Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-Rebirth

Azazel

Arbiter
[

This is not possible in x-rebirth, the skunk apprently cant carry the goods and you have to tell your slow ass freighter to do it , theres no seta anymore so you have to wait or do generic missions while waiting, i cant possibly see myself trading like this .

The confusing thing about this is that when you are out walking on a station, the Reeking Shit Barge clearly has a fuckoff huge cargo compartment with the doors wide open. Just look up above the gangplank and you'll see it. So the whole cargo thing is...wierd.

Shit, WTF is going on here? All the pilots of transport ships got assasinated? Jesus wept :negative:

Oh, it gets better: You cannot damage NPC freighters. Presumably the god-mode they enabled to make up for the complete and utter lack of pathfinding/AI extends to damage from your own weapons as well.

Raapys

Arcane
Oh, it gets better: You cannot damage NPC freighters. Presumably the god-mode they enabled to make up for the complete and utter lack of pathfinding/AI extends to damage from your own weapons as well.
WTF?? This cannot possibly be true.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Space travel in x3 was using gates , putting seta on X10 when using a slow ship , now you cant do that anymore you use an highway and you are forced into a boring minigame to try to go faster . One of the first mission is to bring 100 energy cell, something very trivial in first X games, load it in your ship , plan the course, seta X10, right click station your ship autodock, a matter of minutes. This is not possible in x-rebirth, the skunk apprently cant carry the goods and you have to tell your slow ass freighter to do it , theres no seta anymore so you have to wait or do generic missions while waiting, i cant possibly see myself trading like this .

That was explained and expected if you were following the Egosoft forum. Some like it some not. SETA gone was known for a long time. Skunk that cannot trade was known as well.

Station FPS walk was known as well, and anyone in sane mind knew it will be shit, and was hoping that it is just a gimmick (possibly worked on later in new additions/patches/mods etc.). But that's not the core of the game or?

You are probably just fucking around in the first system. That is why I was asking for the latter stage of the game.

Anyway, I will try it on Monday and see it for myself.

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014

Well that about does it for me....seeya

I'm_outta_here!.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Being a space sim at all, i tried to play it with my good old joystick. Configuring it is a hell, but that's the smaller part of the problem. I know I'm a bit rusty with a joysitck, but is it possibly to shoot something down with a joystick, without swithcing aim-assist on? Because it's damn sure that i can't. Without aim assist, you better stick to mouse.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

What The Fuck!!? You must be joking... Or it is some bug with their 1.0 (aka 0.512) release :retarded:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Being a space sim at all, i tried to play it with my good old joystick. Configuring it is a hell, but that's the smaller part of the problem. I know I'm a bit rusty with a joysitck, but is it possibly to shoot something down with a joystick, without swithcing aim-assist on? Because it's damn sure that i can't. Without aim assist, you better stick to mouse.
WTF x2!!! What is this shit!!! You can't freely fly with a joystick and aim wherever you like?

Azazel

Arbiter

What The Fuck!!? You must be joking... Or it is some bug with their 1.0 (aka 0.512) release :retarded:

It is my opinion, after having played 5 hours and then gone to work and taken some time to think about how the game is handling things, that the vast majority of the ships in the game are simply faked as eye-candy.
  • The ships in the highways exist only as a mini-game, they neither enter nor exit the highways.
  • The ships floating around stations will loop there forever on pre-determined routes, which occasionally bug out on the structures and lead to pileups (as I mentioned, I saw a whole line of freighters barrel into a parabolic dish and remain there, jiggling in a pile.). In order to prevent this from laying waste to the universe, all "eye-candy" ships are immortal.
  • Enemy ships spawn out of thin air, as do mission related ships. These ones are not classed as eye-candy and are thus destructible.
I begin to suspect that Bernds promises of an actual living economy were so much hot air, as I did not see a single ship go from system to system. It makes me wonder why they took SETA out at all, since their excuse was that it lead to huge issues with ships travelling from system to system.

Between this and the long list of features quietly stated as no longer in the game but listed plainly on the forums right up to launch (which they are doubtlessly scrubbing right now, hence the forums being down), we have been sold a bill of goods my friends.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

WTF x2!!! What is this shit!!! You can't freely fly with a joystick and aim wherever you like?

Bro, no amount of second-hand experience can prepare you for how much Egosoft screwed up this one. You'll either need to buy the game or set sail for a certain bay about which we aren't allowed to talk, to see for yourself.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No, you misunderstood. I said that aiming with the joystick without aim-assist on is very difficult. Somehow the handling of the ship doesn't feel right.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
that the vast majority of the ships in the game are simply faked as eye-candy.
  • The ships in the highways exist only as a mini-game, they neither enter nor exit the highways.
Good catch. I had some suspicion about it as well, but your first hand experience proves it.
Worst of all is, that everything you imagine being fake/shit in this game actually turns out to be exactly the kind of fake/shit you thought about. It's pathetic!

So you are afraid this feature is totally stupid?... bang! It is totally stupid.
So you are afraid this looks faked?... bang! It is faked.
So you are afraid this video-sequence gets annoying?... bang! It is annoying.
So you are afraid this is copy&paste?... bang! It is copy&paste
... etc.

Last edited:

Baron

Arcane
I live only for trading and exploring deep space whilst enjoying a fine electronic score. So how is the soundtrack?

:bounce:? . . :mca:? . . . or . :kfc:

Mortmal

Arcane
Space travel in x3 was using gates , putting seta on X10 when using a slow ship , now you cant do that anymore you use an highway and you are forced into a boring minigame to try to go faster . One of the first mission is to bring 100 energy cell, something very trivial in first X games, load it in your ship , plan the course, seta X10, right click station your ship autodock, a matter of minutes. This is not possible in x-rebirth, the skunk apprently cant carry the goods and you have to tell your slow ass freighter to do it , theres no seta anymore so you have to wait or do generic missions while waiting, i cant possibly see myself trading like this .

That was explained and expected if you were following the Egosoft forum. Some like it some not. SETA gone was known for a long time. Skunk that cannot trade was known as well.

Station FPS walk was known as well, and anyone in sane mind knew it will be shit, and was hoping that it is just a gimmick (possibly worked on later in new additions/patches/mods etc.). But that's not the core of the game or?

You are probably just fucking around in the first system. That is why I was asking for the latter stage of the game.

Anyway, I will try it on Monday and see it for myself.

Of course that was explained before, but its a thing to read it and another to experience it first hand .I am rather open minded with games i play every genre, i cant see how anyone could think it was an improment compare to the old system. Except one thing, theres no collision anymore, but theres no trade supplies anymore either , the ships arent part of a real economy they are just floating around to look pretty like fishes in an aquarium.
Another good thing about the game is the numerous crashes allow to answer on the codex.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I live only for trading and exploring deep space whilst enjoying a fine electronic score. So how is the soundtrack?

Out of your selections this is the one I think would fit best:
:mca:

I listened to the full OST yesterday, and it is indeed mostly a nice electronic score.

m_s0

Arcane
The album leans a bit too much on the "epic" side, with orchestrations and lots of hollywood-like blockbuster honking. It's fine and well done for what it is, but I hope there's more low-key electronica in the actual game score.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
the ships arent part of a real economy they are just floating around to look pretty like fishes in an aquarium.
I am done with WTF's, but what the hell is that?

Are you for real? It is precisely and exactly OPPOSITE to how it was supposed to be working. In previous games you had the situations that if you are out of the sector, the primitive statistic program fires in (because engine couldn't handle real battles when you are Out Of Sector) to decide who win and who not. So, for example your M6 can die from 2xM3 and 6xM5 attacking you, just because you are not present in the system the fight is ongoing (normally you would obliterate them in In Sector mode).. Same for trading, power-handling and so on (ships and stations in the previous games where just spawning AFAIK, so you could not properly break the economic chain in sectors etc.).

They were saying that every ship and station is now a part of the global world and shooting some will impact the local economy.

FUUUUCCCK:rage:

EDIT::

I still hope it is due to bugs and the fact that the story is just a big tutorial that introduce you to the endgame (where all scripts are gone and all is fine and dandy and rainbows all over...

Yeah right.

m_s0

Arcane
Yeah, some of Egosoft's promises made this out to be the best space sandbox ever. Too good to be true.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Ok, how do you bring your first captain to your freighter? I brought the captain back, and I'm supposed to dock with my ship, but I don't know how, and this fucking program doesn't tell me. Help me bros!

Azazel

Arbiter
Ok, how do you bring your first captain to your freighter? I brought the captain back, and I'm supposed to dock with my ship, but I don't know how, and this fucking program doesn't tell me. Help me bros!

Go to the bow of your freighter, pull up close, and double click the little icon that looks like a stack of crates inside the landing bay.

Mortmal

Arcane

Go to the bow of your freighter, pull up close, and double click the little icon that looks like a stack of crates inside the landing bay.

Once you are past the part where plutarch block the jumpgate , are you supposed to lose the freighter ? It completely vanished of my list after force juping to unknown sector .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom