Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why the fuck was Bruticis banned?

Ninjerk

Arcane
This isn't about Brut's spamming(which may or may not have happened)

edit: just realized I never tried posting this

1f27737fd79bdcb48ac1fdbaedfc5a5c39f68b70_full.jpg
What is that supposed to be?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Site Feedback: We're worse than GD and we'll show it.

Massive stupidity aside, I still don't think Brut deserves a permanent ban. If this happens again, then a perma-ban would be necessary, but for now, he should be unbanned in a future time with a warning.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sometimes I really wish St Proverbius would come back to show you all just how much "the staff is going full retard now for the lulz."

Hint: if he was still around, you'd have all been allowed exactly one post asking "Why was Brut banned?" before joining him in the ban. Without being told why.

Incidentally....... the "in before massive butthurt" in the Steam thread title has turned out to be surprisingly prophetic :smug:

Last edited:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Sometimes I really wish St Proverbius would come back to show you all just how much "the staff is going full retard now for the lulz."

Hint: if he was still around, you'd have all been allowed exactly one post asking "Why was Brut banned?" before joining him in the ban. Without being told why.
And then he'd get hit by a car... again.

:smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well after you've been stuck the last year in "lulz" mode "Brute's fan club" (You got it the wrong way around btw, they're MY fans) we thought we could show you how it's done :smug:
You're doing a pretty piss poor effort of it so far. Everything's contained in one thread.

Good job completely missing the point, DarkUnderlord This isn't about Brut's spamming(which may or may not have happened) This is about selective moderation
There's nothing selective about us banning spammers. Oh and if you have a problem with the moderation:

4. Complaints: If you have a complaint you wish to make against a Moderator because they're being too much of a Nazi moving threads or they Retardo'd your post or whatever, feel free to raise your issue with the Administrators either directly via conversation or publicly via a thread in Site Feedback. Please be advised that if it seems you're being a miserable shitcock about it, we may just ban you instead. As a word of advice, if you are serious about your issue, start a conversation and if you don't really care what happens, post in Site Feedback.​

I haven't had a PM yet, except from Sranchammer - and that was about Bruticis. I've received nothing about selective moderation.

Seriously, it's like you idiots are deliberately not paying attention and then getting butthurt when you're called out on your bullshit. It'd be cute except for the fact that you all seem so serious about it.

Unwanted

aynrand

Unwanted
You're doing a pretty piss poor effort of it so far. Everything's contained in one thread.
Oh is it now? Funny how SB swept everything under the rug when MHC, Abs, Menck, and Sam went on a freedom jihad tonight. Even moderation, right? No spamming is the golden rule, right? You pathetic little liar. This is all about crooked bee getting drunk and abusing her mod powers by playing around with the forum tools and finally banning. I was being informed in real time on Steam as it happened by one of your other staff members what she was doing. It's incredibly obvious to most people that don't have their lips attached to your ass what the real deal is here.
And of course I know you aren't going to approve this post, the message is just for you anyway.

Unwanted

aynrand

Unwanted
Oh and PS, you win. I'm tired of messing around over a stupid internet forum. Have a nice life.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Unwanted

aynrand

Unwanted
Oh is it now? Funny how SB swept everything under the rug when MHC, Abs, Menck, and Sam went on a freedom jihad tonight.
I have banned the following users for spamming:
Multi-headed Cow
Absalom
Menckenstein
Sam Ecorner

Thank you for pointing these spammers out to me so that action could be taken! Please come again.
Oh such a mastermind, so clever. HURP. You think they didn't expect this? It was a simple display of just how nutso the staff has become.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Oh such a mastermind, so clever. HURP. You think they didn't expect this? It was a simple display of just how nutso the staff has become.
I'm pleased that our users are so aware of the consistency of the rules that they expect a response when they go on a spamming spree.

It's good to know the whole "inconsistent moderation" argument was moot in the end.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
What did Menck spam exactly? Seems to me you over reacted a bit.
We've cleaned it all up so it doesn't show in post histories but it was some image of a hawaiian girl with some random guy.

MetalCraze

Arcane
But Menck wasn't spamming, Brut just made that up to see if you would blindly ban him without fact checking

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Brut? It was Absalom who made the claim. And either way, if true, I really can't be held responsible for false reports. My job is just to blindly listen to all reports that are issued to me, so as to avoid a "circle jerk" and prevent further image spamming by the reportee.

Haven't you been paying attention? That's what this whole thread has been about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom