Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

Shitposter
i like how the one thing wow has going for it is decent art direction and most people play it with huds like this:
bpKbcGg.jpg

people be running dungeons/raids and can't be arsed to minimize their fucking quest window how autistic are these players

Caim

Arcane
That's why Blizzard should ban the use of addons. Add the useful stuff to the base game, and ban everything that makes the game too easy. OSRS suffers the same problem.

Norfleet

That's why Blizzard should ban the use of addons. Add the useful stuff to the base game, and ban everything that makes the game too easy. OSRS suffers the same problem.
It's not the fault of the players that the developers either can't, or don't want to bother, making a UI that isn't shit at its job. If players see the need to fill their screens in HUDs and readouts, it's because Blizzard has failed to make a UI that conveys all of that relevant information for gameplay.

I mean, you look at this "Art Direction" and all you see is a bunch of meaningless gibberish and rave lights. This is totally useless. Art is all fine and good, but it serves no actual useful purpose if it does not actually convey relevant information, and you can't even ogle it when it's buried under a mass of pixie farts.

Shitposter
It's not the fault of the players that the developers either can't, or don't want to bother, making a UI that isn't shit at its job. If players see the need to fill their screens in HUDs and readouts, it's because Blizzard has failed to make a UI that conveys all of that relevant information for gameplay.

I mean, you look at this "Art Direction" and all you see is a bunch of meaningless gibberish and rave lights. This is totally useless. Art is all fine and good, but it serves no actual useful purpose if it does not actually convey relevant information, and you can't even ogle it when it's buried under a mass of pixie farts.

the base wow UI is actually pretty good. if you need airhorns blasting in your ears and doritos text covering half the screen to tell you to stop standing in a giant patch of fire you might just not be cut out for raiding

SerratedBiz

Arcane
the base wow UI is actually pretty good. if you need airhorns blasting in your ears and doritos text covering half the screen to tell you to stop standing in a giant patch of fire you might just not be cut out for raiding

It's not so much about flashing text and airhorns, but of having the ability to easily adjust the UI as I want. It's ridiculous that this game is 70 years old and I still need to get addons in order to unretard my hotbars, resize my quest tracker, be able to tell when my party's cooldowns are up, etc.

Whatever talent for innovation they had is simply not there anymore. Their motto is to keep pushing the same bullshit for maximum efficiency with minimal cost. Activision's pawprint is all over them.

J1M

Arcane
The team is massive. It's basically two teams. With one working ahead on the next expansion. One of the reasons they have trouble innovating, actually.

Their problem is resource allocation. Way more effort goes into things like the trivial art details for garrison building differentiation than on creating new gameplay modes.

Caim

Arcane
WoW's problem is that the developers seem to have no idea what the players want out of the game or how they engage with its systems. So they make what they think the players want, and fix it to be at least passable in the last patch before the next expansion. They have an ideal player in their minds, and it rankles them that the game's most popular streamer is someone like Asmongold who is the opposite of that.

J1M

Arcane
WoW's problem is that the developers seem to have no idea what the players want out of the game or how they engage with its systems. So they make what they think the players want, and fix it to be at least passable in the last patch before the next expansion. They have an ideal player in their minds, and it rankles them that the game's most popular streamer is someone like Asmongold who is the opposite of that.
They should be ecstatic that Asmongold has made more than 6 people care about collecting mounts.

Caim

Arcane
So it turns out that Blizzard engages in Ubisoft levels of sexual misconduct going on in its offices. And who's cracking down on them? The state of California after two years of investigations. Because yes, it's THAT bad.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
So it turns out that Blizzard engages in Ubisoft levels of sexual misconduct going on in its offices. And who's cracking down on them? The state of California after two years of investigations. Because yes, it's THAT bad.
Any bets on which character is catching the gay in order to save Blizzard's PR? They need to bring something big this time. I'm saying either Arthas or Diablo.

Cromwell

Arcane
given how long it took to puke out the latest patch there was no work done on it before also.

copebot

Learned
"Misconduct" is just the natural result of women in the office. It's eerie (if you are familiar with how inaccurate legal complaints often are) how the universal reaction to this lawsuit is that everything in it must be true. The evidentiary burden is a lot lower in civil cases than it is in criminal cases. It's completely possible that most of the stories in the short complaint are complete fabrications. However, as just about always happens in civil lawsuits, the default belief of the media and most lay people reading the complaint is that it's completely true and that "if the state of California thought conducted an investigation, it must all be true." That's not the case: it can be totally invented; they could have just repeated exactly what their sources said with no verification. They are not even bound by the typical restrictions that a plaintiff attorney would be held by because they do not have any duties to their clients, as they would in a sex harassment lawsuit, and their burden for at least making a good faith effort to verify that their client wasn't making stuff up is also removed, since it's the state acting on behalf of California.

For Blizzard, they were already trying very hard to become more diverse and female-friendly. Even if they won, they 'lose' because their staff of insane libs want to cooperate with the state to blow up the company. TBH this is probably the pathway of most American software companies in the future; it's just because ActiBlizz most likely has weak corporate practice attorneys at least compared to their hyperactive IP attorneys. If this were Google or Microsoft the girls would have all been paid off years ago.

The employees are also by and large kind of fucked, because the go-to corporate defense is to throw employees under the bus. The go-to lawyer excuse before you know anything about what the company has been accused of is "an employee did it contrary to corporate policy." You type this out before you have even conducted an investigation, and you say this even if it turns out later that passing around pictures of female employees' pussies was actually in the corporate handbook as mandatory under the "Pics or it didn't happen" clause. Even then "an employee put it in the corporate policy contrary to corporate policy." So, for all the wokes at Blizzard, it means that the corporate attorneys will be trolling through all of their emails, maybe their personal emails as well, their personal devices, their personal cloud accounts, etc. for any and all evidence of misconduct. They can pull their game chat logs, their discord logs, their web browser histories, literally everything to do what they can to throw the employees under the bus and exonerate the corporation.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
There is a conspiracy against blizzard and the conspirators are trying to bring it down.
One of their attempts was the Hong Kong controversy and now this.

Shitposter
streamers, redditors, and 'women' leaving WoW en masse due to recent news
ABSOLUTELY BASED moved by blizzard

6-mo sub: PURCHASED
time to buy some acti-blizzard stock
Also, what store pet should I buy to support blizzard's recent actions?
thinking lil kel'thuzad since i play death knight
316516-lil-k-t.jpg

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
streamers, redditors, and 'women' leaving WoW en masse due to recent news
ABSOLUTELY BASED moved by blizzard

6-mo sub: PURCHASED
time to buy some acti-blizzard stock
Also, what store pet should I buy to support blizzard's recent actions?
thinking lil kel'thuzad since i play death knight
316516-lil-k-t.jpg
It would be based if the game was any good.
This drama is a godsent for retards like you, you finally have the perfect coping mechanism in putting the blame for the exodus on the lawsuit.
WoW was bleeding players weeks prior to it, this little news changes nothing.

Riot didn't suffer one bit from the same revelations. People don't actually give a fuck. They're leaving because the game right now is a scam. Enjoy your kel thuzad though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom