Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Oh I like the part about blowing up floors. That's like in the old games.
Now, all we need is complete demolition like in apoc, and fun times will be had.

Zeriel

Arcane
I really like the lighting in the indoors club shot. First place I've seen that looks absolutely halaal.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Glad to see they've abandoned the superclean supersterile texture array. Those sidewalks look like people walk on them.
vk_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

Legion

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Glad to see they've abandoned the superclean supersterile texture array. Those sidewalks look like people walk on them.
vk_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

This may be a good time to bring up something I remember from their art talk after XCOM 2012: they said that they have a practice of using very placeholder textures with close to zero detail during development, only doing a detail pass as they get close to release. Hence why I kind of expected the end product to look a bit better.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh I like the part about blowing up floors. That's like in the old games.
Now, all we need is complete demolition like in apoc, and fun times will be had.
Blowing up floors is not that meaningful if the game still limits how much explosives you get to carry to missions like nuXcom did.

nil

Cipher
Good to see even the aliens can't get rid of pidgeons.
It would be really cool if it was tied to your progress. Like how much support you have in the given region or something.

Everything would start super clean, and by the end there would be trash everywhere, flickering lights, missing panels, broken windows...

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

The hell are you talking about? You could bring along shitloads of granades, each rocketeer had multiple rockets by the endgame and with the expansion MECs got a spammable skill that allowed cover destruction. Don't even get me started on LW, you can bring along enough explosives to totally level some maps to the ground.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The hell are you talking about? You could bring along shitloads of granades, each rocketeer had multiple rockets by the endgame and with the expansion MECs got a spammable skill that allowed cover destruction. Don't even get me started on LW, you can bring along enough explosives to totally level some maps to the ground.
I am talking about Vanilla game, you have at most 6 guys, only few could have some explosives and you certainly didn't have enough to do much during the battle except on the smallest maps.
Xcom 2 will have a team of 4, I have not yet seen any mention of upgrading to 6. From everything we seen all the stupid ammo limits will still be here so that means you will not have enough ammo to do anything of note. So destroying floors will be just a cute addition with no real meaning.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yeah and I finished the vanilla game on classic twice, by the end I had 2 rockets and 4 granades x mission. More if I decided to bring an extra rocketeer or to equip multiple explosive on each soldier, if you needed more than that to finish the vanilla game I have nothing else to say, except
possibly_retarded.png
, of course.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah and I finished the vanilla game on classic twice, by the end I had 2 rockets and 4 granades x mission. More if I decided to bring an extra rocketeer or to equip multiple explosive on each soldier, if you needed more than that to finish the vanilla game I have nothing else to say, except
possibly_retarded.png
, of course.
Stick that tag on your self retard, because you obviously got reading problems. Who is here talking about finishing the game or problems with that?!
Get your dick out of your mother's ass and learn to read with understanding.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Wow, butthurt much you loser? In my first post I detailed how much explosives you had in VANILLA game, then I added expansion and mods, learn2read. Also, I know this is the codex and being edgy is a form of self defense but really? You needed to call names and offend my mother after 2 posts?
You sad, sad little thing :lol: totally unable of discussing something without foaming from the mouth. Just die in a fire.

Edit, also
possibly_retarded.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I too prefer old xcom to nuxcom, that doesn't change the fact that this watered down version is balanced with 6+ explosives per map... Hell, rarely Vanilla had more than 8-12 aliens on a single map!

Zeriel

Arcane
Blowing up floors is not that meaningful if the game still limits how much explosives you get to carry to missions like nuXcom did.

There is a heavy ability not tied to items/consumables that destroys terrain in a wide arc. There's going to be a lot of destructability.

Zeriel

Arcane
Zeriel have they said/shown if it's long or short ranged?

Jake mentioned it in passing so there wasn't a lot of details. I'm also one of those people who thought there was enough explosives available to you in EU to level all the cover the aliens were using, so maybe I just have the wrong perspective. (I still think stacking heavies trivializes the early game.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is a heavy ability not tied to items/consumables that destroys terrain in a wide arc. There's going to be a lot of destructability.
See Matalarata you retard, someone can read afterall and understand what we are talking about.

Mazisky

Magister
Well, i can say that they look good for being procedural, at least

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom