Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Caim

Arcane
My female tauren alt now looks so creepy D:
You can switch back to the old grapics: see the Advanced tab in the system menu.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The content wasn't really content, just a half hour's worth of questing. They get lazier and lazier with pre-expac events. N-e-ways I've played around in beta for about a month which is the extent of the content you'll get in live WoD. Not going to pony up $50+$15 to play the same stuff again. Towards the end after you've set up your garrison buildings it's very much Farmville. You log on, check your work orders, maybe do a dungeon or two, and log off. Yeah yeah there are no dungeons in Farmville...

Avellion

Erudite
There is a good thread on the :patriot: forums highlighting what is wrong with the new models, ranging from glitches, clipping issues, inconsistant art and some other strange choices.

WoW is pretty brutal now

Looks like Blizzard finally responded to the complaints that the game was too easy. I almost feel like resubbing to enjoy the difficulty while it lasts.

Caim

Arcane
I have seen so many of complaints of both the Gnomes and the Tauren being chucked so deep into the uncanny valley said valley has turned into a raid: the Pit of the Unsightly.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the group finder tool is a big step forward for pub raiding. just got my heroic garrosh heirloom. some groups are quite good. of course, most of them are crap.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I have seen so many of complaints of both the Gnomes and the Tauren being chucked so deep into the uncanny valley said valley has turned into a raid: the Pit of the Unsightly.
Tauren males seem ok for me, but yeah, females are uncanny as fuck.

Caim

Arcane
For those of you who want to turn the Blasted Lands back into their pre-Iron Horde self, there's a member of the Bronze Dragonflight west of the road between the zone and the Swamp of Sorrows. She can send you back in time to the old Blasted Lands, much like you can do with Theramore.

Israfael

Arcane
Mythic is a joke now, most bosses die in 1-2 minutes now even with half raid full of LFR "heroes", everything feels like it has been nerfed 60-70%.. Pretty sure it'll be pugged to hell after next reset.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Well, the current stats are based on warlords content so it's no wonder they fucked up (and probably didn't care in many cases) the "obsolete" content.

Avellion

Erudite
Some of these posts in the thread sold me on the game, so I resubbed. My character is an alliance(1) gnome(2). I have to say, I am disappointed in the difficulty, my character can instakill nearly every mob when his main attack crits. But he is only level 32, so maybe it gets better later on, but right now this is just insultingly easy. Save for those high level Horde Players who enjoy instakilling me every now and then.

Despite my general cynicism in this thread, having replayed it. WoW is much better than I remembered, especially compared to the recent blunders of WildStar. Despite the lack of difficulty, the levelling experience feels far more well paced than recent mmorpgs, and the game doesnt stick with one antagonistic group for too long, you may have 3 quests dedicated to one villainous group and then move over to the next, which certainly beats Guild Wars 2's centaurs and bandits for 50 fucking levels. The combat is also much smoother and more enjoyable, and landing crits is actually satisfying. Skills are handed out at regular intervals, which helps keep gameplay fresh and means you wont have 50 levels of being awarded nothing. Dungeons runs are okish, but they are a lot more fun when you use this as your inspiration http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228173312 (3)

(1)my irl friends were alliance, forgive me my Codex overlords
(2)in mmorpgs I have always prefered shorter races since they give a better illusion of speed than bigger races, playing as a tauren in WoW makes the game feel painfully slow. shorter races are also better at annoying people.
(3)fitting since I am a brewmaster tank (killing people with alcohol was too tempting)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mythic is a joke now, most bosses die in 1-2 minutes now even with half raid full of LFR "heroes", everything feels like it has been nerfed 60-70%.. Pretty sure it'll be pugged to hell after next reset.
Are we talking about Pandaria content? If so, why does it matter, it'll be obsolete in three weeks.

Israfael

Arcane
Are we talking about Pandaria content? If so, why does it matter, it'll be obsolete in three weeks.
It matters for recruiting - now it's impossible to see whether new people are worthy of raiding or not. Siegecrafter Blackfuse, boss that took my guild 260 wipes to kill and arguably one of the most complex encounters in the history of WoW, died in 2 pulls (it'd died on first if our hunter that always did the belt didn't have misfortune with disengage) with 10 people who never seen him before. This nerf will create a new cohort of "full heroic (mythic) clear raiders", same as in DS times in cata, who really have no clue about the complexity and requirements of raiding. This will lead to another mass exodus of players. As Ghostcrawler used to say, "players usually don't rise up to the challenge, they quit".

Zeriel

Arcane
People still playing are already the dregs. There's a reason a lot of top guilds went 10 man, they literally could not field 25 good players (and remember, these are guilds that used to do 40 man raids).

Israfael

Arcane
People still playing are already the dregs. There's a reason a lot of top guilds went 10 man, they literally could not field 25 good players (and remember, these are guilds that used to do 40 man raids).
It was one guild (Paragons), and it was because raid complexity and personal responsibility requirements raised dramatically in last two expansions. I played in vanilla, early TBC, Cata and MoP, and i can attest to that. Before Cata raiding was mostly about spreadsheets - how much resistance you have (in case of vanilla), how much damage you can pump out without ripping aggro off the tank, how many shammies can you stack for OP chain heals, and so on. Starting from T11, all raiders have to be aware of what's happening on the dance floor and act accordingly. Garrosh HC required a very precise coordination in 16 seconds of terror in the first intermission, in which you had to interrupt adds and simultaneously do ~ 350-400k dps. Lei Shen HC required even more coordination and judgmental calls that either saved you or screwed you (popped speed boost to get to the ball spawn point in the intermission so add(s) wont spawn? - got the helm of command = gg wipe)

Zeriel

Arcane
That complexity increase is tied to the way the raid scene has evolved around add-ons. While I always thought people bitching about them were dumb, it's inarguable that fights are now designed around the fact people have add-ons telling them what to do at all times (I am not talking about retard aids either, but specific raid add-ons). Also, the rise of metric-crunching (world of logs etc) has pushed optimization to a level where Blizzard has to make the numbers that way or raiders would complain about beating everything day 1.

I didn't play MoP, but my experience in Cataclysm was that there was nothing "harder" than Sunwell. inb4 Cataclysm was a joke including HC pre-nerf Ragnaros, I guess.

abija

Prophet
Most of HC Cata was harder than sunwell if you were going for progression instead of twidling for first round of "fixes" while gearing up.

Israfael

Arcane
That complexity increase is tied to the way the raid scene has evolved around add-ons. While I always thought people bitching about them were dumb, it's inarguable that fights are now designed around the fact people have add-ons telling them what to do at all times (I am not talking about retard aids either, but specific raid add-ons). Also, the rise of metric-crunching (world of logs etc) has pushed optimization to a level where Blizzard has to make the numbers that way or raiders would complain about beating everything day 1.

I didn't play MoP, but my experience in Cataclysm was that there was nothing "harder" than Sunwell. inb4 Cataclysm was a joke including HC pre-nerf Ragnaros, I guess.
As I said in my previous post, Sunwell (BT etc) was hard because of extremely tight tuning, not because you had to execute something really complex. Addons (i guess you mean dbm/bigwigs) are not necessary to kill the boss, all the abilities are either telegraphed by the boss himself or warned about by the default UI. Of course, they help immensely, but they dont move you out of shit, you have to do that by yourself. 90% of typical raiders arent capable of that, it seems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom