Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Time to shitpost while I wait for cringe to be compiled.

27IkEzu.png

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Apparently he's a 10 000 year old mage that makes Areelu look like a little baby. I haven't bothered to find every note though so idk about him being a gay pedophile.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
No indication of being gay either. Unless you think Frodo and Sam are both gay.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Being cringy because of intense wokeness - is another. Sure, sex related stuff by itself is almost always trigger some folks around here since many of them think that simply doesn't belong to games like this but that's a different story. Woke themes, various agendas and insertion of political views into goddamned mass cult entertaiment products however isn't just a cringe writing - and the forms in which that stuff appears in the subj are amusing only for so long.
So what is your objection, actually? You don't like any politics in any mass (however, Wrath is not that "mass") entertainment product or you don't like politics that contradicts your values?

Also, every 3-4 pages of this thread I am reminded that the quality of writing is discussed by people who cannot read, be it in-game dialogues or the combat log.

Camel

Scholar
Only thing I dislike is explicit sex scenes. I don't see the point and they're always awkward.
Innuendos, fade to black, love stories are fine.
Woke neopuritans will purge sex scenes from the games like they already did in the mainstream movies and Me too witch-hunt doesn’t help. Ever notice how R-rated/mature rated movies have tons of blood and gore but no sex scenes and almost zero debate nudity.
Sex cards ftw. Witcher did the right thing for once. Make the broads you bang in game into achievements to unlock!
Precisely. The feminist butthurt about them was just gravy.

Codex Year of the Donut
Only thing I dislike is explicit sex scenes. I don't see the point and they're always awkward.
Innuendos, fade to black, love stories are fine.
Woke neopuritans will purge sex scenes from the games like they already did in the mainstream movies and Me too witch-hunt doesn’t help. Ever notice how R-rated/mature rated movies have tons of blood and gore but no sex scenes and almost zero debate nudity.
Sex cards ftw. Witcher did the right thing for once. Make the broads you bang in game into achievements to unlock!
Precisely. The feminist butthurt about them was just gravy.
I've seen well-done gore, I've yet to see a well-done sex scene in a game.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Ever notice how R-rated/mature rated movies have tons of blood and gore but no sex scenes and almost zero debate nudity.
That's just an American thing tbh. Films from other countries have tons of nudity

Although even then I'm somewhat skeptical of the "American's hate sex!" meme. Don't think I've ever watched an adult television show that wasn't filled with sex

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ever notice how R-rated/mature rated movies have tons of blood and gore but no sex scenes and almost zero debate nudity.
That's just an American thing tbh. Films from other countries have tons of nudity

Although even then I'm somewhat skeptical of the "American's hate sex!" meme. Don't think I've ever watched an adult television show that wasn't filled with sex

Americans love to tiptoe around the boundaries of moral guardians. Having explicit sex is right out. But dry humping/softcore with tits hanging out is fine.

I've seen well-done gore

Hmmm, what game would you say has well-done gore?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I think it's quite likely that ancient humans were at least somewhat private since the developing brains of children tend to have a difficult time when exposed to sex

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Fun fact: people used to have sex so much in cemeteries and churches that religious authorities issued extensive degrees against copulation in those areas specifically.

Why?

Because historically, most domiciles did not provide adequate privacy for sex. So it was either doing the deed in full view of your family, or finding a quiet corner somewhere to shag in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom