Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Planescape Torment is not a great game (In Depth)

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by A_Leftist_Pig?, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Actually didn't see the 2 L so read that as W.C.

p. shit opinion indeed

^ Top  
  2. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Posting in retardo.

^ Top  
  3. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    Not an argument, everything is shit compared to Fallout, Torment is still a masterpiece.

^ Top  
  4. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    I had a friend once who didn't like Fallout.

^ Top  
  5. Seari Cipher Patron

Seari
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    rekt

^ Top  
  6. One-and-a-half-Ivan Cipher

One-and-a-half-Ivan
    Retarded newfags are retarded.

^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Did you kill him or did he end his life?

^ Top  
  8. Obama Phone 3 Learned

Obama Phone 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You are faggot and should be killed.

^ Top  
  10. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Zero brofists says it all...

^ Top  
  11. MasPingon Arcane

MasPingon
    Bbut why?

^ Top  
  12. t Arcane Patron

t
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Really, you're going to bitch about the fact that you didn't know how to use inventory (which is ok), low res graphics (which was ok at the time and now we have mods) and combat (which is known to be shit) in this story-driven game? And yes, there are almost no fucking meaningful choices like in every other game excluding AoD.

Edgy bastard.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Transfiguring Roar Arcane Patron

Transfiguring Roar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :bro:

I was going to make a new account with the username 'Nobody'.

Then I was going to brofist the OP.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Sammael Liturgist

Sammael
    This is not Volourn's alt, is it?

^ Top  
  15. t Arcane Patron

t
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You'll have to wait a year I'm afraid.
    OP can write full sentences, so no, not likely.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    It's more like the OP is himself a joke.

^ Top  
  17. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?

Because my last post before today was made before this achievement whoring gamification shit became the norm in forums so that you sissies can enjoy giving each other blowjobs.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    Ignorance is bliss. I let him be.

^ Top  
  19. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    Meh, I don't think so. Like even something like Mount and Blade and Oblivion revolves around character creation and character progression. This does not do that so much. Although messing it up too badly could mean you can't finish the game.

Still, it's a good game, just not great IMO. But everyone, even fanboys like SCO are entitled to their opinions.

^ Top  
  20. treborSux Augur

treborSux
    I've never even played PS:T, but since your biggest complaint (in bad bold) comes from complaining about the resolution, means this is probably a good game. I'm gonna play it now. Did you hate Jagged Alliance 2 too? Just so I know your opinions are legit.

^ Top  
  21. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    Never played Jagged but you shouldn't play the game in its normal resolution. Every review back when it was released blasted it cause of that. The resolution creates an effect that your line of sight is actually obstructed by it and not the fog of war. It's a complete failure on the side of the developers and/or the hardware available back then.

^ Top  
  22. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    I don't remember thinking back in the day the resolution sucked or was a problem. The problem is with idiots like you it seems.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    The problem is with fanboys like you mate. Look, the game sold incredibly badly despite the publicity it got. Every professional reviewer complimented the story but criticized the game-play aspects of the actual game.
    The game is cherished as one of the best RPGs out there but it is still played by very few, compared to any other good old RPG. There is a reason for that. Few can actually stomache the terrible technical difficulties and many who do actually find that the games quality regresses as it goes on which is admitted even by codexers.

I was hoping to see some actual intelligent rebuttals of at least the part of my criticism that dealt with the story but since even that is lacking and everything else is just "oh it doesn't matter" then I just concede that you probably never even understood the more complex parts of the story and so the discussion is senseless.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. A_Leftist_Pig? Scholar Possibly Retarded

A_Leftist_Pig?
    What this basically does, I forgot to add and again I curse the lack of an edit button for even 5 minutes, is that this creates a truly elitist atmosphere of few people who actually ever finished the game and the vast majority who trust their opinions and do not go and try and finish it themselves. I did and t his is my story... *Drumroll*

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    It is not our problem that 90% of world population are idiots. And you are putting yourself into that group with this topic. I know truth hurts, but deal with it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.