Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

somerandomdude

Learned
Taken from reddit for those who're interested.
Lingbao Tianzun (Principle of Lingbao)

• Tested using normal attack. Base was 59 damage.
  • One debuff=65 damage. ~10% increase.
  • Two debuffs=69 damage. ~17% increase.
  • Three debuffs=72 damage. ~22% increase.
Yianshi Tianzun (Principle of Yuanshi)

• Tested using the thorn lightning from wood tree. Don't remember how much base cost reduction I had.
  • 845 spirit cost with no stacks.
  • 676 with stacks, consumes one stack, multiple stacks does not further decrease cost. 20% decrease.
Daode Tianzun (Principle of Daode)

• Tested using normal attack. Base was 159 damage.
  • Base damage without 6pc bonus but with power gain was 174 damage (5pc gives power gain on deflect)
  • 1 deflect=179 damage. ~3% increase.
  • Didn't test 2-4 deflects. Assumed linear increase per stack.
  • 5 deflects (full stacks)=198 damage. ~13.7% increase.
Shennong (Subtlety of Fire)

• Tested using a single stab martial art from a sword. Base was 89 damage.
  • One stack=93 damage. 4.5% increase.
  • Two stacks=97 damage. 9% increase.
  • Three stacks=101 damage. 13.5% increase.
  • Four stacks=105 damage. 18% increase.
  • Five stacks=109 damage. 23.5% increase.
Taihao (Subtlety of Wood)

• Tested using a single attack. Base was 75 damage.
  • With the buff=79 damage. ~5% increase.
Xuanyuan (Subtlety of Earth)

• Hard to test due to scaling with def so only have one set of numbers. Will need more to extrapolate actual scaling.
  • Base was 82 damage on 69 earth.
  • On 70 earth, 597 def=86 damage. ~5% increase.
Shaohao (Subtlety of Metal)

• Base of 104 damage.
  • With 4pc bonus and slow debuff applied=113 damage.
  • With 5pc bonus=124 damage. ~10% increase.
Zhuanxu (Subtlety of Water)

• Lasts about 5 seconds. However, this starts from the moment the fatal strike hits, so realistically about 4 seconds.
Supreme Heavenly Emperor (Skyward Majesty)

• Didn't test this myself. Just translating from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IekdU9XBhss
  • With all 5 virtues meeting the condition:
  • 19% spirit cost reduction for dodging
  • 13% spirit cost reduction for wizardry spells
  • 10% spirit cost reduction for martial arts
  • 12% spirit gain from normal attacks
  • From some of my own basic testing, ~9% damage buff
  • With only 3 virtues meeting the condition:
  • 10% spirit cost reduction for dodging
  • No spirit cost reduction for spells/martial arts
Hope this info helps everyone plan their builds!

None seem impactful enough to be truly build defining, and absolutely aren't worth grinding for IMO. But you be the judge if you think marginal % increases justify a massive gear grind. Skyward mastery seems like it might be the best of the bunch if you want to run some kind of build that's got 30 in all stats, because it gives increases to a bunch of stuff. If you're flexible with weapon and armor types and are willing to piece whatever random armor and weapons you find that happen to have skyward grace on it, you could certainly make that work because you'd also have the stats to make that work. Graces set can spawn on ranged weapons as well, so you got 2 ranged slots that can contribute to the bonus. Graces can't spawn on accessories.

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned
I just finished NG+, it wasn't too bad. Bosses get an extra morale boost over you, and the game tends to remind you exactly how much of an advantage an enemy gets over you when it has 5+ morale over your character. However, in many of these main missions in NG+, if you play well through the mission, clear the enemies, and get all the flags, you'll be 25 morale, or tied with the bosses morale. That means don't eat red attacks for morale penalties, etc, and don't get killed, and you'll be rewarded for good play through the mission with a boss that's on a more even playing field with you. There's a few sub missions where you're going to be 5 under the boss no matter what, and you really don't want to get hit by a red, which is likely to be a one shot. However, heavier armor + more HP can afford you 1 mistake that a light armor user won't have. In NG, if you played well through the missions and ended up with 25 morale, you typically had +5 morale over the boss, which means you got some serious bonuses over them. You don't need to grind for 25 morale, all you need to do is play good in the mission. People talk about morale grinding, that's not necessary, just git gud.

Suicidal

Arcane
I just finished NG+, it wasn't too bad. Bosses get an extra morale boost over you, and the game tends to remind you exactly how much of an advantage an enemy gets over you when it has 5+ morale over your character. However, in many of these main missions in NG+, if you play well through the mission, clear the enemies, and get all the flags, you'll be 25 morale, or tied with the bosses morale. That means don't eat red attacks for morale penalties, etc, and don't get killed, and you'll be rewarded for good play through the mission with a boss that's on a more even playing field with you. There's a few sub missions where you're going to be 5 under the boss no matter what, and you really don't want to get hit by a red, which is likely to be a one shot. However, heavier armor + more HP can afford you 1 mistake that a light armor user won't have. In NG, if you played well through the missions and ended up with 25 morale, you typically had +5 morale over the boss, which means you got some serious bonuses over them. You don't need to grind for 25 morale, all you need to do is play good in the mission. People talk about morale grinding, that's not necessary, just git gud.
Are there new enemy placements and movesets on NG+? I forgot when that starts happening in Nioh 2 - on NG+ or on later cycles.

cw8

Cipher
So is this Dynasty Warriors with monsters? The RTK fan in me prefers a decent new RTK game but oh well.

somerandomdude

Learned
Are there new enemy placements and movesets on NG+? I forgot when that starts happening in Nioh 2 - on NG+ or on later cycles.
I haven't noticed any different enemy placement, but enemies/bosses seem more aggressive in NG+, and do stuff like extend into red attacks after combos in ways they never did in NG. They generally seem to use red attacks more frequently. Enemy detection ability/range seems to be increased as well. Snipers seem to spot you from farther away in NG+.

cruel

Cipher
I'm still disappointed with the game overall, but I need to admit - they did a very good job with Lu Bu boss fight. Great fight, memorable, varied move set, challenging, keeping you on your toes constantly, but no cheap one-shot moves. First boss I actually liked in this game. Took me more than 10 tries, but I think I had it easier with fully upgraded heavy armor - I can only imagine the pain going through this fight with light armor or crappy weapon.

Why do I have a strong feeling that all the bosses will go downhill from here...

Reinhardt

Arcane
looks like late pc porting of nioh 1-2 with full package was gud thing for first impressions.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So is this Dynasty Warriors with monsters? The RTK fan in me prefers a decent new RTK game but oh well.

This is pretty much Team Ninja take on Sekiro (much like NiOh to Dark Souls). Extremely punishing parry window but much faster action in general instead of slower combat of NiOh/Soulslike.

cruel

Cipher
Finished the game yesterday. It doesn't deserve to be called shit, but it's definitely disappointing - 6.5/10 being very generous.

What was good:
+ combat is very good
+ pure gameplayfag game: 1min of cutscenes for 1h+ of gameplay
+ 3 bosses were fun: Lu Bu, Zhang Liao, final boss

Now, the bad part:
- enemy variety is a disaster for a game that focuses on combat, gets boring pretty quickly
- morale system is retarded. If you're good at the game, you're rewarded with a whole level being a cakewalk, because you stomp on everyone with your high morale rank
- different weapons feel sort-of the same
- most of the bosses are meh / forgettable
- the game looks and feels lazy, unfinished, unpolished, rushed
- PC port is bad
- difficulty is all over the place, last half of the game is way too easy
- some of the late game bosses die so fast it's clear nobody bothered to tweak difficulty properly for them
- poor voice acting, generic music
- zero incentive for a second playthrough / NG+
- much less systems complexity than Nioh 1 & 2

Sekiro is a much better game, mostly due to combat & difficulty polish. I will think hard before preordering next Team Ninja game - unless they announce Nioh 3, which will be d1p.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS OK GETTING INTO THIS

PLAYED A BIT AND THOUGHT IT WAS HARD AS FUCK

RESTARTED TODAY AND NOT AS BAD

ITS FUN ENOUGH NIOH LIKE SHIT

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Looks like 1.06 dropped a couple days ago. Seems that team ninja realized the moral system was broken and now allow players to cap moral at battleflag.

From what I've read, it makes the luck stat a waste now, as you can just go into the boss fights at zero rank and get guaranteed phat loot.

Nice feature, but those retards changed how the elixirs work, making them worthless. If they want to nerf them, fine, but they made them vendor trash.

Puukko

Arcane
Looks like 1.06 dropped a couple days ago. Seems that team ninja realized the moral system was broken and now allow players to cap moral at battleflag.

From what I've read, it makes the luck stat a waste now, as you can just go into the boss fights at zero rank and get guaranteed phat loot.

Nice feature, but those retards changed how the elixirs work, making them worthless. If they want to nerf them, fine, but they made them vendor trash.
Still not a single mention about performance. Geez. It's good that they're patching bugs of course but I can't say I came across a single major one.

Suicidal

Arcane
Sounds like a neat feature. The system makes the game too easy for completionist autists like me who like to explore every level. At this point I think I'd rather wait for the complete edition with all patches & DLCs before playing this, which will give me a much better experience. I'll just get the CHAOS game in the mean time.

pqt

Literate
NO BRO I FINISHED THE GAME NOW I WAIT FOR THE COMPLETE EDITION

Suicidal

Arcane
Appears there's been an update that buffs a whole bunch of weapon skills and even changes some of the bosses that were considered too easy. They definitely released the game in an under-cooked state.

notpl

Arbiter
Appears there's been an update that buffs a whole bunch of weapon skills and even changes some of the bosses that were considered too easy. They definitely released the game in an under-cooked state.
Page me when they release an update that lets you bind multiple weapon skills to button combination inputs and equip more than four spells

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
significant reputational damage
what do you mean?
47% from 16383 reviews on Steam are positive which means 53% reviews are negative and the rating is mixed.

Team NINJA's support for PC is non-existent as in the game is still a stuttering mess 3 months after release.

The player base is gone. Daily max is of 200 players. That number is incredibly small for a game which sold 500k+ on Steam.

So, I guess most people will handle their next game with caution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom