Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Reminds me of this

tumblr_o3zp71DPKD1v8kq5go1_500.jpg

After hitting Valdrakken renown level 30 on my main, I went to the rep vendor to buy the dragon taming manual to mail it to my hunter alt, only to find out that I can't do that. Instead, I had to do this whole rep grind all over again on my hunter alt. I did get double rep on my alt until renown level 20, but still... that was frustrating. And perhaps a waste of time too. I got the dragon taming manual, and... there are only two dragon models that you can tame. And one of them, the Veilwing, doesn't even fly like the NPC mobs. The tamed pet version walks on the ground. It's a dog with wings. So the only real dragon pet you can get is the Fey Dragon. There is also the Cloud Serpent, but I already got that from the Cloud Serpent rep I reached exalted on my main over 10 years ago, and it's bigger than the Fey Dragon. It would've been cool if you could have tamed one of those big proto-drakes, or those Draenor Fey Dragons. and they flew rather than walked.

6pDfM3m.jpg

Y4sghs4.jpg

I did the Time Rift and Dreamsurge events. They still suffer from the same flaws that plagued the Primalist Future and Tuskurr soup events, in that they are nonstop high intensity for too long and with no breaks. You're furiously bursting down mobs for 10 minutes straight. The Time Rift event is probably the "best" one thus far given that it has you flying around (though the Researchers Under Fire event also did that) and there is the chances that you might get the minigame with the hourglass which helps spruce things up, but it's still not very fun. The green orbs that spawn around the Dreamsurge zone that you can fly through to get currency are neat, though ultimately both the Time Rifts and Dreamsurge events are rather grindy.

For Dreamsurges you get about 30 currency per event (which happens once every 30 minutes), and a piece of gear costs 100 currency. That is 1,200 Dreamsurge currency you need to gear up a character (you can buy everything except trinkets). You can also get about 50 more currency in between Dreamsurge events by doing world quests, killing empowered rares in the area, or flying through the green orbs, but it will still take a few days just to get one character geared, whereas with prior catchup systems like Timeless Isle of the Forbidden Reach you could be fully geared in less than a of couple hours.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
After hitting Valdrakken renown level 30 on my main, I went to the rep vendor to buy the dragon taming manual to mail it to my hunter alt, only to find out that I can't do that. Instead, I had to do this whole rep grind all over again on my hunter alt. I did get double rep on my alt until renown level 20, but still... that was frustrating. And perhaps a waste of time too. I got the dragon taming manual, and... there are only two dragon models that you can tame. And one of them, the Veilwing, doesn't even fly like the NPC mobs. The tamed pet version walks on the ground. It's a dog with wings. So the only real dragon pet you can get is the Fey Dragon. There is also the Cloud Serpent, but I already got that from the Cloud Serpent rep I reached exalted on my main over 10 years ago, and it's bigger than the Fey Dragon. It would've been cool if you could have tamed one of those big proto-drakes, or those Draenor Fey Dragons. and they flew rather than walked.

6pDfM3m.jpg

Y4sghs4.jpg

I did the Time Rift and Dreamsurge events. They still suffer from the same flaws that plagued the Primalist Future and Tuskurr soup events, in that they are nonstop high intensity for too long and with no breaks. You're furiously bursting down mobs for 10 minutes straight. The Time Rift event is probably the "best" one thus far given that it has you flying around (though the Researchers Under Fire event also did that) and there is the chances that you might get the minigame with the hourglass which helps spruce things up, but it's still not very fun. The green orbs that spawn around the Dreamsurge zone that you can fly through to get currency are neat, though ultimately both the Time Rifts and Dreamsurge events are rather grindy.

For Dreamsurges you get about 30 currency per event (which happens once every 30 minutes), and a piece of gear costs 100 currency. That is 1,200 Dreamsurge currency you need to gear up a character (you can buy everything except trinkets). You can also get about 50 more currency in between Dreamsurge events by doing world quests, killing empowered rares in the area, or flying through the green orbs, but it will still take a few days just to get one character geared, whereas with prior catchup systems like Timeless Isle of the Forbidden Reach you could be fully geared in less than a of couple hours.
Spirit of Competition exists from 2008 Beijing Olympics, BMAH might have it

They announced a trilogy of expansions.

First expansion is underground.

Second expansion is defending Quel'thelas from the Void and the final defeat of the shadow.

Third expansion is in Northrend, you uncover the secret of the Titans and the true nature of Azeroth.

New expansion feature is warbands: more alt QoL

Hero talents. Dark Ranger and Farseer were listed as examples.

Earthen Dwarf allied race

Seems like they are changing the login screen:

b6lOAO9.png

Not fond how they put the shop on the main menu.

Three hero talent trees per class, and two available per specialization. Digs into more specific class fantasies.

Warrior hero talent trees: Mountain Thane, Colossus, and Slayer. Prot warrior can be Mountain Thane or Colossus, Arms can be Mountain Thane or Slayer, Fury can be Colossus or Slayer.

You earn 1 hero talent point per level from 71 to 80.

So basically elite specializations from GW2.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Seems like they are changing the login screen:

b6lOAO9.png
The fuck is that fox thing? It looks so out of place, like it belongs in a final fantasy game or something.

I'm so glad I never got into World of Warcraft. I love coming into this thread just to see how much further this game can fall before players say fuck it. From king of MMO's to alphabet soup furry nightmare.

The fuck is that fox thing? It looks so out of place, like it belongs in a final fantasy game or something.

Vuplera, a new Horde race added in BFA. Yes, it is completely inappropriate for Warcraft. Beastmen in WoW are supposed to be huge, monstrous, inhuman beastmen who would tear you apart limb from limb, not cute uwu tumblr furries. The newly added Dracthry were just as bad.

Minecrawler

Educated
Beared women is one thing, but beardless dwarves are unforgivable.
It's a package deal in 2023, can't have one without the other.
Also those are body types 2, there's no such thing as "woman" since shadowlands.

She said earthens have troubles with procreation and promised we will uncover this mystery and help them. I'm somewhat intrigued, what will be the cautionary tale from Blizzard here? Will we solve the problem by mass transporting troggs to their towns?

ADL

Prophet
I'm interested in retail after today's reveals but I'm shocked they're going another year without expanding their free trial at all. FFXIV gives you: A Realm Reborn+Heavensward+Stormblood (with some things like guild and trade restrictions) entirely free. That's hundreds of hours of content including dungeons and raids and gets your main and expansion gated jobs up to level 70.

Meanwhile in retail WoW: level 20 before your class identity kicks in. No raids and I don't think you can run dungeons on the trial either. No one likes the WoW trial. At least let me hit level 50 and complete a small handful of chromietime campaigns or something.

I'm interested in retail after today's reveals but I'm shocked they're going another year without expanding their free trial at all. FFXIV gives you: A Realm Reborn+Heavensward+Stormblood (with some things like guild and trade restrictions) entirely free. That's hundreds of hours of content including dungeons and raids and gets your main and expansion gated jobs up to level 70.

Meanwhile in retail WoW: level 20 before your class identity kicks in. No raids and I don't think you can run dungeons on the trial either. No one likes the WoW trial. At least let me hit level 50 and complete a small handful of chromietime campaigns or something.

I think Blizzard is afraid that a free trial would turn potential customers away. FFXIV gives away the best part of their 400+ hour long visual novel away for free. The actual MMO part of FF14 sucks and people only care about the VN part but the VN up through Stormblood was decent enough. The issue with WoW though is that the appeal is mainly in the gameplay, but as you mentioned the gameplay sucks unless you are playing the current expansion, since classes are designed to be played with having almost all of the talent points, and you can't find people doing old expansion content, and old expansion raids aren't challenging due to powercreep.

Don Peste

Arcane
At this point, only a team of 50+ year old Russian devs could save Warcraft. By making Warcraft IV. As an allegory of the war in Ukraine (Scourge invasion vs... Quilboar?).

Caim

Arcane
Common mistake, that's an anglo woman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom