Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst moment in a cRPG

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Risen. Brogar showdown in act 4. 'THE DON WON'T BE ABLE TO PROTECT YOU NOW!!! *proceeds to beat the player with a stick* '.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
coaster said:
Melissan.JPG
.... that's Melissan? :shock:
She looks like a dork.

DriacKin

Arbiter
To me, all of the crap with Minsc and Boo represent the most painfully inane dialogue I've seen in an RPG (not including fan mods).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
DriacKin said:
To me, all of the crap with Minsc and Boo represent the most painfully inane dialogue I've seen in an RPG (not including fan mods).

Not quite the worst I've seen (hell, even Bioware provided more embarassing dialog in pretty much all their games since BG2), but this needs to be bolded and enlarged if only to piss off the resident Bioware fags.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
FeelTheRads said:
DriacKin said:

Not quite the worst I've seen (hell, even Bioware provided more embarassing dialog in pretty much all their games since BG2), but this needs to be bolded and enlarged if only to piss off the resident Bioware fags.

Whatever... it's your punishment for grouping with retarded rangers.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
GarfunkeL said:
Black_Willow said:
GarfunkeL said:
Trial in NWN2.
I found it to be one of the few good things in NWN2 OC.

The trial was great until the obligatory "bossfight" made it entirely redundant and doubly frustrating. WTF was Obsidian thinking there?

Probably trying to confuse the reviewers into thinking that it had great C&C. Kinda like the sequence for saving the Duke's possessed son in DA, bunch of reviewers wrote about that as an example of how there were choices and consequences when in reality there were no real consequences...

DriacKin said:

At least Minsc was intended to be a retarded character. I have bigger problems when characters who are supposed to be geniuses display the same level of intellectual acumen.

Melcar

Arcane
ToB final fight wasn't THAT bad. It wasn't a great moment (it should have been), but it wasn't among the worst. The Ascension final fight was among the greatest though.

bhlaab

Erudite
In Oblivion there is a quest given to you by some dark elf thief. He wants you to get some sword from him that he stole a long time ago along with some other guy.
When you get the sword you can either give it to the dark elf for gold or return it to its rightful owner for some soul gems and karma.

My character is a thief so I figure "well what if I give the sword to the dark elf, get the gold, then steal it back from him and return it for the other prize as well" good plan.

So I give it to the dark elf, get the gold, and then set about pickpocketing the sword back off of him. Except it's not there. The game thought I might do this, and made it so the sword vanishes into the ether as soon as I hand it over.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF MAKING A SANDBOX RPG IF THE GAME'S JUST GOING TO FUCKING CHEAT

bhlaab

Erudite
FYI I just started playing Arcanum and I got a quest to break the first town's steam generator. After I did that I got a quest from someone else to fix it. That pretty much rules.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'd rather say they didn't think you may want to do that and the sword was removed from the game world simply because there wasn't any other reason for its existence.

bhlaab

Erudite
FeelTheRads said:
I'd rather say they didn't think you may want to do that and the sword was removed from the game world simply because there wasn't any other reason for its existence.

Why not? You give a character an item, it goes into their inventory. That's a fundamental basis for emergent sandbox rpg gameplay.

Either way you look at it they fucked up. Why have pickpocketing if you can't use it outside of the box?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
bhlaab said:
FYI I just started playing Arcanum and I got a quest to break the first town's steam generator. After I did that I got a quest from someone else to fix it. That pretty much rules.

Well, there's also that thing with the spirit in the cave at the crash site and the man from whom he and some other guy stole something. You can play them around in a variety of ways.

jonnypolen

Liturgist
I forced myself to play MM 9 until the very end, and then some kind of bug made me unable to finish the game. That made the whole experience depressing as well as horrible. Honorable mention to Fallout 2 for making my car with 75 % of my inventory disappear near the end.

laclongquan

Arcane
SCO said:
Konjad said:
SEWERS IN BLOODLINES FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:RAGE:

Other than that there wasn't really anything special.

I just realized in my last playthrough, that the sewers has respawning monsters before entering the nosferatu stronghold.
You know in case you miss the keycard and need to go get it again, you can fight the same (awful) fight 4 times!

Stop the lies start the truth! If you miss the keycard you can go back and look around that spot. It lie on the ground a few step away. Good perception and investigation will show its sparkling dust clearly in the dark sewer.

Anyway, The never-sufficient-damned You Can Only Die Once Tonight quest reward is +1 to gun skill, upto 4. But at lower gunskill how the hell can you shoot all of them? Get Gun4 then you can kiss your reward goodbye... Damnit! Thats' the worst moment of VTMB. The quest is fun gunplay but the reward is too restrictive. I had to give up, do the pimp quest, and save that for later.

Erebus

Arcane
- The first dungeon in IWD. I don't care much for the game anyway, but the first dungeon was the most annoying and frustrating part. The fact that going through the whole fucking place (disarming hundreds of traps and fighting hundred of skeletons) ends up being for nothing makes it even worse.

- Staying with IWD, the revelation that the source of all problems is fucking Crenshinibon. Enough with the Salvatore shit already !

- The first dungeon in PoR 2. Probably the rest of the game as well, but I gave up on this horrible game way before getting to that.

- In PS:T, realizing that Curst wasn't going to be anywhere as interesting as Sigil. Not that Curst is really *bad*, but it's probably the weakest part of the game and all the great stuff that came before makes it quite a disappointment. Plus, the cool visual design and music made me expect something better and more developed.

- In Arcanum, the "thrilling" revelation of who the real villain is.

- In ToB, the fact that we're forced to stay blind to the obvious (and I mean OBVIOUS).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom