Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Wrath of the Righteous is even worse than Kingmaker (which was already shit)

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I disagree about rest spamming. I think it makes the game more interesting to not be able to spam rests and be more strategic about spell usage. Otherwise it makes the game too easy.
The problem with countermeasures is plainly seen in Pillars of Eternity (with that damnable camping equipment gimmick), where it is trivially possible to end up in situ where the party is beaten down to a point where they cannot progress forward, and cannot survive the retreat, and cannot rest to restore themselves even slightly. This leads to a party wipe, and potentially needing a full restart of the game.
If you forget about the possibility to regularly make manual saves, perhaps. Otherwise I don't really see such scenario. If you do ironman run, you simply need to plan such expeditions in advance and don't push your luck.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I disagree about rest spamming. I think it makes the game more interesting to not be able to spam rests and be more strategic about spell usage. Otherwise it makes the game too easy.
The problem with countermeasures is plainly seen in Pillars of Eternity (with that damnable camping equipment gimmick), where it is trivially possible to end up in situ where the party is beaten down to a point where they cannot progress forward, and cannot survive the retreat, and cannot rest to restore themselves even slightly. This leads to a party wipe, and potentially needing a full restart of the game.
If you forget about the possibility to regularly make manual saves, perhaps. Otherwise I don't really see such scenario. If you do ironman run, you simply need to plan such expeditions in advance and don't push your luck.
I'll give you an example: There is a forked path in the dungeon, where taking the left path leads to a large battle, and taking the path to the right leads to a wall of thorns —that turns out to be a one-way passage. In my game this was not apparent until quite a ways further on; different levels in fact... one of these was with sparse (if any) threats. It had merchants. I had many manual saves over the next two or three areas, but it became apparent that the next areas' monsters were quite powerful—too powerful for a weakened party with 1 or two hitpoints each and no spells.

The merchant area did not sell camping gear. It was impossible to rest anywhere on that level, despite having no hostile threats. I backtracked all the way to the wall of thorns, and then discovered that it was impassible from that side. The alternative passage was an ambush with several tough opponents; impossible to succeed, impossible to rest, impossible to progress further. Bad, bad design.

I quit the game over it; meaning to come back a few days later on, but I never did. This would never have happened without the designers using that absurd gimmick of zero rest of any sort, without camping gear. It defies common sense and experience. People can sleep anywhere. They can be attacked in their sleep, they can have horrible, uncomfortable sleep, but they can sleep, and will sleep eventually—no matter the risk or situation. People would fall asleep on lava eventually.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This doesn't happen in PoE. It's also not bad design, it's the intended difficulty.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
This DID happen in PoE; it happened to me. And yes, it was very careless design.

*I will say that it was very fun to play... until the point of endless reloading due to endless party death due to them leaving no option to heal.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There isn't a single dungeon in the game that locks you in, you can always backtrack to a merchant who has camping supplies.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Did you not read my post?

It was the very problem of not being able to survive the retreat to the exit stairs that made the situation hopeless, and result in one-shot deaths at every encounter. This is bad design.

This would probably have been trivially fixed if they had seen it happen. Even with their silly camping mechanic; have the merchant sell one; even exorbitantly priced. Have the wall of thorns be passable; allow the party to rest (at great risk) for single point healing. Any number of options are plausible.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I am not, but I would love to see you prove this.

:nocountryforshitposters:

*I assume that there is only one wall of thorns event under the stronghold. It's simple to see the situation there.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There is only one instance where this can potentially happen. It's if you fall down the pit in the first few levels of the dungeon under the stronghold. There is no way back up unless you fight your way through the levels you skipped by falling down, but this doesn't sound like your situation.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I played wrathfinder with several unusual non-optimized builds and didn't face any great difficulty except blackwater first time I went there unprepared and gallu stormcallers in act 5. Pathfinder is just an absurd system and owlcat likes to emphasize its worst excesses but once you know the basics (stack modifiers as much as possible in whatever you are specializing), then it is not that difficult. I even didn't do any class changes or any unreasonable multiclasses for companions, that's not the issue with either of these games.

Issue is they are opposite of elegant, they are designed in such gluttonous ways both in writing and encounter design, they also suffer from just being written to extremes that put most juvenile anime to shame. Still, much like bad fastfood sometimes you want to play something that is just excessive.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
PoE-s.jpg

PoE.webp

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Still, much like bad fastfood sometimes you want to play something that is just excessive.
Owlcat writing occupies the layer between fast food and putrid rat feces on the street*.

*Otherwise known as Larian writing.

scytheavatar

Scholar
The issue of rest spamming will disappear if Owlcat or someone else ever make a Pathfinder 2E CRPG. Cause the system assumes the party has 3 moderate difficulty fights at most a day before resting. And that they always face a boss fight fully rested and without having to conserve their resources. Of course it would be a challenge to make a CRPG that always assumes rest spamming so how that is handed will be interesting.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
So you must not have read my first post. The way they came in was through the wall of thorns (where I labeled it impassible, because it is; it's a one way passage that can only be used from its other side).This is how they passed that ambush without seeing it. The surface exit is to the left, the passageway to the right leads downward into a lower level. Further onward (and downward) eventually leads to a new area with encounters that are impossible for a weakened party with no spells. The fights are winnable to a rested party, but there is no way to rest, and no way to acquire any camping gear. The ONLY option for this group is to retreat (leftward) past that ambush—and they cannot survive it.

This is what I said in the beginning.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Pathfinder 2E CRPG

That would be awful!!!

Pf2e picks everything that sucks in 5e and 4e and combines in one system. Adapt a retroclone and makes the magic buffs costly and dangerous. Adapt gurps. Anything except pf2e.

Unfortunately the success of BG3 shows that you are just yelling at the cloud. 4E is indeed trash for a TTRPG, but it would have been an interesting and potentially great system for a CRPG. Since it basically was designed to appeal to the World of Warcraft crowd and a lot of its clumsiness would have been hidden when a PC does all the maths. Similarly PF2E has issues, especially with its magic, but it's a question of whether the devs handing it can make adjustments to suit the system for a CRPG. If a PF2E game sucks then it's a problem of the devs sucking rather than with the system.

MerchantKing

Learned
To quote the great Lilura, Poncefinder: Cuckmaker was utter crap, as Gregz eloquently outlined here a few years back. Now, I finished that turd back in the day, and I dunno why, perhaps because I am glutton for punishment (among other things), I decided to play the sequel, which I picked up for cheap.

And oh boy, after about 20 hours, I have to declare, Wrath of the Nauseous might even be worse than Shitmaker 1. In fact, it's so bad, I will not even try to finish it, and instead do the smart thing and uninstall it.

Why do I hate it so much? Well, for one thing, Owlcat has learned literally nothing from Kingmaker. All the same exact shit that caused problems there is back, and in some cases even worse.

As early as the first chapter, when you are clearing Kenabres from the demons, and your fucking party is like level 3, and you barely have any shit or spells, half the fucking enemies apply permanent ability and stat drains. The Shadows with their stat drain. The rat swarms with their filth fever. Not to mention if someone dies and is resurrected, which already takes a high level resource to do, they get applied a negative level too, because in Russia this passes for fun. What kind of retard would think this is a good idea in a product meant for entertainment?
Even though I would agree that demons are a retarded enemy thematically for a low level party and that it's retarded to even give a low level party access to such items, it's starting to sound like you were filtered.
You can get filtered by idiocy, you know. Now stop quoting internet memes before I show you that I can dual wield them. With my feet.
Lol. That's what a filtered guy would say.
Some of this shit can be undone with rest, which brings me to my next point, the fucking "brilliance" behind corruption. See, these retards (much like the retards behind Pooplars of Eternity) decided that rest spamming is a bad idea in RPGs, so they introduced camping gear or rations, to limit the rests. Of course everybody normal hated this idea, because all it did is make rest more annoying. IE, everyone still rested the same, they just had to make more trips now in and out of dungeons, or play like misers (ooohh, i can't cast this spell now, cause I gotta save it for the boss, let me use a fucking crossbow on my wizard instead). So after all the complaints about rations, the Einsteins at Owlcat decided to replace it with .. corruption. Lol.

Where do these idiots even come from? Like who the fuck even cares about rest spamming? I played the Baldur's Gate saga, and the NWN games, and ToEE, and NetHack and other DnD games, and never had any issues with rest spamming. Because good games can balance the combat around other, more sensible stuff. Only autistic retards want massive attrition in their games, literally being barely able to use their weapons, and think that's fun. It's probably the people who play the same game 20 times, and then whine about how it's too easy. But why the fuck would you design your game around those kinds of people? If your game needs attrition to be fun, then your game is shit.
I see you hate mechanical features that add to the roleplaying by further mechanically simulating aspects of the world like scarcity or some kind of problem endemic to a region that you have to do. It's almost like you don't like mechanical features that encourage roleplaying in roleplaying games. If anything, WotR should've kept the rations requirement for camping. CRPGs in general need more such mechanics to help reinforce the fact that a problem in the region is more than just dialogue lines and something you run into by simply following the linear plotline. At the same time, both games allowed you to utilize your party member's skills to get some additional benefits during camping and an improved chance to avoid random encounters. Plus someone with a high enough nature skill could eliminate the need for rations entirely.

But BG1+2, IWD1+2, and ToEE certainly had their anti-rest spam in the form of random encounters that could kill your party if you got the wrong encounter. NWN's anti rest spam depended on who made the module you're playing through. You always had the timer for rests however. Most D&D games had some kind of anti-rest spam mechanics. At times in BG1, you can find yourself resting over and over again just to run into encounter after encounter on each attempt only to realize the best course of action is to leave the area and rest in a more appropriate place. There was also the restriction that you very likely couldn't just rest wherever in towns since a guard would interupt your rest requiring that you use an Inn.

A stupid mechanical feature is a bad thing. In previous DnD games, there was some reasonable punishment for resting, ie you could get attacked/woken up, so you didn't spam rest too much, only when you needed it to refresh your key abilities.

But this new shit with camping rations or corruption or whatever, it's just dumb as fuck, because you are literally preventing the player from using their class abilities. Think about a game like System Shock 2, where you get relatively limited ammo, to keep the suspense up. But you still generally get enough bullets to kill every enemy, as long as you don't auto fire like a retard, and place your shots carefully.

But in Shitmakers/PoE/other crap, it doesn't matter how carefully you cast your spells, you cannot spread them over anything near the total amount of encounters, so basically your healers/casters/wizards should just be mostly useless with crossbows or whatever, and save up their shit for a few key fights. This is the opposite of fun, and basically all it does in realistic terms is screw over casters and elevate melee to kings of combat.
Kingmaker only requires rations if you want to save in world time and don't have a character with high enough nature skill. Plus you could by a lot of them anyways and they were cheap. Wrath is the only one with the mechanic. However, you could get around it by simply timing your journeys around returns to town to sell loot. You can rest as much as you need to so long as you rest in an appropriate place. BTW resource management is a fundamental part of good dungeon crawling and exploration. Incentives towards resource management are good design. Attrition is a good thing. If you don't like it, more casual games like pokemon might be more suitable for you.

Also in tabletop, that's how low level casters play anyways. You usually need to save your spells for the right encounters rather than just resting every time you run out of spells. But then again, the fundamental purpose of crpgs is to emulate the rpg on a computer. Part of that is allowing you to run out of spells and have to withdraw from a dungeon or clear it before you can rest. Casters in general were always a character that at low levels played exactly in that way being good for a couple spells and then being a useless character that had to stay out of the way if they either used up all their spells or the encounter didn't need it.
you cannot spread them over anything near the total amount of encounters
You don't need them for most of those encounters anyways.
Then, speaking of unfun, there is the fucking endless buffing. This is the height of Owlcat combat design: every enemy has inflated stats, so the "challenge" of the combat system is not tactics, or anything interesting, it is to literally prebuff your fucking party 20 times with the cornucopia of consumable shit that the game showers you with. Who needs tactics when you can click on drink potion or cast scroll 20 times before each fight, that's WAY more fun. Well, I am no rocket scientist, but here is a fucking idea: if you remove stupid stat bloat from enemies, then you wouldn't need to prebuff 20 times, and then you also wouldn't be showered with a million useless pieces of trash in every container.
The rampant buff spam is a 3e problem that pf1e inherited. It was possible in ToEE and many NWN1+2 builds depend heavily on the buff spam. Also, unless you're playing on Hard or Unfair, you probably don't have to buff spam for most encounters in either PF game since so many of them are just trash. At best it's just the best practice to buff spam at the beginning of an area to more quickly steamroll the trash mob spam with garbage AI.

There's also the problem that they didn't implement some of the rules correctly which allowed for buff stacking and getting bonsues that wouldn't be possible in tabletop, i.e. Magical vestment, sneak attack without satisfying the flanking rules, etc.
I don't give a flying owlrat's ass who they inherited it from. They chose the system for their game, they also chose HOW to adapt it. So they are responsible for the shit.
They implemented the ruleset incorrectly and then had to rebalance the encounters because they allowed things to stack that shouldn't. That is why the problem is so extreme. At most you'd only need half of the buffs for the harder encounters since if properly implement, the other half that are used in game would not stack.
Nobody says you have to adopt a PnP system verbatim into a video game, smart designers know this.
If the goal is to reproduce the systems from tabletop, then you best should reproduce the ruleset. That is the appeal of this type of crpg. A smart designer would emulate it as closely as possible. After all, if they didn't want a pf1e game, then the smartest decision would have been to use 2e or some other system. Don't like it? Then these are not the games for you.
Holy fuck, then you might actually spend your time in the game on doing something fun instead.
Collecting and selling loot for profit is part of the fun of crpgs!
Not when that "loot" is like a bazillion of similar potions and scrolls and other useless crap.
Speaking of those potions and scrolls, wanna know how to make the wizard who used up all their spells somewhat useful again without needing to rest or how to make a wizard more useful without having to use their limited abilities?
It's even tiring to read the labels/descriptions in the inventory cause there is so much shit and most of it does the same shit. or all that horrible "Here is a fucking frozen fart sculpture of the northern mammoth squirrel. It will be of interest to some collector. Worth 2 coppers." Are these fucking collectors homeless?
Likely just copypasted generic descriptions on the part of the item designer to say it only has a purpose to sell of or it's just some useless junk added for flavor like forks and spoons in a TES game but the developer didn't want to leave it without a description. Besides, that's how goyim selling off their treasures to pawnbrokers work. Do you think a pawnbroker is going to buy that stuff off you for full price? Absolutely not.

To quote the great Lilura, Poncefinder: Cuckmaker was utter crap, as Gregz eloquently outlined here a few years back. Now, I finished that turd back in the day, and I dunno why, perhaps because I am glutton for punishment (among other things), I decided to play the sequel, which I picked up for cheap.

And oh boy, after about 20 hours, I have to declare, Wrath of the Nauseous might even be worse than Shitmaker 1. In fact, it's so bad, I will not even try to finish it, and instead do the smart thing and uninstall it.

Why do I hate it so much? Well, for one thing, Owlcat has learned literally nothing from Kingmaker. All the same exact shit that caused problems there is back, and in some cases even worse.

As early as the first chapter, when you are clearing Kenabres from the demons, and your fucking party is like level 3, and you barely have any shit or spells, half the fucking enemies apply permanent ability and stat drains. The Shadows with their stat drain. The rat swarms with their filth fever. Not to mention if someone dies and is resurrected, which already takes a high level resource to do, they get applied a negative level too, because in Russia this passes for fun. What kind of retard would think this is a good idea in a product meant for entertainment?
Even though I would agree that demons are a retarded enemy thematically for a low level party and that it's retarded to even give a low level party access to such items, it's starting to sound like you were filtered.
You can get filtered by idiocy, you know. Now stop quoting internet memes before I show you that I can dual wield them. With my feet.
Lol. That's what a filtered guy would say.

^ So is that. Or are you banking on the fact that it would take a very high-end filter (say an N95) to catch your 3 brain cells? ;)

Some of this shit can be undone with rest, which brings me to my next point, the fucking "brilliance" behind corruption. See, these retards (much like the retards behind Pooplars of Eternity) decided that rest spamming is a bad idea in RPGs, so they introduced camping gear or rations, to limit the rests. Of course everybody normal hated this idea, because all it did is make rest more annoying. IE, everyone still rested the same, they just had to make more trips now in and out of dungeons, or play like misers (ooohh, i can't cast this spell now, cause I gotta save it for the boss, let me use a fucking crossbow on my wizard instead). So after all the complaints about rations, the Einsteins at Owlcat decided to replace it with .. corruption. Lol.

Where do these idiots even come from? Like who the fuck even cares about rest spamming? I played the Baldur's Gate saga, and the NWN games, and ToEE, and NetHack and other DnD games, and never had any issues with rest spamming. Because good games can balance the combat around other, more sensible stuff. Only autistic retards want massive attrition in their games, literally being barely able to use their weapons, and think that's fun. It's probably the people who play the same game 20 times, and then whine about how it's too easy. But why the fuck would you design your game around those kinds of people? If your game needs attrition to be fun, then your game is shit.
I see you hate mechanical features that add to the roleplaying by further mechanically simulating aspects of the world like scarcity or some kind of problem endemic to a region that you have to do. It's almost like you don't like mechanical features that encourage roleplaying in roleplaying games. If anything, WotR should've kept the rations requirement for camping. CRPGs in general need more such mechanics to help reinforce the fact that a problem in the region is more than just dialogue lines and something you run into by simply following the linear plotline. At the same time, both games allowed you to utilize your party member's skills to get some additional benefits during camping and an improved chance to avoid random encounters. Plus someone with a high enough nature skill could eliminate the need for rations entirely.

But BG1+2, IWD1+2, and ToEE certainly had their anti-rest spam in the form of random encounters that could kill your party if you got the wrong encounter. NWN's anti rest spam depended on who made the module you're playing through. You always had the timer for rests however. Most D&D games had some kind of anti-rest spam mechanics. At times in BG1, you can find yourself resting over and over again just to run into encounter after encounter on each attempt only to realize the best course of action is to leave the area and rest in a more appropriate place. There was also the restriction that you very likely couldn't just rest wherever in towns since a guard would interupt your rest requiring that you use an Inn.

A stupid mechanical feature is a bad thing. In previous DnD games, there was some reasonable punishment for resting, ie you could get attacked/woken up, so you didn't spam rest too much, only when you needed it to refresh your key abilities.

But this new shit with camping rations or corruption or whatever, it's just dumb as fuck, because you are literally preventing the player from using their class abilities. Think about a game like System Shock 2, where you get relatively limited ammo, to keep the suspense up. But you still generally get enough bullets to kill every enemy, as long as you don't auto fire like a retard, and place your shots carefully.

But in Shitmakers/PoE/other crap, it doesn't matter how carefully you cast your spells, you cannot spread them over anything near the total amount of encounters, so basically your healers/casters/wizards should just be mostly useless with crossbows or whatever, and save up their shit for a few key fights. This is the opposite of fun, and basically all it does in realistic terms is screw over casters and elevate melee to kings of combat.
Kingmaker only requires rations if you want to save in world time and don't have a character with high enough nature skill. Plus you could by a lot of them anyways and they were cheap.

You haven't really played these games, have you? In Shitmaker, rations weighed a lot, and in PoE, you could only buy so many.

Wrath is the only one with the mechanic. However, you could get around it by simply timing your journeys around returns to town to sell loot. You can rest as much as you need to so long as you rest in an appropriate place. BTW resource management is a fundamental part of good dungeon crawling and exploration. Incentives towards resource management are good design. Attrition is a good thing. If you don't like it, more casual games like pokemon might be more suitable for you.

Yeah, this is why I play RPGs, so I can time my journeys around returns to town to sell loot. Are you even listening to your retardation bre?

Also in tabletop, that's how low level casters play anyways. You usually need to save your spells for the right encounters rather than just resting every time you run out of spells. But then again, the fundamental purpose of crpgs is to emulate the rpg on a computer. Part of that is allowing you to run out of spells and have to withdraw from a dungeon or clear it before you can rest. Casters in general were always a character that at low levels played exactly in that way being good for a couple spells and then being a useless character that had to stay out of the way if they either used up all their spells or the encounter didn't need it.

Yes, casters had few spells at low levels, so that gave incentive and joy to leveling up, so you could have enough spells to cast them consistently. In Shitmaker games, you are always the stunted retard who can cast a few spells in key fights, and the rest of the way, fights with a broom.

you cannot spread them over anything near the total amount of encounters
You don't need them for most of those encounters anyways.
Then, speaking of unfun, there is the fucking endless buffing. This is the height of Owlcat combat design: every enemy has inflated stats, so the "challenge" of the combat system is not tactics, or anything interesting, it is to literally prebuff your fucking party 20 times with the cornucopia of consumable shit that the game showers you with. Who needs tactics when you can click on drink potion or cast scroll 20 times before each fight, that's WAY more fun. Well, I am no rocket scientist, but here is a fucking idea: if you remove stupid stat bloat from enemies, then you wouldn't need to prebuff 20 times, and then you also wouldn't be showered with a million useless pieces of trash in every container.
The rampant buff spam is a 3e problem that pf1e inherited. It was possible in ToEE and many NWN1+2 builds depend heavily on the buff spam. Also, unless you're playing on Hard or Unfair, you probably don't have to buff spam for most encounters in either PF game since so many of them are just trash. At best it's just the best practice to buff spam at the beginning of an area to more quickly steamroll the trash mob spam with garbage AI.

There's also the problem that they didn't implement some of the rules correctly which allowed for buff stacking and getting bonsues that wouldn't be possible in tabletop, i.e. Magical vestment, sneak attack without satisfying the flanking rules, etc.
I don't give a flying owlrat's ass who they inherited it from. They chose the system for their game, they also chose HOW to adapt it. So they are responsible for the shit.
They implemented the ruleset incorrectly and then had to rebalance the encounters because they allowed things to stack that shouldn't. That is why the problem is so extreme. At most you'd only need half of the buffs for the harder encounters since if properly implement, the other half that are used in game would not stack.

So, what do I care? Either way they fucked up.

Nobody says you have to adopt a PnP system verbatim into a video game, smart designers know this.
If the goal is to reproduce the systems from tabletop, then you best should reproduce the ruleset. That is the appeal of this type of crpg. A smart designer would emulate it as closely as possible. After all, if they didn't want a pf1e game, then the smartest decision would have been to use 2e or some other system. Don't like it? Then these are not the games for you.

No, this is not the appeal of this kind of RPG beyond a few nerds who actually played PnP. The appeal of cRPGs is to make fun games, and the rulesets are used as a guideline for creating interesting systems, but they have to be adapted to the medium.

Holy fuck, then you might actually spend your time in the game on doing something fun instead.
Collecting and selling loot for profit is part of the fun of crpgs!
Not when that "loot" is like a bazillion of similar potions and scrolls and other useless crap.
Speaking of those potions and scrolls, wanna know how to make the wizard who used up all their spells somewhat useful again without needing to rest or how to make a wizard more useful without having to use their limited abilities?

I already know. Reroll as 2handed fighter.

It's even tiring to read the labels/descriptions in the inventory cause there is so much shit and most of it does the same shit. or all that horrible "Here is a fucking frozen fart sculpture of the northern mammoth squirrel. It will be of interest to some collector. Worth 2 coppers." Are these fucking collectors homeless?
Likely just copypasted generic descriptions on the part of the item designer to say it only has a purpose to sell of or it's just some useless junk added for flavor like forks and spoons in a TES game but the developer didn't want to leave it without a description. Besides, that's how goyim selling off their treasures to pawnbrokers work. Do you think a pawnbroker is going to buy that stuff off you for full price? Absolutely not.

Well, the thing is, when I walk to work or to the prostitutes or whatever, I don't get covered by a rain of this cheap useless shit. So if I had to go to the pawnbroker, and sell one or two such items, it's not a big deal, but having a million cheap shits starts to get annoying.

scytheavatar

Scholar
The Owlcat pathfinder games are designed around one rest every 6-8 fights, this is very generous and standard for D&D games. If you need to rest more then you suck and need to be better at playing these games. One Grease should already be enough to turn a fight VASTLY into your favor.

Harthwain

Magister
About rest spamming - I remember people being upset that they can't sleep as much as they want in Pillars of Eternity (you needed campfire supplies for that). There is no winning here, because there will always be someone to complain about something either way.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Winning is telling the whiners to go fuck themselves or git gud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom