Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warships

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
wows_soviet_horizontal_zpsih2ajc5v.jpg

Rumoured tech tree for Soviet Navy. Not even a single pre-dreadnought battleship? Why bring a fictional ship instead of this:

15658b5d1755.jpg

01032002.jpg

:keepmymoney:

I'll stick to my kawai weaboo ships then.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is great so far. Compared to World of Tanks it's heaven. At WoT entire mid-tier is dominated by donaters. Here's not so. At some matches in wot, repair costs is more than you earn in the match.
So if you are not retarded and sail on full forward, chrome and shiny to Valhalla then there will be no instakills and humilating defeats.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So if you are not retarded and sail on full forward, chrome and shiny to Valhalla then there will be no instakills and humiliating defeats.
Unless the other team is fully composed of people that know what they are doing, and your team not so much. Then you're fucked.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
WG.net are big fan of bringing in "concept tanks" because then noone can call their bullshit on historical accuracy when they decide to build russian equipment from sovietanium and stalinwood.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
WG.net are big fan of bringing in "concept tanks" because then noone can call their bullshit on historical accuracy when they decide to build russian equipment from sovietanium and stalinwood.

We have long suffered from butthurt caused by injustice at the hands of western developers, now your turn has come. :smug:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron

Is that the same guy that ranted about shit combat in Witcher and Batman games? Looks like that first positive impression of him may have been a false one, because it seems he has no idea what he is talking about. It takes just a quick glance at the tech trees to see that they are designed to culminate at the end of WW2 with WW1 stuff only at lower tiers, so Germany and UK being biggest navies in WW1 doesn't really matter. It also should be quite clear that Russian Navy is not yet in, you cannot seriously play with just 2 premium ships.:?

Last edited:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
RN was the largest at the onset of WWII, second largest by wars end. It was most often the first to pioneer new naval technology in this period as well.

It's a cunts move to not include it.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
The Royal Navy was involved in far fewer iconic fleet battles during WW2. But I'm sure WG's reason is that the American audience is a lot bigger than the UK audience. They will be added in time as long as the game does well.
Pretty much this. I would also prefer Royal Navy instead of americans, but US and Japan just make a perfect first pair for this game.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
News flash, WG intends to ban any kind of modding with the next update. All of them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Even so, it makes sense to release tha nations in pairs with the ships they historically fought against. Which is why the russian navy is mostly made up of things that only existed on paper I guess.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Only 18k of players now on the EU, holy crap the number is falling fast. Last time I was playing was something like 30k.
Game looks like shit, but if they add subs i might check it out.
Won't happen, the engine is limited as all shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom