Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of warcraft: Shadowlands announced

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Never played WOW. I only watched a few vids mainly...

well and Southpark..

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Incubus model that Warlocks can switch to. World of Warcraft was a fucking mistake.

1039667.jpg

Reever

Scholar
Patron

GreyViper

Prophet
Yeah not a fan of these sets, reminds cheap knockoff from SMITE or something. Seems the end is the night and the glory days of TBC, WOTLK and Legion are part of the past. The part of paid transmog is also kind of sad, but I expect more with things going down the hill. They have yet to announce the WoW2. Lets be honest they are not dumb and had the same idea, look FF14 is flashy we need also a flashy engine this cartoonish game is old.

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Magister
Yeah, using "sets" as a plural is really inaccurate here. Its just one set with a variation for each class. FFS they look worse than the dungeon set 1 from Vanilla and those sets were meant to be throw away sets. Really these look like green quest rewards rather than raid drops.

J1M

Arcane
They can't just GIVE you the set they wanted to sell with Blizzcon tickets as some sort of 17th anniversary gift. You have to buy it. Because Blizzcon is cancelled.

Also, according to a translated Korean interview, they did not cut a patch from Shadowlands and it was always the plan to have the current release cadence. :lol:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Yeah, using "sets" as a plural is really inaccurate here. Its just one set with a variation for each class. FFS they look worse than the dungeon set 1 from Vanilla and those sets were meant to be throw away sets. Really these look like green quest rewards rather than raid drops.
For picture links from this domain (static.wikia.nocookie.net) you usually have to remove everything after the file extension (here .png) for the link to work

Generic-Giant-Spider

You know everyone is just going to name their Incubus after shamed sexual harassment Blizzard employees.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This shit is already on life support while they try to milk everything they can from the player base before riot releases their LoL MMORPG and pulls what little remains for wows player base.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they released a console version without crossplay and sell it as a fresh start.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Eh. It's year 15. I'd expect it to be dead by now. It was released 5 years after Everquest 1, and at the same time as Everquest 2. Come to think of it, that means the EQ1 players went to WoW instead of EQ2. In other words, WoW was the mainstream MMO's ideal EQ2 and the real EQ2 was not.

I'm 30-something now and I remember playing when I was 18, right inbetween graduating high school and going to uni. Finally, three months without academic pressure lol.

Edit: That being said I think I still rank Dark Age of Camelot pretty high. Too bad Mark Jacobs' subsequent projects were... not so good. (You'd think he'd realize that 3-faction RvR is better than 2-faction RvR, but he designed Warhammer Online to be 2-faction. Who knows, maybe he didn't realize and it was just a lucky fluke)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom