Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 system reqs are out

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Wolfus said:
octavius said:
So, is it possible to switch to 1st Person View or will the player be stuck with behind-the-ass-camera?
When playing a single character CRPG I want to be the character, not being the character's puppet master.

So you think Fallout 3 > Fallout 2 ?

Haven't played them yet, so I can't make a judgement.
But Fallout 2 is isometric 2D, right? Not behind-the-ass 3D POV.
And in Fallout you eventually control a party, don't you?

Anyway, I found that there is a mod to make The Wircher 1 into a 1st Person POV, so it will probably be possible with Witcher 2 also.

octavius said:
Wolfus said:
octavius said:
So, is it possible to switch to 1st Person View or will the player be stuck with behind-the-ass-camera?
When playing a single character CRPG I want to be the character, not being the character's puppet master.

So you think Fallout 3 > Fallout 2 ?

Haven't played them yet, so I can't make a judgement.
But Fallout 2 is isometric 2D, right? Not behind-the-ass 3D POV.
And in Fallout you eventually control a party, don't you?

Anyway, I found that there is a mod to make The Wircher 1 into a 1st Person POV, so it will probably be possible with Witcher 2 also.

Party in FO1 is minimalist - a late experimental addition without much flavour to it. Not really a core part of the game.

Party in FO2 is more developed, with reasons to follow you and more fleshed out personalities (Myron, baby, Myron!), but they were still portrayed more as folks who might travel along with you for a while, rather than being integral to the mechanics and storyline. Certainly, the player character is expected to carry most of the weight in combat (though in FO2 the companions can really help if equipped correctly).

But lore-wise and mechanics-wise, it wasn't a big deal reducing the party to 2 members at a time in NV - maximum of one felt a little low in FO3, but with 2 that you'd alternate over the course of the game, it matched the idea of the 'mostly lone' wanderer, who might have fellow travellers for a while, but is still ultimately on a solo exercise.

Having said that, I agree with the dislike for the 3rd person view, but for different reasons. 3rd person seems to encourage a set of mechanics that jarr with me as a PC gamer. Most egregrious is the inability to simply jump on top of, or behind, any object you see. After being used to manipulating anything you can see in Deus Ex, it really hurts in games like Dead Space that rubble creates an immovable barrier, and that you get blocked by pipes and boxes that you should be able to jump on. I know that stuff isn't determined by camera, but developers seem to adopt a different mindset when making 3rd person games than for FPS, and again from isometric. 3rd person, for me, incorporates the worst parts of first person and 3rd person: you're removed from the character AND you lack tactical control.

MCA
Modern 3rd person = looking at your characters' asses. Must be a very compelling experience for next-geners.

Lesifoere said:
Excidium said:
Rondel. said:

Triss needs to workout those chicken legs.

Jesus, Geralt's pallid. Are those veins? Yeah I know, albinism, but I thought that was just hurr durr white hair. On the other hand, looks way better than the creepy uncanny valley sex scenes in DA2.

You find that pallid? Looks pretty normal and healthy to me. I've had girlfriends that looked like white porcelain in comparison. It's Triss who has a slight tan skin. And I think those might also be scars.

Anyway, it actually looks very tasteful and pleasing. Beautiful composition, colours. Almost like a painting. Sex scenes in DA & DA2 look so... unsophisticated. Like scenes from a white trash teen drama.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The problem with all those CEs is that they spend so much money on useless shit but still neglect the most important item in the whole package: the fucking manual. The lack of proper manual is the main reason i went full digital, and i can wipe my ass with the shit the comes with most CEs.

Raghar said:
Where are scars on Triss?

That's a good question.
And I have always wondered why the fuck CDP made Triss look like this in first game when in the book she mentions she will never wear dress like this.

FatCat said:
Raghar said:
Where are scars on Triss?

what scars ?

She barely survived the battle of Soden and according to books she still has some minor scars left despite best regeneration techniques and absolutly refuses to go out in dress showing her boobs.

Thoric

Novice
Regarding Triss' scars:

The Northern Kingdoms spared no expense in the healing of the mages wounded in the Sodden battle - providing the best scrolls, elixirs, amulets and artifacts, successfully returning them their previous looks. I quote - "The traces are almost unnoticable".

When she says she "will never wear a revealing dress again" it sounds like it's due to the psychological shock of having seen herself horribly burned and maimed, not actual physical disfigurement. It's possible in the 5 years after the war, she has overcome that uneasiness with her restored body.

And it's not like CDPR shy away from scarred characters.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
We seen details of her breasts, so where they were? Minor nearly unnoticeable doesn't mean completely invisible. Not to mention she became used to her clothes, so she didn't have any reason to use a revealing dress anyway.

They would do better when they would use different characters. So far they are only raping original work...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lyric Suite said:
The problem with all those CEs is that they spend so much money on useless shit but still neglect the most important item in the whole package: the fucking manual. The lack of proper manual is the main reason i went full digital, and i can wipe my ass with the shit the comes with most CEs.
You know all physical versions of TW2 come with a map, manual, and guide for cheaters, right? No idea if it's proper enough, but it's there.

bonescraper

Lyric Suite said:
The problem with all those CEs is that they spend so much money on useless shit but still neglect the most important item in the whole package: the fucking manual.
I guess you should pull that monocle out of your ass, put it on for a chagne and take a closer look at this picture here:

iqj610.jpg

I made it easier for you as your monocle is propably still covered in shit.

There's something in that red "circle" i've drawn. It looks like a book and there's something written on the cover beneath the game logo... Looks like it says...

User Manual...

Goddamn! You gotta be shitting me! God fucking damn! The most important thing! It's fucking there!

Now what was your point again?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
bonescraper said:
Lyric Suite said:
The problem with all those CEs is that they spend so much money on useless shit but still neglect the most important item in the whole package: the fucking manual.
I guess you should pull that monocle out of your ass, put it on for a chagne and take a closer look at this picture here:

http://i53.tinypic.com/iqj610.jpg

I made it easier for you as your monocle is propably still covered in shit.

There's something in that red "circle" i've drawn. It looks like a book and there's something written on the cover beneath the game logo... Looks like it says...

User Manual...

Goddamn! You gotta be shitting me! God fucking damn! The most important thing! It's fucking there!

Now what was your point again?

But maybe a five-page leaflet explaining to retards how to install the game is not what Lyric Suite considers to be a proper manual?

bonescraper

Hamster said:
But maybe a five-page leaflet explaining to retards how to install the game is not what Lyric Suite considers to be a proper manual?
Well, if he rips it to smaller pieces before reading it's his problem. To me, it looks like it has at least 80 pages*. And damn, that's already way more than you should ever need in a streamlined action RPG manual.

* For reference - Twitcher's Extra Extended Director's Cut Edition manual has exactly 82 pages.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
bonescraper said:
And damn, that's already way more than you should ever need in a streamlined action RPG manual.

Collectors editions are all about getting more than you need, thats why you are paying extra money for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom