Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

Humbaba

Arcane
I cooka da pizza

Sunri

Liturgist
The admins would rather nuke the hell out of this place than put an end to the tranny tyranny.
27346.jpg
That's not a tranny, but rather a prestigious loli :smug:
Oppai loli.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
My nickname (in real life) used to be Crosstip due to some army thing so some guy called me Crosstits so I changed it to that a day or two ago for the lulz.

I hesitate to be *that guy*, but there's a guy called "Cock Robber", right there...

His name was Rock Lobster then I changed it to Lock Robster then Cock Robber.

Latro

Arcane
OH COME THE FUCK ON, Turtle Zone had ZERO drama incidents and we get shitcanned alongside them? Removing functionality because some people used it in "problematic" fashion is simply gay. Just admit shoutbox was never a problem UNTIL you decided to put a certain individual on a pedestal and he went on to make as many enemies as possible since he believed The Administration™ had his back. Turns out the protected individual was a troon and now the whole community must suffer because of a single lie by omission (that made admins horny, apparently).

That's nonsense dude, reestablish Turtle Zone, please.
1. I thought everybody assumed Theo was a tranny, given Codex history. I actually don't know. Nor do I care. Scrooge and Crooked Bee are about the only two users I suspect of being legitimate womynz and that's with some suspicion.

2. It's clear that half the forum (and 100% of shoutbox) is fixated on whether Theo is indeed a real womynz or a pretend womynz. This is about 90% of the reason I made he/she/it a mod. It's funny to watch you guys obsess.

3. I made a hip and cool comic about drama a few months ago. If it wasn't this, there'd be drama over something else. The need for drama is strong on the Codex.

4. There have been many ongoing accusations that the TZ groups obsession was getting out of hand. I do note that half of said regulars in said group are already on the shitlist or have been at some stage. And Jenkem. It seems everyone hates Jenkem but prefer talking about Theo. I highly suspect that if Theo was gone, Jenkem would be drama-central next.

5. Taking action to "stop the drama" is going to mean banning half the forum, and not the half you think. I see both sides equally to blame. So about 1/4 of users get nuked for their obsession and the other 1/4 get nuked just to be fair. In my opinion, I've seen the drama goes both ways. I can't fairly take action against one without taking action against the other.

So for now, shoutbox is gone. I expect there to be a lot of drama over this.

Gee, we sure love being disproportionately punished when “both sides are to blame”. Kek

Gahbreeil

Learned

Within the Shoutbox, people of all creeds, ethnicities and sexual orientations could gather and chat. I would like to point out that a mature person would never bother discussing private matters with another Codex user. While looking at the influx of the recent threads created after the locking of the Shoutbox I wanted to point out that knowing what the Shoutbox is and understanding it's role on the Codex allows for both shouts and threads as well as comments to be created with greater experience and skill. It is a process of learning and understanding. Meanwhile some Codexers act as if they are foolish yet expect an answer as if they are not. It is mighty solemn to see people enjoying daily conversations while browsing the Codex, perhaps there lies the fault? The only other possibility I can think of is sexual tension. It would be wise to mention at this point that leaving a heated argument without further inflammatory comments yet with your chin held high builds character. I would prefer for the Shoutbox to be returned to the Codex as quickly as possible. I enjoyed having short conversations about various topics with random people. And so, I will state that it's clearly better not to set other Codexers on flame for one's amusement or personal gain as the entire Codex suffers because of such decisions.

What is your opinion about the Shoutbox being locked and not about who was banned and for what? Pretending to be an evil wizard has it's limits as the novelty clearly disappears quickly because it is a habit. Instead, people can just share their opinions about Role-Playing Games and play out roles, be it LARP or RP, however they see fit without writing messages that are meant to excite anger and disorder within one's person. No one would like to hear that someone wants you to stop being on the Codex. Unless you think you are mature and so, can ignore such comments, shouts or messages. It actually isn't mature to make the aforementioned. It is mature to stand proud in face of such adversities. All of the Codex should not think that other users will automatically know that a joke is being made, especially when the matter presented is meant to instill anger, fear or sadness. In all of these three examples, it is no longer a joke nor kidding someone.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
besides people doing stupid clique shit, i dunno what prompted shoutbox to get deleted but it's better to have a dedicated space for people being retarded instead of not having one

Modron

Arcane
besides people doing stupid clique shit, i dunno what prompted shoutbox to get deleted but it's better to have a dedicated space for people being retarded instead of not having one
Acting like politics and GD aren't still there.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
If I can no longer shit talk Theo in the shoutbox, can i make a dedicated hate thread in GD or is that too far for Infinitron 's standards?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom