper&MudcrabX10 ..........................(gives the two best merchants 10x the gold)
Cult of Sheogorath ..........................(adds joinable cult near a daedric site)
Creature VFX restoration ....................(restores VFX to creatures that went missing in updates)
Daedric Travel Network ......................(Adds portals to 6 cardinal positioned Daedric shrines along the shores of Vvardenfel)
Dartboards ..................................(aesthetic - found in Inns)
Dramatic Temple Canton ......................(adds waterfall decoration to Vivec temple district)
Diseases Restored ...........................(Restores Diseases)
Dubdilla Location Fix .......................(Puts the cave in the right place)
Eastside Travel .............................(Adds Guar travel between camps)
Elders 0 Count NPC add-on ...................(Restores elderly characters to game)
Expansion Delay .............................(Delays Dark Brotherhood attacks)
Expansion Integration .......................(Integrates expansion content more naturally into base game content)
Facelift ....................................(Mesh fixes for vanilla head models)
Flies .......................................(Adds flies)
Ghostgate Travel ............................(Adds a Guar travel option)
Glowing Bitter Coast ........................(Adds glow maps to phosphorescent plants & fungi)
Gnisis Minaret
Guar Taxi Service ...........................(Adds Gaur travel options to several places)
Guild of Vampire Hunters - Luce edit
HD Vanilla Textures .........................(ai upscale textures)
Healers Edit ................................(Adds Healers to temples)
Hircine's Quest
Idle Talk ...................................(Adds more idle talk voiced via clever editing)
Immersive Spitting ..........................(NPCs w/ a low disposition to player will spit)
Imperial Cart Travel ........................(Adds Guar travel options to several places)
Improved Inns Expanded ......................(Adds rentable beds to places missing it)
Improved Lights For All Shaders
Inscribed Maar Gan Rock .....................(aesthetic - adds high rez inscription to the rock in Maar Gan)
K_weather ...................................(Adds interior weather sound effects during storms)
Key Replacer ................................(aesthetic - adds unique key models to the keys in the game)
Know Thy Ancestors ..........................(aesthetic - adds signs to ancestral tombs specific to that tomb)
Landscape Waterfalls BM .....................(aesthetic - adds waterfalls to Bloodmoon)
Landscape Waterfalls MW .....................(aesthetic - adds waterfalls to Vardhenfell)
lighthouse ..................................(aesthetic - adds lighthouse south of Ebonheart)
Light The Way ...............................(adds torches & lanterns to port NPCs - requires console input above)
Living Statues of Malacath
Lower First Person Sneak ....................(lowers character model during sneaking)
Mandas Manor ................................(adds a corprus overrun manor as mentioned in dialogue)
Mills of Morrowind ..........................(aesthetic - adds wood mills to MW & BM)
Mistify .....................................(aesthetic - adds fog during weather and night situations in places)
Moonlight on the Odai River - Luce edit
Morrowind Optimization ......................(optimized meshes)
Musical Instruments .........................(aesthetic - look in Mournhold Bazaar)
Nasty Camonna Tong ..........................(Camonna Tong are nastier, and racist - includes voiced lines)
Nocturnal Moths .............................(aesthetic - add moths around lanterns at night)
Odai Boat Service ...........................(Adds boat travel up and down Odai river)
Open Helmets (makes eyes visible beneath masks and goggles)
Pack Guar Travel ............................(Adds Guar travel options to several places)
Parasol Particles
Patch for Purists ...........................(Fixes that are game-lore appropriate)
Pete's Scroll
Properly Cluttered Ald Velothi ..............(aesthetic - adds clutter to Ald Velothi)
Rain Splash
Raven Rock All Stores .......................(Adds option to finance both stores for 2000 septims)
Redanyia Restored ...........................(Adds a fishing village mentioned in-game, but otherwise missing)
Redoran Patrols - Gnisis
Riders (adds Guar riders)
Sadrith Mora Backstreet Pod (buyable mushroom house)
Services Restored ...........................(Restores two characters and some master level tools)
Seyda Neen Better Docks .....................(aesthetic - spruces up the dock area)
Silt Strider Animation restored .............(aesthetic - adds animation and sound)
Sload and Slavers ...........................(Adds Sload characters)
Sloadic Transport ...........................(Adds Sloadic transport)
Strider Ports (adds light decoration)
Tavern Ambience .............................(Adds tavern chatter - * alternative to Town Sounds *)
Telvanni Lighthouse - Tel Branora
Telvanni Lighthouse - Tel Vos + Patch
Telvanni Slave Spire (Lighthouse)
The Battlespire .............................(Adds minor quest w/ a movable sky structure)
The Traveling Nords .........................(Adds Solstheim boat options)
Throat Singing Temple Healers
Town Sounds .................................(Adds ambient sounds to towns, taverns, and other populated areas)
Tunnel Cough ................................(Adds persistent cough in miners)
Unboarable Rieklings ........................(Allows boar-riding rieklings to be unmounted in combat)
Unique Creatures
VEHK Palace .................................(aesthetic - adds concept art effects to Vivec palace)
Vivec Palace Illuminated Redux
Vivec Cantons Reconnected ...................(Allows faster travel through cantons)
Vivec Signports .............................(aesthetic - adds signss to help navigate the cantons in Vivec)
Vivec Foreign Quarter Bridge ................(aesthetic - adds a bridge to the Foreign Quarter)
Vodunius Nuccius Gives You His House
Walled Skaal ................................(aesthetic - adds a wall around Skaal)
Windoors Glow ...............................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to windows, doors, arrow slit windows, shack grate, & yurt drapes)
Windows Glow Bloodmoon ......................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Windows Glow Raven Rock .....................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Windows Glow Tribunal ......................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Xbox Menu Sound .............................(changes menu sound to the Xbox version)
Xbox Splash Screens .........................(Splash screen from the Xbox release - has game hints)
Yet Another Guard Diversity .................(aesthetic - adds diversity to guards)

======================
Removed due to issues:
======================
abot Windows Glow ...........................(aesthetic - expansion of Windows Glow)
Children of Morrowind RandomPal fork ........(removes playgrounds, teddy bears, toys, cats & dogs, and some children)
Dwemer Blinking Lights ......................(Changes the lighting in Dwemer ruins from glowing to blinking)
Finding the Erabenimsun
*More Inns AM (animated morrowind) Patch .....(compatibility for Animated Morrowind *conflicts even w/ patch)
*More Inns Barabus' Fireplaces 2 compatible ..(Add more rentable beds throughout the game *conflicts w/ AM))
Populated Vvardenfell v1.3 (newer versions require OAAB)
Ranger Tent v2 ..............................(Portable tent w/ storage - look for it in Balmora)
The Regulars conflicts w/ Animated Morrowind & has some bugs
Windows Glow ...............................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
You N'wah ...................................(Camonna Tong will bash you in your sleep if you have offended them)
Windows Glow Merged (Morrowind & Tribunal)

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Here are the mods I used in my last play in October of 2022. It's geared mostly towards making Morrowind feel more alive, aesthetically pleasing, and adding fast travel options. Otherwise, relatively vanilla and lore-friendly.

1.2 gb download

List of included mods

For the 'Light The Way' mod to work:

Enter game and open the console by pressing the ~ key.
Type: startscript lighttheway
Then press enter. Save game. Exit. Remove mod from launcher.
Load up the save game. There will be some error messages, but the mod
will work.

I had to use Windoors Glow (a Russian mod w/ an English fix) because Windows Glow was not working.
Many of the mods are pluginless mesh replacers. Mods are lore friendly, geared towards fixes,
aesthetics, and fast travel options.

A windmill for Pelegiad .....................(aesthetic - adds a local windmill)
abot WaterLife ..............................(Adds fish and sea life)
abot Where Are All Birds Going ..............(Adds birds and insects)
Adamantium Ore Fix ..........................(Adds more of the ore into the world)
Alchemy Book ................................(Details alchemical effects - find in Balmora)
Ald Ruhn Game of Three Cups .................(Novelty game)
Ald Velothi Travel ..........................(Adds travel option to Ald Velothi)
All Boat Ports ..............................(Makes all boat ports travelable)
All Silt Strider Ports ......................(Makes all Strider ports travelable)
Andromedas Fast Travel Real Sign Posts ......(Allows fast travel via signposts)
Animated Morrowind - merged .................(aesthetic - adds unique animated characters)
Antares Creatures............................(adds lore-friendly custom special creatures)
Barabus' Fireplaces 2 - vanilla chimneys ....(aesthetic - adds fireplaces to some interiors)
Better Dialogue Font
Better Gnisis Arch (adds concept art feature to arch)
Blight Storms Restored ......................(Restores Blight efffects)
Bloated Morrowind Magnified .................(Adds more Bloatspore)
Book of Disease .............................(Details Diseases - find in Balmora)
Brevur of Balmora ...........................(aesthetic - statue in Balmora)
Cave Drips ..................................(aesthetic - adds drips to caves)
Clean More Gondoliers .......................(adds more gondoliers to cantons in Vivec)
Clean Immersive Seyda Neen Lite .............(aesthetic - adds some detail to Seyda Neen)
Concept Art Balmora - Vanilla Trees .........(subtle changes based on concept art)
Creature VFX restoration ....................(restores original VFX that removed in updates, mysteriously)
Creeper&MudcrabX10 ..........................(gives the two best merchants 10x the gold)
Cult of Sheogorath ..........................(adds joinable cult near a daedric site)
Creature VFX restoration ....................(restores VFX to creatures that went missing in updates)
Daedric Travel Network ......................(Adds portals to 6 cardinal positioned Daedric shrines along the shores of Vvardenfel)
Dartboards ..................................(aesthetic - found in Inns)
Dramatic Temple Canton ......................(adds waterfall decoration to Vivec temple district)
Diseases Restored ...........................(Restores Diseases)
Dubdilla Location Fix .......................(Puts the cave in the right place)
Eastside Travel .............................(Adds Guar travel between camps)
Elders 0 Count NPC add-on ...................(Restores elderly characters to game)
Expansion Delay .............................(Delays Dark Brotherhood attacks)
Expansion Integration .......................(Integrates expansion content more naturally into base game content)
Facelift ....................................(Mesh fixes for vanilla head models)
Flies .......................................(Adds flies)
Ghostgate Travel ............................(Adds a Guar travel option)
Glowing Bitter Coast ........................(Adds glow maps to phosphorescent plants & fungi)
Gnisis Minaret
Guar Taxi Service ...........................(Adds Gaur travel options to several places)
Guild of Vampire Hunters - Luce edit
HD Vanilla Textures .........................(ai upscale textures)
Healers Edit ................................(Adds Healers to temples)
Hircine's Quest
Idle Talk ...................................(Adds more idle talk voiced via clever editing)
Immersive Spitting ..........................(NPCs w/ a low disposition to player will spit)
Imperial Cart Travel ........................(Adds Guar travel options to several places)
Improved Inns Expanded ......................(Adds rentable beds to places missing it)
Improved Lights For All Shaders
Inscribed Maar Gan Rock .....................(aesthetic - adds high rez inscription to the rock in Maar Gan)
K_weather ...................................(Adds interior weather sound effects during storms)
Key Replacer ................................(aesthetic - adds unique key models to the keys in the game)
Know Thy Ancestors ..........................(aesthetic - adds signs to ancestral tombs specific to that tomb)
Landscape Waterfalls BM .....................(aesthetic - adds waterfalls to Bloodmoon)
Landscape Waterfalls MW .....................(aesthetic - adds waterfalls to Vardhenfell)
lighthouse ..................................(aesthetic - adds lighthouse south of Ebonheart)
Light The Way ...............................(adds torches & lanterns to port NPCs - requires console input above)
Living Statues of Malacath
Lower First Person Sneak ....................(lowers character model during sneaking)
Mandas Manor ................................(adds a corprus overrun manor as mentioned in dialogue)
Mills of Morrowind ..........................(aesthetic - adds wood mills to MW & BM)
Mistify .....................................(aesthetic - adds fog during weather and night situations in places)
Moonlight on the Odai River - Luce edit
Morrowind Optimization ......................(optimized meshes)
Musical Instruments .........................(aesthetic - look in Mournhold Bazaar)
Nasty Camonna Tong ..........................(Camonna Tong are nastier, and racist - includes voiced lines)
Nocturnal Moths .............................(aesthetic - add moths around lanterns at night)
Odai Boat Service ...........................(Adds boat travel up and down Odai river)
Open Helmets (makes eyes visible beneath masks and goggles)
Pack Guar Travel ............................(Adds Guar travel options to several places)
Parasol Particles
Patch for Purists ...........................(Fixes that are game-lore appropriate)
Pete's Scroll
Properly Cluttered Ald Velothi ..............(aesthetic - adds clutter to Ald Velothi)
Rain Splash
Raven Rock All Stores .......................(Adds option to finance both stores for 2000 septims)
Redanyia Restored ...........................(Adds a fishing village mentioned in-game, but otherwise missing)
Redoran Patrols - Gnisis
Riders (adds Guar riders)
Sadrith Mora Backstreet Pod (buyable mushroom house)
Services Restored ...........................(Restores two characters and some master level tools)
Seyda Neen Better Docks .....................(aesthetic - spruces up the dock area)
Silt Strider Animation restored .............(aesthetic - adds animation and sound)
Sload and Slavers ...........................(Adds Sload characters)
Sloadic Transport ...........................(Adds Sloadic transport)
Strider Ports (adds light decoration)
Tavern Ambience .............................(Adds tavern chatter - * alternative to Town Sounds *)
Telvanni Lighthouse - Tel Branora
Telvanni Lighthouse - Tel Vos + Patch
Telvanni Slave Spire (Lighthouse)
The Battlespire .............................(Adds minor quest w/ a movable sky structure)
The Traveling Nords .........................(Adds Solstheim boat options)
Throat Singing Temple Healers
Town Sounds .................................(Adds ambient sounds to towns, taverns, and other populated areas)
Tunnel Cough ................................(Adds persistent cough in miners)
Unboarable Rieklings ........................(Allows boar-riding rieklings to be unmounted in combat)
Unique Creatures
VEHK Palace .................................(aesthetic - adds concept art effects to Vivec palace)
Vivec Palace Illuminated Redux
Vivec Cantons Reconnected ...................(Allows faster travel through cantons)
Vivec Signports .............................(aesthetic - adds signss to help navigate the cantons in Vivec)
Vivec Foreign Quarter Bridge ................(aesthetic - adds a bridge to the Foreign Quarter)
Vodunius Nuccius Gives You His House
Walled Skaal ................................(aesthetic - adds a wall around Skaal)
Windoors Glow ...............................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to windows, doors, arrow slit windows, shack grate, & yurt drapes)
Windows Glow Bloodmoon ......................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Windows Glow Raven Rock .....................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Windows Glow Tribunal ......................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
Xbox Menu Sound .............................(changes menu sound to the Xbox version)
Xbox Splash Screens .........................(Splash screen from the Xbox release - has game hints)
Yet Another Guard Diversity .................(aesthetic - adds diversity to guards)

======================
Removed due to issues:
======================
abot Windows Glow ...........................(aesthetic - expansion of Windows Glow)
Children of Morrowind RandomPal fork ........(removes playgrounds, teddy bears, toys, cats & dogs, and some children)
Dwemer Blinking Lights ......................(Changes the lighting in Dwemer ruins from glowing to blinking)
Finding the Erabenimsun
*More Inns AM (animated morrowind) Patch .....(compatibility for Animated Morrowind *conflicts even w/ patch)
*More Inns Barabus' Fireplaces 2 compatible ..(Add more rentable beds throughout the game *conflicts w/ AM))
Populated Vvardenfell v1.3 (newer versions require OAAB)
Ranger Tent v2 ..............................(Portable tent w/ storage - look for it in Balmora)
The Regulars conflicts w/ Animated Morrowind & has some bugs
Windows Glow ...............................(aesthetic - adds glow effect to Windows at night)
You N'wah ...................................(Camonna Tong will bash you in your sleep if you have offended them)
Windows Glow Merged (Morrowind & Tribunal)
That's a lot of mods.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
As much as I enjoyed writing modding guides for others to use, I have to come to terms Morrowind is the one RPG that may be a true "play once and be done with it", because every time I try to play it I either give up fairly early, or end up dropping the game because of boredom altogether.
Morrowind unfortunately commits one of the cardinal sins of a video games in general, it starts off slow and boring.

Infact when I first played it I actually hated Morrowind. I thought the movement speed was wack and the combat was atrocious. But oh my god if you give it a chance and start playing it through you begin to see the masterpiece. It's also important to mention it has the best main story of all the TES games.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Everyone wants Speed 100.
And a spell or enchantment that boosts Speed.
Getting it to 100 is one of my main priorities.
That and Endurance 100 (for more HP per level) and Strength 100 (to carry more stuff).

Butter

Arcane
Patron
As much as I enjoyed writing modding guides for others to use, I have to come to terms Morrowind is the one RPG that may be a true "play once and be done with it", because every time I try to play it I either give up fairly early, or end up dropping the game because of boredom altogether.
Morrowind unfortunately commits one of the cardinal sins of a video games in general, it starts off slow and boring.

Infact when I first played it I actually hated Morrowind. I thought the movement speed was wack and the combat was atrocious. But oh my god if you give it a chance and start playing it through you begin to see the masterpiece. It's also important to mention it has the best main story of all the TES games.
Morrowind is actually better on subsequent playthroughs because you know how to get your character up and running faster.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Morrowind is actually better on subsequent playthroughs because you know how to get your character up and running faster.
Agreed and also how to game the leveling system.

Fargus

Arcane
Morrowind unfortunately commits one of the cardinal sins of a video games in general, it starts off slow and boring. Infact when I first played it I actually hated Morrowind. I thought the movement speed was wack and the combat was atrocious. But oh my god if you give it a chance and start playing it through you begin to see the masterpiece. It's also important to mention it has the best main story of all the TES games.

It's a common story for beginner Morrowind players. When i first stated playing it in 2002 i walked into some random cave after being chased by a cliffracer i couldn't defeat using trash Hrisskar's dagger and died to a bunch of 6th house fanatics. I put this game away for some time but later i restarted it with much better character and bought actual class appropriate weapon.

I consider slow start as a unknown lowlife part of the fun. And the more you postpone your eventual transformation into a demigod that steamrolls through everything the better.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Early game where you
Morrowind unfortunately commits one of the cardinal sins of a video games in general, it starts off slow and boring. Infact when I first played it I actually hated Morrowind. I thought the movement speed was wack and the combat was atrocious. But oh my god if you give it a chance and start playing it through you begin to see the masterpiece. It's also important to mention it has the best main story of all the TES games.

It's a common story for beginner Morrowind players. When i first stated playing it in 2002 i walked into some random cave after being chased by a cliffracer i couldn't defeat using trash Hrisskar's dagger and died to a bunch of 6th house fanatics. I put this game away for some time but later i restarted it with much better character and bought actual class appropriate weapon.

I consider slow start as a unknown lowlife part of the fun. And the more you postpone your eventual transformation into a demigod that steamrolls through everything the better.
Yep.
From killing rats and cliff racers to fighting Dagoth Ur, Almalexia and Werewolves on Solstheim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom