Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was asfasdf banned?

std::namespace

This was an Administrative decision.

While I wasn't the one who did ban him (I can't), I was involved in the decision. I won't be re-posting the exact messages involved in that decision, but suffice it to say that asfasdf has contributed nothing to RPG Codex other than saying certain things over and over again in Shoutbox. Oh, and the $1000 he paid to DU as well about two years ago -- half of which went to me as an exchange for my moderation powers in Shoutbox being removed. He has (had) less than 900 posts in total here, very few about RPGs themselves.

Let me make this crystal clear: I did not ask for asf to be banned. I was not responsible for the decision itself. But I was involved. My opinion on certain things is apparently important enough around here to make a difference.

Also, I doubt the ban is permanent; rarely are they here.

Let the drama commence. This is now officially I Hate Crispy Day, so have fun.

Edit: To further clarify, asf has been banned from Shoutbox, not from the site in general.
crapsy, what do you actually do all day?
there are 16 hours of gods good light on every rotation
are you alone all this time in your shoppe?
whats a 60year old without children or grandchildren lol doing all day?
is the only human interaction you get on the dex?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

Radiane

Cipher
So, I've read through OP but.... what actually was asf's sin? He constantly said certain things in shoutbox uhhuh... really evil thing to do. Really strange and sus, and furthermore I can't shake the feeling Crirpsy wrote his post with a grin on his face
Edit: others have stated it already (also in the shoutbox) that practically no one got annoyed at all by asf, so it's just strange

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I won't be re-posting the exact messages involved in that decision (...) Let me make this crystal clear: I did not ask for asf to be banned. I was not responsible for the decision itself. But I was involved. My opinion on certain things is apparently important enough around here to make a difference.

You know, just because you're a piece of shit who does it all the time to others, I'm gonna do it for you instead.

Well, I guess I'll be the first in the year 2024 to bring up a Shoutbox problem, but I fully admit it's just a matter that irritates me personally and likely not many others.

I also fully acknowledge that this may appear to be (and likely is) a personal vendetta against asfasdf, yet I think it's worth posting anyway:

At what point does it get put to a stop?

Heh. You may not remember, but the reason I got the $500 in the first place is because asf's specific condition was that I have moderator access to Shoutbox removed.

Thus, I must grovel instead here.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
asf really doesn't deserve this considering he fixed up Prelude to Darkness. That alone should buy him a lot of slack.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think the shoutbox ban is fitting given the situation, but I hope it's not permanent. If the main reason for the ban is him shouting stupid things over and over there should be better ways to deal with that than removing one of the most active people from the shoutbox.

He also engages in meaningful conversations in the box so it feels like a blow not only to asfag bro, but to the Codex community as well.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think the shoutbox ban is fitting given the situation, but I hope it's not permanent. If the main reason for the ban is him shouting stupid things over and over there should be better ways to deal with that than removing one of the most active people from the shoutbox.

He also engages in meaningful conversations in the box so it feels like a blow not only to asfag bro, but to the Codex community as well.
asfdasf fag posts are a codex stable.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You know, just because you're a piece of shit who does it all the time to others, I'm gonna do it for you instead.
Between Infinitron making sure that developers are more important than users' right to free speech vis-a-vis games, and Crispy killing oldfags one by one, the Codex is falling apart according to plan.

Anyone interested in discussing RPGs, and not only, in a fora free from such... issues... there are now other options. Consider looking for them.

Also... shoutout to Taluntain for not implementing moving avatars for years, but catering to Crispy in a second. It's always a good look! :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I won't be re-posting the exact messages involved in that decision (...) Let me make this crystal clear: I did not ask for asf to be banned. I was not responsible for the decision itself. But I was involved. My opinion on certain things is apparently important enough around here to make a difference.

Well, I guess I'll be the first in the year 2024 to bring up a Shoutbox problem, but I fully admit it's just a matter that irritates me personally and likely not many others.

I also fully acknowledge that this may appear to be (and likely is) a personal vendetta against asfasdf, yet I think it's worth posting anyway:

At what point does it get put to a stop?

Heh. You may not remember, but the reason I got the $500 in the first place is because asf's specific condition was that I have moderator access to Shoutbox removed.

Thus, I must grovel instead here.
This is why Crispy must be banned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom